• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,855 posts in this topic

Last 3 pages have been pretty worthless

+ 1

I have to agree. :baiting:

:gossip: By the way, this was not a very nice post you made. Just saying.

That would be inconceivable of me.

lol

Meanwhile, let's get back to talking Ebay sales, and less about "Batmite".

In person I'm Bruce Wayne, On the boards, I'm Batman.

Not sure what's going on, but you definitely are neither Bruce Wayne nor Batman, in reality or any form of fantasy.

Also, 700 quote deep posts make for a hard read and wasted space.

ok, on with the learning...

is there something about swamp things in the #50's that is special? had a run of 50-59 sell for $40 last night.

Hmm, that has a Gotham City storyline in 52-53 that Kevin Smith worshipped on the Fatman on Batman podcast recently; that's the only change to the status quo I can think of.

is there something about swamp things in the #50's that is special? had a run of 50-59 sell for $40 last night.

Hmm, that has a Gotham City storyline in 52-53 that Kevin Smith worshipped on the Fatman on Batman podcast recently; that's the only change to the status quo I can think of.

$4 a pop if they were NM+ books is a completionist steal imho

In person I'm Bruce Wayne, On the boards, I'm Batman.

Not sure what's going on, but you definitely are neither Bruce Wayne nor Batman, in reality or any form of fantasy.

Also, 700 quote deep posts make for a hard read and wasted space.

ok, on with the learning...

"I knew John Kennedy, and you're no . . . " lol

#84 is undervalued, 3rd appearance Morpheus I believe.

Shhhhhhhhh.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

as-per-jeff-daniels-twitter-theyre-back-46835.jpg

Anyone have the production run numbers to share?

I have Diamond sales rankings but no print run numbers:

September 1992 MoS 17 was #97 on their sales chart. All Superman titles were low. Adventures didn't even make top 100.

October 1992 MoS 18 moves up to #77.

November 1992 MoS 19 jumps way up to #19

It's not quite as big of a difference between 17 and 18 as I would of thought, but def shows 17 was a lower print run. I also wonder if more newsstand copies of 18 survived. MoS 17's may have been pulled by the time people caught on to the whole Superman's being killed thing.

Even with the lower print numbers, according to FastballSpecial and the Diva. They are pretty easy to come by, if so, I'll buy every single copy NM/MT of MOS 17 these 2 lovebirds can find for $10 each. NO BS!

Dude what is your problem? I don't know even you yet, your responses are extremely hostile. If someone disagrees with you do you feel the need to insult them to feel better?

I already picked up 3 copies of MoS 17 for just over cover and plan to pick up a few more this week. I sold a VF copy for $20 this week why would I sell you any for $10.

How can you get to know someone you'll never meet over a message board?

It's not my fault people on here don't have a thick skin, I'd say the same thing here as I would to you in person.

I'm not here to make "online friends" That's retarded. I try to make a point and I'm wrong when I know I'm right. I stand behind what I believe and what I say and I will fight for my opinion, you are just taking and others on here what I say, personal. And yes, I do make jokes out of people's posts when they state the obvious. I've said it once I'll say it again, In person I'm Bruce Wayne, On the boards, I'm Batman.

Because someone has a difference of opinion there is no need to insult. Apparently it did bother you some, because you went back and changed your post about me and Divad. It isn't that difficult to have an intelligent discussion without the insults or innuendos. If it is, well that says a lot about you right there.

:troll:

-slym

- Sandman Vol 2 #1 (January, 1989)

- Sandman Vol 2 #2 (February, 1989)

- Swamp Thing Vol 2 #84 (March, 1989):

* The Swamp Thing does not appear in this issue. The reason for his absence is because he is travelling steadily backwards through time, as seen in recent issues of the series.

* Adam Strange refers to the Swamp Thing as "Smalsh-Yegger". This is the Swamp Thing's name on the planet Rann.

* The representation of Eve seen in the Dreaming is in fact the biblical Eve, mother to Cain and Abel. Dream representations of Cain and Abel's respective abodes, the House of Mystery and the House of Secrets can be briefly seen in this issue.

