• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Enough of this signature karp, let's get back to Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay . . . :grin:

DC Comics Presents 2

Second that.

I've decided not to sell anymore of my DC Comics Presents copies since you never know which one will take off

that title used to be total quarter box fodder (even #1) and now....

Why is DC Presents #2 taking off?

It's not. That's why the good looking copy from another seller that's described as higher grade (9.2) and $2 cheaper than divad's sale is still sitting unsold.

Enough of this signature karp, let's get back to Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay . . . :grin:

DC Comics Presents 2

Second that.

I've decided not to sell anymore of my DC Comics Presents copies since you never know which one will take off

that title used to be total quarter box fodder (even #1) and now....

this is one of the titles I bought and read as a kid, so I had about 50 or so of them already, so I decided to go ahead and complete the run, (1-97 plus 4 annuals) I currently need 6 issues, already have the big keys, I went to two LCS today and the first store thankfully had 2 issues I needed, but not many issues at all really,the next store I remember last summer had quite a few of them, but I could not find them in the store, so when I asked the owner about them, he said a dealer came and bought the whole long box, I know that there were no keys in the boxes, 26,27,47,49, cuz I picked them all out myself last summer, so maybe the title as a whole is getting more attention simply off the strength of the keys in the run.

blazin is here on the boards. has bought a lot of stuff from me. good for him. assuming the bidder pays, of course.

Yes, that sale was completed and the book has been shipped. It had 14-15 watchers on it. There are Wes Snipes rumors circling the Internet.

On a separate note, I sold a Micronauts #1 earlier today. It looks like there is some news out of San Diego. Although not on the level of a Blade 4, it still makes for an interesting talking point for fans of Micronauts and Rom.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/sdcc-idw-teases-micronauts-rom-projects

Not heating up, was always on my top 10 bronze fave books, I think this one closed nicely, and Im pretty sure it could sell for alot more:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261964010035?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&autorefresh=true

That does seem pretty low to me. It might be because it's a niche book and they listed it as an auction. Those that search for it might not have seen it that week. I would think a BIN could command some decent money.

Not heating up, was always on my top 10 bronze fave books, I think this one closed nicely, and Im pretty sure it could sell for alot more:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261964010035?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&autorefresh=true

That does seem pretty low to me. It might be because it's a niche book and they listed it as an auction. Those that search for it might not have seen it that week. I would think a BIN could command some decent money.

I have never seen that book before . . . :grin: Thanks!

But of course. And.. If you wanna die laughing now.. looks like the seller bought it HERE for almost double the price.

Wonder Twins are as retro camp as you get and Im sure they have a cult following. This book could probably sell for a grand to the right collector

Why would anyone be a sucker? There's something very intimate about someone's signature of their name. My mom just passed away in March, and every time I come across her writing on something, especially her signature, her life feels a little more real to me again. There's just something about her writing. It's just so...personal. It's clear evidence of her existence, very specific to her movements and thoughts when she was alive.

These artists hold a lot of meaning to fans. Having a copy of their (mass-produced) book is special in itself for the art that it is. But having their personal sig and/or sketch is something altogether different and again....personal....to add to one's collection.

(thumbs u