• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,732 posts in this topic

His 2d app is not bigly expensive, at least raw, and I don't think the third is,ar all, so it's not inconceivable. Don't think we are comparing it to iron fist 14.

Yeah... I was talking about Power Man 66 and 84. I've been seeing them on local dealer walls for a little while for good money. A spin through eBay proves that the local dealers are a bunch of hosers. Carry on!

Saw a GS Defenders in 9.4 sell for over $300 on ebay a couple of weeks ago which was impressive although this will seem cheap when KORVAC eventually turns up in a Marvel movie.

Didn't realize it sold for that much in that grade, thanks! (thumbs u

I will say, I don't really think Korvac being in a movie will bump it that much. It's not a household name and at this point, I think a lot of people are done chasing movie characters for big money.

Have anyone else been tracking Star Wars keys?

Some of these are really percolating. Folks usually know about the #1 but 2, 41, 42, 43, 68 & 107 are doing well. What I find most curious is what happened to issue #49 in the past week. It went from a common to a $35-50 book.

I have always believed these were going to kick into a new stratosphere.

Some of these are really percolating. Folks usually know about the #1 but 2, 41, 42, 43, 68 & 107 are doing well. What I find most curious is what happened to issue #49 in the past week. It went from a common to a $35-50 book.

You know why though, correct? And have you read the story?

I know about the "Last Jedi" title of the new movie and #49 but I don't remember the storyline. I will read it today. When in doubt, read!

This huge price increase does not make alot of sense but it shows how hype can cause a massive shift. The only thing missing from the Star Wars book was hype and the upcoming movie per year schedule is sure going to deliver that. I am buying all Star Wars whenever they are reasonable.

I know about the "Last Jedi" title of the new movie and #49 but I don't remember the storyline. I will read it today. When in doubt, read!

This huge price increase does not make alot of sense but it shows how hype can cause a massive shift. The only thing missing from the Star Wars book was hype and the upcoming movie per year schedule is sure going to deliver that. I am buying all Star Wars whenever they are reasonable.

Right, weird standalone story, IMO.

Right, weird standalone story, IMO.

I read it when it first came out, and always thought it was a great story... haven't looked at it in 30 years, though.

This is a not so under the radar pick. Marvel Spotlight #6 Vol 2. First Star-Lord in comic books. I loved this one a few years back and touted this on the boards as a better pickup than Rocket Racoon. I got a little skewered on that pick but I kept on picking up copies on the cheap.

MS #6 is a hard book to find in high grade and only two CGC 9.8s are available on Ebay and they are going for $600+. I always track the 9.8's and they don't pop up often. Low and medium grade copies are still affordable and undervalued but high grade not so much. I expect prices to rise as GOTG 2 comes closer and Star-Lord is expected to be a key figure in Avengers Infinity Parts 1 & 2.

Good find, looks like a bidding war/battle of ego behind that one, guy even used a stock photo. Or perhaps they've bought vf/nm from him before that arrived 9.6? I know he's a v.good seller, just don't recall that he's a big undergrader (he might be).

Good find, looks like a bidding war/battle of ego behind that one, guy even used a stock photo. Or perhaps they've bought vf/nm from him before that arrived 9.6? I know he's a v.good seller, just don't recall that he's a big undergrader (he might be).

Two very low feedback bidders bidding up a non-key, not in demand book sounds a little fishy to me. Not sure what the angle is but it ain't a good one. Book is worth about $5 and can be had for less.

Two very low feedback bidders bidding up a non-key, not in demand book sounds a little fishy to me. Not sure what the angle is but it ain't a good one. Book is worth about $5 and can be had for less.

Looks pretty sketchy to me . . . :P

Also seller states they have the book in high quantity (along with hundreds of other dealers) so why on earth would you bid it up?

Also seller states they have the book in high quantity (along with hundreds of other dealers) so why on earth would you bid it up?

I'm not a dealer, and I had like at least five copies of this book BY ACCIDENT like 10 years ago. I've given them away since....