• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

This will make the other company a dumping ground for restored books. I think it is deceptive.

This is a case where the other company simply wanted to do something different than CGC. Not very well thought out. Bad decision.

Excellent and well-thought business decision. No law that says restored must get purple. Nothing deceptive if the label says "restored."

+1

Clearly a purposeful choice. Given the PLOD mentality, seems like a good way to distinguish themselves.

Just because you disagree with the choice doesn't mean it was a bad decision or not well thought out.

:shrug:

The law of unintended consequences: I just look at ALL of their books as if they are restored and zip right by them when I'm browsing online.

And you can be certain I'm not the only one doing that.

-J.

Thank you. That makes them cheaper for the rest of us.

Carry on.

Yes CBCS books do consistently under perform CGC slabs. You can have them. (thumbs u

-J.

Thanks, J.

All I do is crack them out. And then ...

what I have is a great book at a lesser price.

It's like magic.

lol (thumbs u

-J.

Yes CBCS books do consistently under perform CGC slabs. You can have them. (thumbs u

-J.

Except CBCS white-pagers, which outperform CGC C/OWs. :baiting:

CGC has too much of a foothold on the market, they know this which is why you have to pay for every little thing when submitting to them ($5 just to do an additional invoice?, really CGC?) They are hard to compete with but if anyone can do it, it would be CBCS. They are still too new though and there isn't enough of their slabs out in the wild yet. It'll take a good 5 years before they'll be a big enough threat to CGC.

This will make the other company a dumping ground for restored books. I think it is deceptive.

This is a case where the other company simply wanted to do something different than CGC. Not very well thought out. Bad decision.

Excellent and well-thought business decision. No law that says restored must get purple. Nothing deceptive if the label says "restored."

I suppose it was a good business decision but my comments were directed at the restored blue label as a bad decision for the hobby. Sure, the label says restored but the color of the label says Universal to most hobbyists. Imagine if different cities had different colors on their traffic lights. What if Cleveland changed a red light to go and a green light to stop. It's confusing. These types of things should be 'Universal'. I always thought Borock was a fan of the hobby. It does not make me a fan of the other company.

Edited by bomber-bob

I suppose it was a good business decision but my comments were directed at the restored blue label as a bad decision for the hobby. Sure, the label says restored but the color of the label says Universal to most hobbyists. Imagine if different cities had different colors on their traffic lights. What if Cleveland changed a red light to go and a green light to stop. It's confusing. These types of things should be 'Universal'. I always thought Borock was a fan of the hobby. It does not make me a fan of the other company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence

:(

Cities and states don't regulate traffic light colors; the Federal Highway Administration sets those uniformly and nationally by regulation. And that's the point: there is no national label color standard that a grading company must abide by. They pick whatever color they want. Ultimately the market decides whether it trusts the grading company's label or not. Buyers should read the label, not just look at the color: is it slight resto? Is it conservation? Is it trimmed? Is there tape or glue? Color is quite meaningless, actually.

There is nothing wrong with the way any of the grading companies label their books. They all have clear descriptions of what they contain. Now, one could argue some don't always find everything they should (grade defects or resto or both), but that is a different problem.

haters_gonna_hate.jpg

7.0 went unsold at 10.4 (reserve not met) this evening.

Not surprising. Auctions with Reserves seldom do well. No reflection at all on BB28.

Agreed normally a waste of time to bid less they state their reserve in the listing.

That one bidder did look mighty suspicious

7.0 went unsold at 10.4 (reserve not met) this evening.

Not surprising. Auctions with Reserves seldom do well. No reflection at all on BB28.

I had a reserve auction book sell on eBay double the last sale on GPA (shrug)

The others didn't do as well, but most reached reserve and sold. I wonder when a great book like this goes unsold if maybe the reserve was just too high?

That's a bit ridiculous lol

Personally I don't touch reserve auctions as they are 99% of the time a waste. If you don't want to sell it for less than x start it at x

Not to be contentious, that NEVER almost never worked for me. No one on eBay seems ready to pay FMV for anything.

I don't understand why it is, but with the reserves I at least got some bids from folks that maybe I could deal with off eBay. ;)

Edited by Boba

I am curious to see how this book performs closer to the movie. Right now we are seeing a decent run up with still plenty of time before BvSDOJ followed by two Justice League movies (2017 & 2019). I wonder if it can close the gap with SC #4 more significantly similar to what we have seen with AF #15 and Hulk #1 so there are the big two DC SA keys, instead of just one?

I am curious to see how this book performs closer to the movie. Right now we are seeing a decent run up with still plenty of time before BvSDOJ followed by two Justice League movies (2017 & 2019). I wonder if it can close the gap with SC #4 more significantly similar to what we have seen with AF #15 and Hulk #1 so there are the big two DC SA keys, instead of just one?

I agree. I think BB28 will pass SC4. But will be interesting to watch.

I agree. I think BB28 will pass SC4. But will be interesting to watch.

I, on the other hand, do not think BB28 will surpass SC4. It might close the gap between the two books in terms of value when the movie gets closer, but I think SC4 will be priced higher at the same time. SC4 has a few things going for it to make it the top SA DC book. First, it was the book that started the SA era. Second, it is the first appearance of a major superhero. Third, it is rare to find this book in any grade than BB28. These are some if not all the factors BB28 lack. It is like saying AV1 will surpass AF15, Hulk 1, TOS39, JIM83, etc. which I don't think it will also.