• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel 2-in-1: The Best Paired-up Marvel Series ever??

50 posts in this topic

More refreshing and superior to that of Marvel Team Up in my personal opinion, M2I1 -each and every issue was an anticipation waiting to be unfolded in the coming months, the sense of expectancy much higher than in MTU. And yet, most of the 2-in-1s today are still very undervalued (MTU i can understand) , as are typical of many great 70s-80s series. Understandably, bronze age bks were printed in the hundred thousands, at a time where production was more than it ever was during the Silver Age. But they have this special artistic grandeur and finesse appeal that silver age books often lack, and M2i1 is a good example of what makes a Bronze age book so good!.

This is why Baskins Robbins makes 31 flavors.

I thought Marvel 2in1 was one of the worst mainstream titles of the BA. The book started out well when it took over Marvel Feature, but faded fast.

I'm glad you are a fan, bu can't agree with you.

I thought Team-Up was better but still enjoyed 2-in-1, especially the earlier issues.

I haven't read any issues of either title in decades so don't know how well they would hold up now.

Very patchy like MTU, but some good issues up to and including the Project Pegasus storyline. After that I lost interest in it quickly.

There's also the masterpiece MTIO Annual 2, one of the best comic books of the BA.

MTU was better. As I kid I subscribed to Two In One though, as I liked Thing and Hulk more than Spidey.

Maybe they should've stuck with calling it "Two On One" as on the first issue. I kind of like sense of an unfair fight.

50 was indeed a very good issue.

Didn't marvel kill it off, and then right away start The Thing in his own mag? I think that died off soon too.

Always liked the series. Issue #20 is the first comic I remember.

Project Pegasus was great but there wasn't many memorable issues in the whole run.

Easy to find the entire run for pennies though.

The Thing series ran to #36 - I probably enjoyed that more to be fair.

If the choices are only Marvel Two In One and Marvel Team Up, I think no one wins. Well, the fans surely didn't.

MTU was incredibly hit or miss. Not a single issue stands out from my childhood, so maybe more miss. The Luke Cage issue with the Byrne art was some good eye candy.

Never read a lot of MTIO. Impressed me about the same as MTU.

Being a Spider-man fan from way back, I always preferred MTU. Always found it a curious choice to give the Thing his own team up book.

Both series were hit and miss. That's not unusual for a series that by its very nature is going to have multiple writers and artists as well as guest stars that may be of limited appeal. Brother Voodoo? Modred the Mystic? Nighthawk? :eyeroll:

Being a Spider-man fan from way back, I always preferred MTU. Always found it a curious choice to give the Thing his own team up book.

Both series were hit and miss. That's not unusual for a series that by its very nature is going to have multiple writers and artists as well as guest stars that may be of limited appeal. Brother Voodoo? Modred the Mystic? Nighthawk? :eyeroll:

Gotta admit its my own childhood nostalgic prejudice for the series, as a spiderman fan for so many decades until the 90s when Marvel killed off Ben Reilly/scarlet spider (supposedly the true spidey that i took to), guess its a case of spiderman overdose, the last thing i would like to see in a pair-up bk.

Speaking of Modred the msytic , broth voodoo, Morbius and what have you not lesserknown but still very colorful characters that spiced up the covers, lending greater sense of thrilling wonder in the mighty marvel manner, and what's more you got Joe Sinnott art on lots of and best of all Ron Wilson, the best artist for 2-in-1. The spidey team up bks tends to be too predictable for my acquired taste today.

Loved this series as a kid - I remember it was being used to sew up a lot of loose ends in the MU, like Skull the Slayer, Deathlok, the Golem, Scarecrow, plus everyone's favorite Project Pegasus...

#50, the Byrne written/drawn issue where Ben goes back in time to save himself is a classic.

Ron Wilson started strong, then got really hacky really quickly. I remember the editor basically apologizing for his rushed art in the Ben/Alicia/Spider-Woman issues.