* The dark-haired, pale-faced man that Matt Cable encounters is Morpheus of the endless. Morpheus is the lord of Dreams and dominates the realm known as the Dreaming. He is the featured character from the Sandman title. Matt Cable later becomes a supporting character in Sandman after Morpheus transforms into an arcana known as Matthew the Raven.

* One of the posters in Chester's place reads, "Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out". This was a popular phrase used in the 1960s and coined by psychiatrist Timothy Leary. The phrase became synonymous with the hippie counterculture movement.

* Another poster on Chester's wall is that of Wonder Wart-Hog. Wonder Wart-Hog is an underground comic book character, created by Gilbert Shelton and Tony Bell. The character is intended as a porcine parody of Superman.

- Sandman Vol 2 #3 (March, 1989)

* This is the first issue of the series where Dream is referred to as the Sandman. He is also referred to as Oneiros. Oneiros is another word for Oneiroi. In Greek mythology, the Oneiroi are the sons of Hypnos - the God of Slumber. The most powerful of the Oneiroi was Morpheus, another name for Dream.

* One of the items in John's storage locker is a book labeled "Crisis". This might be a reference to the Crisis on Infinite Earths event, though in the chronology of the DC Universe, the Crisis was never documented.

* This issue is peppered with lyrics from various pop songs relating to dreams ("Dream a Little Dream of Me" by the Mamas and the Papas; "Mister Sandman" by the Chordettes; "Sweet Dreams" by Patsy Kline; "Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics; "Dream Lover" by Bobby Darin; "Power of Love" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood; "In Dreams" by Roy Orbison; "The Dreaming" by Kate Bush).

* The Swamp Thing does not appear in this issue. The reason for his absence is because he is travelling steadily backwards through time, as seen in recent issues of the series.

* Adam Strange refers to the Swamp Thing as "Smalsh-Yegger". This is the Swamp Thing's name on the planet Rann.

* The representation of Eve seen in the Dreaming is in fact the biblical Eve, mother to Cain and Abel. Dream representations of Cain and Abel's respective abodes, the House of Mystery and the House of Secrets can be briefly seen in this issue.

* The dark-haired, pale-faced man that Matt Cable encounters is Morpheus of the endless. Morpheus is the lord of Dreams and dominates the realm known as the Dreaming. He is the featured character from the Sandman title. Matt Cable later becomes a supporting character in Sandman after Morpheus transforms into an arcana known as Matthew the Raven.

* One of the posters in Chester's place reads, "Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out". This was a popular phrase used in the 1960s and coined by psychiatrist Timothy Leary. The phrase became synonymous with the hippie counterculture movement.

* Another poster on Chester's wall is that of Wonder Wart-Hog. Wonder Wart-Hog is an underground comic book character, created by Gilbert Shelton and Tony Bell. The character is intended as a porcine parody of Superman.

* This is the first issue of the series where Dream is referred to as the Sandman. He is also referred to as Oneiros. Oneiros is another word for Oneiroi. In Greek mythology, the Oneiroi are the sons of Hypnos - the God of Slumber. The most powerful of the Oneiroi was Morpheus, another name for Dream.

* One of the items in John's storage locker is a book labeled "Crisis". This might be a reference to the Crisis on Infinite Earths event, though in the chronology of the DC Universe, the Crisis was never documented.

* This issue is peppered with lyrics from various pop songs relating to dreams ("Dream a Little Dream of Me" by the Mamas and the Papas; "Mister Sandman" by the Chordettes; "Sweet Dreams" by Patsy Kline; "Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics; "Dream Lover" by Bobby Darin; "Power of Love" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood; "In Dreams" by Roy Orbison; "The Dreaming" by Kate Bush).

Interesting. Now we know what you wrote your thesis on. :-)

The Omega Red discussion started because I mentioned the book was on my short list of buy it when I see it. Which also includes X Factor 6 and Uncanny 221.

I buy characters first appearances I like because my assumption is other people will like them too and one day that could mean monies!

Darkhawk 1 is the book I'm stockpiling 9.8s he's got potential.

I've been uber sick for about a week so just now catching up.