• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

On 5/19/2022 at 9:28 AM, MR SigS said:

The bidders past C $415 could be shills. Both are low feedback with 66% activity with the seller. 

(shrug) could be dodgy, but I can see new buyers spec-ing it if they liked the Morbius film. I haven't seen it, so I don't know if that's likely.

Soooo, what you're saying is that there won't be a 2nd chance offer to the 2nd highest bidder...It will be the the 3rd highest bidder.

And it's a Key Issue, right?  First battle and team-up of Man-Wolf and Morbius 

I really shouldn't talk because I overpaid for a copy of Flash #141.

On 5/28/2022 at 12:08 AM, comic_memories said:

Dang! thats a problem filled 9.2 !!  

I have no idea why this random raw copy of Avengers #144 is getting so much attention, but I'll bite.  :banana:

That's not even close to 9.2 and I don't see what if anything can be learned from its $100 sale price.  :preach:

On 5/28/2022 at 7:45 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I have no idea why this random raw copy of Avengers #144 is getting so much attention, but I'll bite.  :banana:

That's not even close to 9.2 and I don't see what if anything can be learned from its $100 sale price.  :preach:

I’d pay $20 for it knowing I can press it. If I had no press, I wouldn’t pay more than $5-10 for it

On 5/6/2022 at 1:32 AM, fett said:

if you're looking for comics with ridiculous Frank :) 

MarvelPremiere028Heritage.jpg

Quite possibly the ugliest interiors I've seen. I feel bad for the artist saying that but with the all hubbub surrounding this book making it so valuable makes me despise it more. I call False Advertising on this book.

On 5/28/2022 at 11:35 AM, Kramerica said:

Quite possibly the ugliest interiors I've seen. I feel bad for the artist saying that but with the all hubbub surrounding this book making it so valuable makes me despise it more. I call False Advertising on this book.

+1 re: biggest gap between cover and interior art. But it is a great Nick Cardy cover of the Marvel monsters together. Made for slabbing if anything is. I still remember the letdown plucking this one off the newsstands and reading it.

On 5/28/2022 at 6:54 PM, Readcomix said:

+1 re: biggest gap between cover and interior art. But it is a great Nick Cardy cover of the Marvel monsters together. Made for slabbing if anything is. I still remember the letdown plucking this one off the newsstands and reading it.

I would buy this for the cover only, but not at the insane price it goes for, so why are lun.. I mean people buying it for nose bleed money? 

On 5/28/2022 at 2:17 PM, batmiesta said:

I would buy this for the cover only, but not at the insane price it goes for, so why are lun.. I mean people buying it for nose bleed money? 

That question I cannot answer either! I can see slight premium over its peers (fellow non-key issues of Marvel Premiere) for being a cool display book due to the cover, but that’s all I’ve got for it.

Even putting the weak interior art aside, it’s a pretty mundane one-off story; nothing significant.

On 5/28/2022 at 9:35 AM, Kramerica said:

No. The fugliest interiors are in some of the Kirby Fourth World books where the characters appear to be melting in every panel.

On 5/28/2022 at 8:03 PM, Kramerica said:

Should we do a poll?

I am sure there are other examples we need to include as well.

Edited by kimik

On 5/28/2022 at 10:35 AM, Kramerica said:

I remember buying this book off the spinner and the cover just grabbed me and kept me. I was a big Invaders fan as well despite the Robbins  art