• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

This is a book that has yet to get its due. The Batman 227 of bronze Supes....and a bigger standout relative to the other Adams covers in the run.

This is a book that has yet to get its due. The Batman 227 of bronze Supes....and a bigger standout relative to the other Adams covers in the run.

+1

+1

one of the better Superman stories from the bronze age as well. love that book.

Amen. Plus, unlike Batman 227, this is a seminal issue in terms of plot and the long-term history of the character. Is there any Superman cover MORE iconic than this one?

DC Showcase #97 9.8 CGC (Power Girl)

Sold for $460.44

Don't' know why this book is hot right now. DC Showcase #98 is much scarcer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-SHOWCASE-97-CGC-9-8-WHITE-PAGES-HIGHEST-GRADED-FIRST-SOLO-POWER-GIRL-/181811589113?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=gG2xEe9pa3wiHf9d0GoaoPq8mvM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Justice League of America #137 9.8 CGC (Captain Marvel Vs. Superman)

Sold for $275

Back in 2011, I bought mine from a board member here for $250. At the time, I knew I over paid, but I really wanted the book. Now it's getting a lot of steam because DC announce the Captain Marvel film. And we (Probably just me) speculating that DC will put these iconic characters to fight one another.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JUSTICE-LEAGUE-OF-AMERICA-137-CGC-9-8-WHITE-PAGES-JLA-JSA-HIGHEST-GRADED-/181811628139?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=gG2xEe9pa3wiHf9d0GoaoPq8mvM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

"1st Solo Power Girl Comic." is probably where the hype is coming from. I wonder if the other one that's been on Ebay for a month or so will get snapped up now. I actually bid on this copy because it's a better presenting example than the other one, but it just seems that early Power Girl is hot. All-Star 58 is not showing up very often in high grade and when it does people are setting new records it seems.

Agreed. It's a pretty awesome cover.

Sold for $460.44

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-SHOWCASE-97-CGC-9-8-WHITE-PAGES-HIGHEST-GRADED-FIRST-SOLO-POWER-GIRL-/181811589113?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=gG2xEe9pa3wiHf9d0GoaoPq8mvM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Sold for $275

Back in 2011, I bought mine from a board member here for $250. At the time, I knew I over paid, but I really wanted the book. Now it's getting a lot of steam because DC announce the Captain Marvel film. And we (Probably just me) speculating that DC will put these iconic characters to fight one another.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JUSTICE-LEAGUE-OF-AMERICA-137-CGC-9-8-WHITE-PAGES-JLA-JSA-HIGHEST-GRADED-/181811628139?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=gG2xEe9pa3wiHf9d0GoaoPq8mvM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I don't find those Showcase Powergirl's that hard to find myself.

The Justice League on the other hand I think I have only found 1 in the past year and didn't want to pay what they were asking.

Raw's of course.

"1st Solo Power Girl Comic." is probably where the hype is coming from. I wonder if the other one that's been on Ebay for a month or so will get snapped up now. I actually bid on this copy because it's a better presenting example than the other one, but it just seems that early Power Girl is hot. All-Star 58 is not showing up very often in high grade and when it does people are setting new records it seems.

Come on comic world, AS 59 is the one to get, that's where her character REALLY starts developing! (Why is it that my collection includes so many mini-hoards of second appearances?)

Come on comic world, AS 59 is the one to get, that's where her character REALLY starts developing! (Why is it that my collection includes so many mini-hoards of second appearances?)

Are you from Chicago?

Sold for $460.44

Sold for $275

The Justice League on the other hand I think I have only found 1 in the past year and didn't want to pay what they were asking.

Raw's of course.

I could see a steadily increases on these books when coming closer to the movie premier of the Shazam film

Justice League of America #137

All-Star Squadron #36

DC Comics Presents #49

Sold for $460.44

Sold for $275

Raw's of course.

I agree that the Showcase books aren't hard to find raw. In grade though, they're scarce, and 98 especially.

"This Superman #233 seems like it ended pretty high to me... "

There's a great 1970s jigsaw puzzle of this cover that is nice sized and you can get it for $10-15. A lot of awesome Adams puzzles, including some Batman stuff he drew just "straight to puzzle" and a few taken from Batman 251.

Are you from Chicago?

-------

no, why?

Are you from Chicago?

-------

no, why?

2nd City