• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink November Auction

247 posts in this topic

I wish this was the case for the things I was eying.

The books I am looking at are already higher than what they could have been picked up for elsewhere. I have been busy and was going to snipe.

Example: Good luck on Magnus Robot Fighter 1... an 8.0 OW Old Label sold on eBay for $325 on 11/8. The one in the ComicLink Auction is sitting at $382.

My only complaint was that things locked up for me when I went to bid on Batman 18. That book went for a great price and I wanted to place a bid in the end but things went frozen.

I wish this was the case for the things I was eying.

The books I am looking at are already higher than what they could have been picked up for elsewhere. I have been busy and was going to snipe.

Example: Good luck on Magnus Robot Fighter 1... an 8.0 OW Old Label sold on eBay for $325 on 11/8. The one in the ComicLink Auction is sitting at $382.

My only complaint was that things locked up for me when I went to bid on Batman 18. That book went for a great price and I wanted to place a bid in the end but things went frozen.

I also had some issues with placing late bids. Maybe Internet volume was up due to online shopping. Never had this problem before with C Link.

I've found November auctions to be seasonally slow and have for the past few years for whatever reason. I believe I've said the same thing for the past few Novembers.

lol

This is 100% true. However, it does seem that this auction's prices are stronger then those of the past 3-4 years. At least as far as the GA books I was chasing; have only won SA books so far.

I've found November auctions to be seasonally slow and have for the past few years for whatever reason. I believe I've said the same thing for the past few Novembers.

lol

This is 100% true. However, it does seem that this auction's prices are stronger then those of the past 3-4 years. At least as far as the GA books I was chasing; have only won SA books so far.

Seems like everyone has had different experiences and no one anecdote is enough to give us a definite trend

lol

Seems like everyone has had different experiences and no one anecdote is enough to give us a definite trend

Historically, November/December have been my best two months of the year for buying. This year hasn't been too different so far. Just too many great books and not enough buyers out there. I actually go out of my way to build a war chest for this time of the year, as you just never know what great book will fall into your lap.

lol

I'd agree with this assessment though. I was only after GA, and nearly all of the stuff I was looking at went for above GPA. The high grade Silver Age books (mainly Marvel) look to be trending downwards - not all of them by any means, but many, nevertheless.

A 9.4 Daredevil 1 sold for under 10K. $9750 to be exact. WTF? In June 2011 someone paid almost 25K for a 9.4. The 12 month GPA is 14K. The last recorded sale on Nov 15 was $11,950. Someone got a bargain. Or DD 1 is dropping like a rock. We'll see.

Thats a very pertinent question - I have been hanging on and hanging on...but the decrease isn't ending.

I know the two films DD and Elektra were terrible but that shouldn't have prompted a downward cycle that,well shows no signs of stopping.

6.0 for under 1k?

I mean this is Daredevil, sure,not everyones fave hero but there should be more love than this.

12 months ago, most people would have pawned granny to get a DD #1 9.4 for under 15k, let alone 10K.

I think I'm still going to wait,but it is my #1 target as a bounceback must come sooner or later.

Thoughts?

I was the underbidder on the All-Star 8 6.0, and it went for more than guide. I was hoping this auction would fall off everyone's radar and I'd get a good shot at a grail book, but it wasn't meant to be.

A rare key, and I mean rare as it makes Walking Dead #1 look like a common.

The speculation of a new Wonder Woman movie has people starting to refocus their look at it.

Yeah, those ASM between 60-90 in 9.4 and 9.6 went for about what I usually see them going for on eBay... And I wasn't even bidding on them or offering competition and driving the price up. I saw a lot of strength in this auction in many areas.

At this point any upgrades I get have got to be at an exceptional deal.

A 9.4 Daredevil 1 sold for under 10K. $9750 to be exact. WTF? In June 2011 someone paid almost 25K for a 9.4. The 12 month GPA is 14K. The last recorded sale on Nov 15 was $11,950. Someone got a bargain. Or DD 1 is dropping like a rock. We'll see.

Thats a very pertinent question - I have been hanging on and hanging on...but the decrease isn't ending.

I know the two films DD and Elektra were terrible but that shouldn't have prompted a downward cycle that,well shows no signs of stopping.

6.0 for under 1k?

I mean this is Daredevil, sure,not everyones fave hero but there should be more love than this.

12 months ago, most people would have pawned granny to get a DD #1 9.4 for under 15k, let alone 10K.

I think I'm still going to wait,but it is my #1 target as a bounceback must come sooner or later.

Thoughts?

With no Daredevil movie on the horizon at least until 2016 this is why.

I hate to say it,but upcoming Hollywood movies are the main factor for high and quick sales.

It shouldn`t be that way, but it is.

It should be more about the importance of the comic book itself,and not tied into any Hollywood hype.

lol

GPA tracks dollar sold, would be nice if we could graph that over a year's time. Heritage might be a venue that might be able to give us some data (their web site has just about everything I would want as a collector).