• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,732 posts in this topic

Blob, usually the common ones are in the earlier issues. They start getting tough to find around issue 9 and up to 22.

So I should feel lucky that I have a DCCP #12 Whitman variant? I also have two #2s and a #3. The Action Comics, Brave and Bold, Superboy and Superman Whitman variants have been the easiest for me to find so far.

i just picked up a #16 whitman, it isn't in great shape, sure. can i retire now?

Is Iron Man 54 still picking up steam?

I hope so... still got mine, despite my best efforts.

Like the early direct issues, I think with some of these whitman issues you mainly have a better shot at getting guide on them than the regular issues that sell for a buck. So that midgrade copy may fetch you $3 or something.

Not just DC Comics Presents. Warlord 22, Sgt Rock 329, Legion of Superheroes 264, Batman 324, Superman 348, New Adventures of Superboy 6, Justice League of America 179, Action Comics 508 and Flash 286. All tough to find and often sell way over guide

Had no problem letting a Warlord 22 go to variant hoarder earlier this year. I knew it was a tough find, but I thought by now supply at pumped out a few more, but I guess not still have only found one copy of it in the wild.

Currently chasing the Sgt Rock for fun because its a nightmare to find.

Edited by Fastballspecial

For the 16? Doubt it, I say 30

you think a midgrade copy of #16 may get $30?

i'd be very happy with that. would pay for the terrible papa john's delivery at 1 a.m last night after we got back from new orleans and were starving. papa john's is the only place open for delivery that late around here and i wasn't cooking after 6 hours of airports and flying with two monsters in tow.

my out of my re*ar $3 figure is more about the more common whitmans. of course, i have no idea which are which. there is no #16 whitman currently for sale on ebay or among the completed auctions, so i figure it is not very common.

i'll put it up for auction at $24.99 with free shipping and see how it works out.

Is Iron Man 54 still picking up steam?

Why is there interest in this issue? Got this in a large group of IRON MAN comics years

ago at an auction. (Total of 20 books...a couple of doubles)

<a  href=https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3891/15143754541_05feeac995_z.jpg' alt='15143754541_05feeac995_z.jpg'>IMG IRON MAN #54

mm

Edited by Marty Mann