• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,818 posts in this topic

I don't think the entire Copper forum has turned into "what book is worth what now?"

This thread, however, was that from the start.

:shrug:

Although some have dropped back a few pages because the discussion ran its course, these were the more active threads.

This one is mainly about how much these books are going to bring in, and for how long.

X-Factor 5 & 6

Overlooked and Potentially Undervalued Long/Mid-Term

Copper - borderline modern collection...what would you offer?

Going to check out a copper collection right now.

So, now with Copper being HOT, is it okay to overpay for a Copper collection?

It seems to be part of the life cycle of things. If you go back 3-4 years so many of the threads were about finding 9.8 copies of whatever books people were looking for. It was really a fun time. Tracking down the first copies of many different Copper books is something a lot of people here were actively doing. It was competitive, and you also got a lot of encouragement to go out there and keep on pushing. :)

I'm not sure there are too many of those mountains left to climb. When you factor that in and combine it with the fact that most of us are sitting on mountains of Copper, it is sort of logical that the increased interest in the era and spikes in price have become the topic du jour.

This does make sense.

I guess after all these years, how could the hot topic not be about the sales now that Copper Age is finally exploding? I always banked on X-Factor #6 being hot one day. $300-$350 hot - I never saw that coming.

I don't think the entire Copper forum has turned into "what book is worth what now?"

Although some have dropped back a few pages because the discussion ran its course, these were the more active threads.

This one is mainly about how much these books are going to bring in, and for how long.

X-Factor 5 & 6

It seems to be part of the life cycle of things. If you go back 3-4 years so many of the threads were about finding 9.8 copies of whatever books people were looking for. It was really a fun time. Tracking down the first copies of many different Copper books is something a lot of people here were actively doing. It was competitive, and you also got a lot of encouragement to go out there and keep on pushing. :)

I'm not sure there are too many of those mountains left to climb. When you factor that in and combine it with the fact that most of us are sitting on mountains of Copper, it is sort of logical that the increased interest in the era and spikes in price have become the topic du jour.

This does make sense.

I guess after all these years, how could the hot topic not be about the sales now that Copper Age is finally exploding? I always banked on X-Factor #6 being hot one day. $300-$350 hot - I never saw that coming.

If someone would have told me XF6 would be worth this much in a few years, a few years back, they would've been wiping the drink I accidentally spit in their face after a fit of laughter. Nope, this soothsayer didn't foresee this turn of events, himself.

X-Factor 5 & 6

This does make sense.

If someone would have told me XF6 would be worth this much in a few years, a few years back, they would've been wiping the drink I accidentally spit in their face after a fit of laughter. Nope, this soothsayer didn't foresee this turn of events, himself.

Over the last few years I've bought several Marvel collections that should have had the X-Factor title in their timeframes. They weren't even represented. What does that tell me? That it was a dog of a title when it was released . . . and even more so, now lol

I bought them off the stands, but I can't actually remember anything about them. I'm not sure if that is because I didn't read them, or because they weren't very good. I'll have to read my 5 and 6 before I sell them. :D

I remember the first issue being a grand deal, but soon afterward... nothing. I'm surprised it faded that quickly.

I don't know if I'd wait that long . . . :grin:

I bought them off the stands, but I can't actually remember anything about them. I'm not sure if that is because I didn't read them, or because they weren't very good. I'll have to read my 5 and 6 before I sell them. :D

I remember the first issue being a grand deal, but soon afterward... nothing. I'm surprised it faded that quickly.

Since the other forums had one figured Id start one here too. I looked and didnt see another thread. This Age is tougher to find books the blow up due to high print runs and just a glut of books in the 90s. All that being said you still books break out. Some examples are New Mutants 98, Iron Man 282, Thanos Quest, and Hulk 340 that are all holding value or increasing. While books like Silver Surfer 34 have the potential to increase.

What examples can we find?

SMMOS #18 (undercopy)

Is Omega Red coming back in the comics or something?

Its still .99 to 6.00 raw from what I am seeing. Sounds like people trying to stir something up to get rid of their 1.00 stock.

I hope that is not what the Copper Age Forum has devolved to. Though it feels lately like the main discussions are about how much someone can make off a collection they purchased, and which books to submit to CGC. There are also discussions about books and characters that we can appreciate.

I don't think anyone brought up price until you posted market ranges. I realize the intent of the thread is to track Ebay sales. Hopefully talking about comic book content doesn't become a forgotten topic.

I appreciate Bosco's sentiment. I much prefer reading about the content or history of the books, and it seems like the short term flippers have migrated here from the modern forum but this thread is titled "Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay" so I would expect some discussion on flipping. (shrug)

Thanks Mike. :cloud9:

And on the second item, that was why I had inserted the later statement. The discussion with MrWeen (Hopefully we get to know each other well enough, I can call him "The Weenster") was just to explain why X-Men #4 has become the recognized 1st appearance of a character. I'm not selling anything, nor am I boosting someone's sales.

But I do think Omega Red is one of those sleeper villains that can jump back out again. I'd like to see that happen.

Yea I have no stake in the character either, I just figured people would like to know that Omega has 2 first appearances and a cameo in the same month. ( The Weenster is much better than what some people have called me recently :grin: )

Sorry if I offended you. I wasn't implying you were trying to boost sales.

No worries. :foryou:

:gossip: Now what book you want to boost next? :whee:

:banana:

Seriously, I don't think what is said on these boards has an impact whatsoever on the marketplace-at-large. :sumo: It's a far bigger world out there than you think.

agreed!

New Mutants 87 and X-Factor 24 appears to be heating up.

Disney can't keep rehashing the same 4 silver age A list avengers so I expect X-men Blue Chip characters to carry the weight the next 20 or so years in films.

Already my children are sick of seeing Iron Man, Captain America and Thor. much like we were sick of Wolverine in the 80's/90's posted everywhere in shops.

Disney has just scratched the surface. Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Alias(Jessica Jones), Black Panther, Big Hero 6 are all new movies/shows in development. I am giddy with all this money to back Marvel now.

Its DC/Warner with money, guts, good casting and vision.

MOS 18's are hopping right now. Odd, considering there's no movie plans for him.

Doomsday in the upcoming BATMAN/SUPERMAN film!?!?

:o

Daaaaaaaaaang

How many characters are going to be featured in that flippin' movie?

Could be someone else large in size like say Darksied or Mongul as well. Although Doomsday is the front runner.