• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Draft- Captains come and pick

934 posts in this topic

I have to agree though Red...there should be no mystery players....If you can't reveal your identity then you shouldn't play the game...

Who's to say your mystery player isn't Sborock himself.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Regardless of whether you think it's fun or not. There shouldn't be any mystery players. That just opens a whole can of worms down the line. You need to play by the same rules we all do. There should be no special favors just because you make pretty little pictures with your computer, as funny as they are.

Otherwise we should just re-draft the whole thing based on these last minute changes to the teams.

Wow, DL, what got up your butt tonight?

what makes you think you can alter the rules to suit your own needs? As I said, either you play by the same rules as the rest of us, which means disclosing your team members or we need to re-draft the teams to be fair.

I have to agree though Red...there should be no mystery players....If you can't reveal your identity then you shouldn't play the game...

Who's to say your mystery player isn't Sborock himself.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The judges wouldn't allow it. They know who it is, and they can confirm it's not a BSD, it's not me, and it's not someone who offers any particular grading advantages.

Regardless of whether you think it's fun or not. There shouldn't be any mystery players. That just opens a whole can of worms down the line. You need to play by the same rules we all do. There should be no special favors just because you make pretty little pictures with your computer, as funny as they are.

Otherwise we should just re-draft the whole thing based on these last minute changes to the teams.

Wow, DL, what got up your butt tonight?

what makes you think you can alter the rules to suit your own needs? As I said, either you play by the same rules as the rest of us, which means disclosing your team members or we need to re-draft the teams to be fair.

Okay, let's re-draft. sumo.gif

Why should my team be penalized because someone decided at the last minute to bail?

I don't think it's a matter of being penalized..rather it's a matter of full disclosure in a community spirit....

Why does your mystery player want to remain anonymous anyway???...

Why should my team be penalized because someone decided at the last minute to bail? I'm claiming extenuating circumstances. And your avatar suks DL.
How is your team being penalized? We all had to abide by the draft rules that UV kept changing. We had to choose from the available pool of players. We weren't allowed to pick whomever we wanted for our teams. In terms of honesty, mystery players looks very shady, kinda like a comic-keys auction.

Because it's someone who's had a calamitous recent history on the boards, and who Zeman and I were originally planning on drafting but it didn't work out.

Overall I don't care one way or the other. But I do think that anyone participating in the board game should be a board member who plans to be on the boards and participate not just in the game but in the boards themselves.

Fine, guys. I will take the next orphan that UV assigns to my team.

And a note to Deathlok: Dude, if your sig line reflects what you got out of all the [!@#%^&^] that went down last week, then you are even denser than I thought.

Awww...what happened to the funny redhook? Bring him back, he was much funner.

Death, you don't want to really get started with me, or you'll spend the next week trying to extract your Uru hammer from your [!@#%^&^]. Was that funny enough?