• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

If only MCS could somehow make it clear that it is a consignment, and the pricing is not MCS pricing.

Like. Writing the word CONSIGNMENT in the description.

Or.

Making it bright yellow. That would probably work.

People are amazing.

Did I miss something lately for hero for hire #1 or is just still climbing from the Netflix heat? They're selling well and are really overpriced on MCS,

Same with #1 and #48. All are overpriced consignments trying to cash in on the OVERhype.

There is no such thing as overhype and overpriced for HG HFH #1 . . . IT is THE key book of the BA (way better than IH 181) :devil:

I did not even know they announced a TV show. All about Luke Cage?

Nov. 2013 :insane:

http://screenrant.com/marvel-netflix-deal-tv-shows-daredevil-luke-cage-iron-fist-jessica-jones/

Ah, I know these, but I thought they would use Luke Cage in this Defenders, did not recall he was supposed to have a telefilm of his own.

That's a tough call. I think #10 would be my favourite with Thanos and Magus in the background.

The Captain Marvel covers are interesting in that there are some great ones, and some terrible ones. #26 and #28 are pretty terrible. #33 and #31 are the standouts for me.

Hmm...I might have to crack these out again and re-read them :)

Just on covers 178 is my favorite but do yourself a favor and line up warlock 9, 10, 11 and 15 right next to each other and try to pick a favorite. And than go and read them. Great art and great story and one amazing run.

My favorite bronze age book. It is incredibly tough to find in high grade. This book will explode at some point. I sold a 7.0 for over $500 not long ago.

Did I miss something lately for hero for hire #1 or is just still climbing from the Netflix heat? They're selling well and are really overpriced on MCS,

Same with #1 and #48. All are overpriced consignments trying to cash in on the OVERhype.

There is no such thing as overhype and overpriced for HG HFH #1 . . . IT is THE key book of the BA (way better than IH 181) :devil:

FF1 - horrible

How you see the cover to FF#1 as "horrible" is beyond me. It’s a very nice composition, balanced and intriguing and it doesn’t let the reader imagine in full what lies within – he would expect a "classic monster story" while here we have what would have given a new meaning to the word "superhero". ;)

Has it ever been explained why Mr. Fantastic had to f*** about with ropes when a monster was attacking? Was the the monster's first salvo?

FF1 - horrible

How you see the cover to FF#1 as "horrible" is beyond me. It’s a very nice composition, balanced and intriguing and it doesn’t let the reader imagine in full what lies within – he would expect a "classic monster story" while here we have what would have given a new meaning to the word "superhero". ;)

Has it ever been explained why Mr. Fantastic had to f*** about with ropes when a monster was attacking? Was the the monster's first salvo?

Yeah, I think they explained it in a retcon: apparently the monster has an S&M fetish. Subsequent attacks were with whips and leather masks with zippers.

Surprisingly Marvel Premiere #47 9.4 is still doing well. @ $113 & 27 watchers. Me thinks the Rotten Tomatoes 92% fan review may have something to do with that. hm

Savage She-Hulk #1 9.8 continues to rise. A comic basically ignored 2 or 3 years ago is now one of the hottest Bronze Age comics out there today. @ $152 & 28 watchers.

Love it or hate it, the Hulk #180 babbles has garnered a lot of interest on eBay. A 5.5 copy @ $71 & 45 watchers just floors me.

And the latest Daredevil trend? How about #158 9.8 @ $400 & 15 bids!!! :o Nuff said! .

Seems cheap for a mid grade hulk 180? I'd expect that to close at $200 raw.

There is still a couple of days left on the auction and with all the watchers I'm sure it will rise in price. The number or watchers is impressive.