• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Draft- Captains come and pick

934 posts in this topic

BB,

Just to let you know, I did go after Shiver and BOC because they had also expressed an interest in being in the competition. However, before I asked them, I figured I had to secure a fourth member first.

So actually, the first member of my team was Paradise_comics. The reasons that it took so long to tell everyone were: that BOC took some time to decide he wanted to be in it; and there was about a week where UV was on vacation and I wanted to make sure he was OK with the team before I announced it.

The team was actually formed almost 2 weeks ago. I was just waiting for UV to give me permission to join.

Alex

I apologize for causing such a ruckus.....and also to deathlok for it being late in the evening and me being way too cranky. I also completely forgot all the cool prizes at stake, so yeah, I shouldn't have been so casually assuming about the rules. I really underestimated the reaction.

Team FEAR is happy to welcome Eddly.

TEAM F-E-A-R.......be afraid.......be very afraid.

ok, my irish temper often gets me into trouble, so here it goes;

i consider Red one of my board buddies but disagreed with the mystery man concept. i realize it's over and am glad all is back to normal and the flaming has ceased.

BUT, here's my problem with Team 17 (just for the record as i propose no changes). the members on this team were all johnny-come-latelys to the party (for whatever reason).

up to a point i could accept the idea of them not being subject to the draft as that was now clearly impractical and UV allowed it. (it is his/Nikos contest after all).

so, UV suggested Shiverbones and Aces mentions BOC may be available (and then AlexH admitted that he was going to "go" after those two anyway.) and then 10 minutes after UV gives his approval for a team and insists on shiver, blutobc comes on and asks in and is ignored for well over a week, while Team 17 goes after a handpicked 4th member. 12 days later we see the name Paradisecomics for the first time.

so, registering late actually proved to be a bonus as none of the 4 players on the team were subject to being drafted elsewhere and there likely are no rookies (as there are on any number of other teams.) don't see how this was Fair (IMO). i think this is actually what deathlock was referring to when he cautioned against a "lopsided" team.

ok, Rant over................. sumo.gif let the contest begin devil.gif

I gave AlexH freedom to pick his own team, i said i would do nothing, and he found four players which was the requirement, so he was free to pick anyone he wanted to.

i understand and it's your game.

BUT, what makes sense about 16 teams (who signed up on-time) being subject to drafting a restricted pool of players and then the "johnny-come-latelys" get to choose their own handpicked team??? (while one potential player gets ignored and sits and waits for someone to drop out).

again, i don't expect anything to be done, but i wasn't going to sit by and be quiet since this was NOT fair (IMO). having said that again, thanks for putting this all together and I look forward to participating................. grin.gif

For the record...I wanted to start this team so I could add people who wanted to be in the competition in the first place but weren't able to get in. Had BOC or Shiver, or PC decided they didn't want in, I would have had to find a different 4th. At the time I only knew of these 3 wanting to be in the competition (unfortunitely I didn't see Eddly, or he would have been asked).

The other member that is now on the "bench" was not available at the time I was putting together this team. There is no conspiriacy here, really. We just want to have fun. flowerred.gif

I apologize for causing such a ruckus.....and also to deathlok for it being late in the evening and me being way too cranky. I also completely forgot all the cool prizes at stake, so yeah, I shouldn't have been so casually assuming about the rules. I really underestimated the reaction.

i consider Red one of my board buddies but disagreed with the mystery man concept. i realize it's over and am glad all is back to normal and the flaming has ceased.

BUT, here's my problem with Team 17 (just for the record as i propose no changes). the members on this team were all johnny-come-latelys to the party (for whatever reason).

up to a point i could accept the idea of them not being subject to the draft as that was now clearly impractical and UV allowed it. (it is his/Nikos contest after all).

so, UV suggested Shiverbones and Aces mentions BOC may be available (and then AlexH admitted that he was going to "go" after those two anyway.) and then 10 minutes after UV gives his approval for a team and insists on shiver, blutobc comes on and asks in and is ignored for well over a week, while Team 17 goes after a handpicked 4th member. 12 days later we see the name Paradisecomics for the first time.

so, registering late actually proved to be a bonus as none of the 4 players on the team were subject to being drafted elsewhere and there likely are no rookies (as there are on any number of other teams.) don't see how this was Fair (IMO). i think this is actually what deathlock was referring to when he cautioned against a "lopsided" team.

