• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,732 posts in this topic

WADR, I disagree for two reasons. First, and foremost I really don't care what others think of me. I am confident in who I am and what I do. Second, the book has sold already. (It's not like I have a stack of these to pump and dump.) I am just sharing what I think, is useful market information.

;)

Helps to see a book with more than one bidder IMHO

His auctions are generally more like BIN store items although i see they sometimes get bid up beyond the initial ask. He is willing to wait to get the price he wants. It's a business model.

WADR, I disagree for two reasons. First, and foremost I really don't care what others think of me. I am confident in who I am and what I do. Second, the book has sold already. (It's not like I have a stack of these to pump and dump.) I am just sharing what I think, is useful market information.

;)

Helps to see a book with more than one bidder IMHO

I price them for one bid, discounted from the BIN. I don't need to sell a book. The buyer wants to buy it. That way I avoid flippers and get the price I feel that the book is worth.

His auctions are generally more like BIN store items although i see they sometimes get bid up beyond the initial ask. He is willing to wait to get the price he wants. It's a business model.

(thumbs u I think it's funny when I raise the price and the book sells. Best price is not always the buyer's motivation. More often, it's the right place at the right time.

;)

While this is generally a good thing (not caring about others' impressions) it can also be a bad thing, even if one is confident in his own things.

I am not saying this related to comics selling, rather in general, as I believe it is often erroneously felt as a solely positive thing, while it isn’t as it depends on many factors. :shrug:

As for the sales, I entirely agree with you: sometimes I have sold when I raised the price (here, on eBay I do not sell)… :D

(thumbs u I think it's funny when I raise the price and the book sells. Best price is not always the buyer's motivation. More often, it's the right place at the right time.

Which makes it essentially useless information for anybody looking at the market, just like if I find a Hulk 181 for $10, or manage to sell a Darkhawk 1 CGC 5.5 for $1000.

Which makes it essentially useless information for anybody looking at the market, just like if I find a Hulk 181 for $10, or manage to sell a Darkhawk 1 CGC 5.5 for $1000.

I generally find your comments to be "essentially useless" as well. :grin:

I generally find your comments to be "essentially useless" as well. :grin:

Your ridiculous internet personality aside, he's right.