• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Draft- Captains come and pick

934 posts in this topic

Wow! Two of my favorite posters goin' at it!?! popcorn.gifgossip.gifforeheadslap.gif

And what a sissified slap-fest it is!

At least Pollyanna is finally hiking up his skirt instead of standing on the sidelines crying: "Can't we all just get along?!?!"

893applaud-thumb.gif

Oh, and all this "mystery player" nonsense?

'Hook, tell your boy to sack up and identify himself or just go home. I don't care how tumultuous his past is here on the boards... them's the rules. They're in place for EVERYONE.

What a ridiculous diaper-load of drama this thread is.

When I started reading this 50+ posts and 3 pages ago I was thinking... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe we can let Red have a mystery player but with the stipulation that if the team finishes in the money (wins something), he/she must be revealed.

Sort of like the Lotto.

You can play anonymously, but if you win big money your name is made public to prove there was no shenanigans.

I guess that bridge was burned before I got to it... frown.gif

I never expected this whle thing to explode in my face, i know who the mystery player is and he is a long time board member who wants to remain anonymous.

If you want to take eddly Red just to settle this arguement then it is fine with me.

I don't know whether the person wants to be named but i can confirm that it is not a BSD, a CGC grader or anything else like that.

I never expected this whle thing to explode in my face, i know who the mystery player is and he is a long time board member who wants to remain anonymous.

If you want to take eddly Red just to settle this arguement then it is fine with me.

I don't know whether the person wants to be named but i can confirm that it is not a BSD, a CGC grader or anything else like that.

It's obvious who the mystery player is. RH basically said it in his earlier post.

Did I mention that I went to UC Berkeley? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's obvious who the mystery player is. RH basically said it in his earlier post.

Did I mention that I went to UC Berkeley? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

Is this corrrect?

572605-GRADINGTEAMS.jpg

This is final then, i talked to Red and he agreed to settle it and take who i gave him, so eddly is now a part of team FEAR.

The person will remain anonymous unless Brad wants to name him, i will be suprised if you haven't guessed yet confused-smiley-013.gif

I apologize for causing such a ruckus.....and also to deathlok for it being late in the evening and me being way too cranky. I also completely forgot all the cool prizes at stake, so yeah, I shouldn't have been so casually assuming about the rules. I really underestimated the reaction.

Team FEAR is happy to welcome Eddly.

TEAM F-E-A-R.......be afraid.......be very afraid.

I would also like to apologize to redhook for being an A-hole to him. He didn't deserve it, as he was only trying to help out be nice to someone else. He caught the flak for it.

Can we get this game started yet? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I apologize for causing such a ruckus.....and also to deathlok for it being late in the evening and me being way too cranky. I also completely forgot all the cool prizes at stake, so yeah, I shouldn't have been so casually assuming about the rules. I really underestimated the reaction.

ok, my irish temper often gets me into trouble, so here it goes;

i consider Red one of my board buddies but disagreed with the mystery man concept. i realize it's over and am glad all is back to normal and the flaming has ceased.

BUT, here's my problem with Team 17 (just for the record as i propose no changes). the members on this team were all johnny-come-latelys to the party (for whatever reason).

up to a point i could accept the idea of them not being subject to the draft as that was now clearly impractical and UV allowed it. (it is his/Nikos contest after all).

so, UV suggested Shiverbones and Aces mentions BOC may be available (and then AlexH admitted that he was going to "go" after those two anyway.) and then 10 minutes after UV gives his approval for a team and insists on shiver, blutobc comes on and asks in and is ignored for well over a week, while Team 17 goes after a handpicked 4th member. 12 days later we see the name Paradisecomics for the first time.

so, registering late actually proved to be a bonus as none of the 4 players on the team were subject to being drafted elsewhere and there likely are no rookies (as there are on any number of other teams.) don't see how this was Fair (IMO). i think this is actually what deathlock was referring to when he cautioned against a "lopsided" team.

ok, Rant over................. sumo.gif let the contest begin devil.gif

i consider Red one of my board buddies but disagreed with the mystery man concept. i realize it's over and am glad all is back to normal and the flaming has ceased.

BUT, here's my problem with Team 17 (just for the record as i propose no changes). the members on this team were all johnny-come-latelys to the party (for whatever reason).

up to a point i could accept the idea of them not being subject to the draft as that was now clearly impractical and UV allowed it. (it is his/Nikos contest after all).

so, UV suggested Shiverbones and Aces mentions BOC may be available (and then AlexH admitted that he was going to "go" after those two anyway.) and then 10 minutes after UV gives his approval for a team and insists on shiver, blutobc comes on and asks in and is ignored for well over a week, while Team 17 goes after a handpicked 4th member. 12 days later we see the name Paradisecomics for the first time.

so, registering late actually proved to be a bonus as none of the 4 players on the team were subject to being drafted elsewhere and there likely are no rookies (as there are on any number of other teams.) don't see how this was Fair (IMO). i think this is actually what deathlock was referring to when he cautioned against a "lopsided" team.

I gave AlexH freedom to pick his own team, i said i would do nothing, and he found four players which was the requirement, so he was free to pick anyone he wanted to.

I gave AlexH freedom to pick his own team, i said i would do nothing, and he found four players which was the requirement, so he was free to pick anyone he wanted to.

i understand and it's your game.

BUT, what makes sense about 16 teams (who signed up on-time) being subject to drafting a restricted pool of players and then the "johnny-come-latelys" get to choose their own handpicked team??? (while one potential player gets ignored and sits and waits for someone to drop out).

again, i don't expect anything to be done, but i wasn't going to sit by and be quiet since this was NOT fair (IMO). having said that again, thanks for putting this all together and I look forward to participating................. grin.gif