I gave AlexH freedom to pick his own team, i said i would do nothing, and he found four players which was the requirement, so he was free to pick anyone he wanted to.

BUT, what makes sense about 16 teams (who signed up on-time) being subject to drafting a restricted pool of players and then the "johnny-come-latelys" get to choose their own handpicked team??? (while one potential player gets ignored and sits and waits for someone to drop out).

again, i don't expect anything to be done, but i wasn't going to sit by and be quiet since this was NOT fair (IMO). having said that again, thanks for putting this all together and I look forward to participating................. grin.gif

For the record...I wanted to start this team so I could add people who wanted to be in the competition in the first place but weren't able to get in. Had BOC or Shiver, or PC decided they didn't want in, I would have had to find a different 4th. At the time I only knew of these 3 wanting to be in the competition (unfortunitely I didn't see Eddly, or he would have been asked).

The other member that is now on the "bench" was not available at the time I was putting together this team. There is no conspiriacy here, really. We just want to have fun. flowerred.gif

There are no bench players confused.gif

Uhh, good! Uhh, I knew that, err, yeah, I know what I'm talking about. flamed.gif

Uhh, good! Uhh, I knew that, err, yeah, I know what I'm talking about. flamed.gif

893blahblah.gif

I am glad this is finally over cloud9.gif

893blahblah.gif

sleeping.gif

893blahblah.gif

sleeping.gif
893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I still haven't shill....i mean bid on your auctions shy.gif

MK, have I fixed everything ok? Excuse my while I go press my pleats. hi.gif

lol I'm just glad we weren't granting your team ANOTHER exemption from the rules, Squeaky Wheel!

Will you go put some damn pants on! Or ask Lucy Bop if you can borrow one of her poodle skirts.

MK, have I fixed everything ok? Excuse my while I go press my pleats. hi.gif

27_laughing.gif I'm just glad we weren't granting your team ANOTHER exemption from the rules, Squeaky Wheel!

Will you go put some damn pants on! Or ask Lucy Bop if you can borrow one of her poodle skirts.

*sigh*... Now I see what 'lok was talking about with your baggin' skills. confused-smiley-013.gif

For me, this is like a wheelchair race against a one-armed parapalegic.

"up to a point i could accept the idea of them not being subject to the draft as that was now clearly impractical and UV allowed it. (it is his/Nikos contest after all).

so, UV suggested Shiverbones and Aces mentions BOC may be available (and then AlexH admitted that he was going to "go" after those two anyway.) and then 10 minutes after UV gives his approval for a team and insists on shiver, blutobc comes on and asks in and is ignored for well over a week, while Team 17 goes after a handpicked 4th member. 12 days later we see the name Paradisecomics for the first time"

Eh, no big deal on my part. I'm relatively new on the grading forum and didn't mind giving way to long timers Shiverbones and BOC. At one point UV did say that he wasn't going to help teams pickup any replacements...so at that time AlexH had a full go-ahead in finding his 4th guy.

Wasn't crazy about the mystery guy idea and Eddly could be renamed "ping pong" by now with the yes he is, no he isn't. Sounds like he has been a sport.

It looks like it is all working out and I have received a warm welcome by Osborne_France(no kisses on the cheek though grin.gif). Glad everything got smoothed out.

What a cluster [!@#%^&^] this has become.

I would quit this damn contest if I wasn't on such a killer squad. tongue.gif

A cluster [!@#%^&^] indeed, dear teammate... devil.gif

We stand, hale and hearty, while our foes lie in broken, bloodied heaps around us. It is over before it has begun. The sweet, sweet prizes are ours for the taking.

Contest? Who said anything about a contest?

This has been a carefully-crafted on-line psychological stress experiment. We're done now! acclaim.gif

What? Didn't you sign your human subjects consent form? foreheadslap.gif

Contest? Who said anything about a contest?

This has been a carefully-crafted on-line psychological stress experiment. We're done now! acclaim.gif

What? Didn't you sign your human subjects consent form? foreheadslap.gif

I'm married, I've already had my lobotomy. shocked.gif