• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

As I've said before, there is no definitive start/end to Copper/Bronze.

As I've said before, no one cares what you think.

I have the feeling that's not really true.

(To the rest of you...why do you tolerate this?)

Eventually he will get another vacation. I just scroll on past.

Its hard to take someone seriously with posts like that. Credibility can be hard to keep when you irritate all those you are trying to a discussion with.

+1

This. Mad Dog Joe doesn't have too many admirers on here.

I think Joe and RMA bring some good info to the forum and I wouldn't put either of them on ignore, despite the strong personalities. :grin:

The difference is...and it's a biggie...I don't go around calling people names and insulting them because they disagree with me.

meh

:facepalm: A "pulpit bully" who wants to be a victim too . . . oy vey.

:facepalm: Just stop.

A couple of years ago I would agreed, but I think an honest attempt has been made to curtail that activity on that poster's part.

Its hard to take someone seriously with posts like that. Credibility can be hard to keep when you irritate all those you are trying to a discussion with.

+1

I don't mind JC at all. (shrug)

+1

Agreed. Like him or not, he's a contributing member of the community. There's a long line of posters I'd put on ignore before JC. :D

+1

Agreed. Like him or not, he's a contributing member of the community. There's a long line of posters I'd put on ignore before JC. :D

..... I heard someone put JC on ignore once but his posts are SO potent that they showed up anyway (shrug) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Confucius say" The poster you wish to ignore is the one from which you have the most to learn." :foryou:

Y'know, that's truer than you think . . . ;) Just make all of us at the time who were buying comics the "collective JC".

It does coincide with when I stopped buying off the stands but I attributed that more to a new job and life than the beginning of the Copper Age. Still the only comics I bought for the next decade were independents and the Gladstone line.

Nova #1 CGC 9.8 @ $425 & 36 watchers. Wow. Just wow. Glad I bought mine a few years back because Nova was a New Warriors member. :grin:

Amazing Spider-Man #194CGC 9.4 @ $188 & 42 watchers and its not even a Scott Campbell cover variant. :kidaround:

Amazing Spider-Man #101 VG+? @ $22? Perhaps Twilight fans want this book now? Does Morbius now sparkle in the sun?

Star Wars #1 CGC 9.8 @ $408 @ 22 watchers. I remember the days when that was the price of the variant issue, not the regular. :preach:

Edited by whetteon

DC Comics Presents #26 hits $220+ raw. :o

Link

Are sales like this new or am I just out of the loop?

That's a new high for a raw AFAIK. I purchased a CGC 9.6 for $125 and a raw NM for $65 just last year. I have seen 9.6s in the $125 - 150 range.

Strange to see this without any new movie rumors. There have been movie rumors about a New Teen Titans movie for several years now, but it remains in limbo. I suspect finding a comic book character/team that has NOT been optioned for a movie is harder than finding characters/teams that have. :grin:

Link

Well, it is from "An untouched Comic collection found in an attic in the heart of Detroit, this collection has not been touched in around 20 years..."

Link

Well, it is from "An untouched Comic collection found in an attic in the heart of Detroit, this collection has not been touched in around 20 years..."

Without looking, the collection could have 10 copies. ;)

Link

Without looking, the collection could have 10 copies. ;)

Understood. I was making fun of the sales pitch.

That price seems out of whack, but I am all for having DCCP 26 run up since I already have a few in hand........