• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

Looks like you smacked somebody in the side of the head with that copy of The Man Who Laughs...

I don't care, but this made me snort.

I don't care either (but that is pretty funny). lol

Please don't. :grin:

Oh, and btw Jim, remind again who you are, and why I should care if you do or not? hmlol

I'm just a guy, with a very good reputation on the boards and in the hobby in general. The non condescending type who can actually grade a book. Don't worry about me though, I'm not the issue here. A half dozen people have already said the book ain't even close to a 9.8 and this has been a very enlightening excerise. :thumbsup:

Jim

That's fine guys. I see your books all the time. I think I'll just hang out and tell y'all what I think of your books, and not post anything for your comments. It's a lot easier to just sit on the throne and say whatever you please.

cheers, :foryou:

d

That's fine guys. I see your books all the time. I think I'll just hang out and tell y'all what I think of your books, and not post anything for your comments. It's a lot easier to just sit on the throne and say whatever you please.

cheers, :foryou:

d

I had no idea the book was yours. Wouldn't change my comment. Nor the fact that I posted. It wasn't threadcrapping so I feel no guilt. Feel free to call me out on any book I over grade. Good luck with that.

Oh, and btw Jim, remind again who you are, and why I should care if you do or not? hmlol

I'm just a guy, with a very good reputation on the boards and in the hobby in general. The non condescending type who can actually grade a book. Don't worry about me though, I'm not the issue here. A half dozen people have already said the book ain't even close to a 9.8 and this has been a very enlightening excerise. :thumbsup:

Jim

Your raw 9.8s are 9.8s. (worship)

Now, the hamster bedding that comes in the package is another story. :censored:

why is the man who laughs l getting all the love right now? ive got a ss 9.8 brubaker. should i sell?

First Print + Good story? (shrug)

Oh trust me I know or I wouldn't own a graded copy. I'm just wondering why it was brought up in this thread? Is it heating up?

Edited by MrWeen

Oh trust me I know or I wouldn't own a graded copy. I'm just wondering why it was brought up in this thread? Is it heating up?

Divad posts just about every sale he makes on eBay in this thread, whether the book involved is actually heating up or not. Anything questioned earns a smug, condescending response and a dismissive emoticon.

In this case the book sold for what it did as a result of a) being advertised as a 9.8, and b) the next available copies being of lesser grade and on consignment from MCS with highly inflated asking prices.

Jim

Your raw 9.8s are 9.8s. (worship)

Now, the hamster bedding that comes in the package is another story. :censored:

Oh I know Sean :thumbsup:

I'm still 100% on 9.8's for WD books too...never had one come back a 9.6 yet :cloud9:

In Chicago last year I did screw up on a regular copper on site submission of 100 books. Only 96 came back 9.8's, the other two were 9.6's and the other two were 9.9's. :sorry:

Jim

Oh I know Sean :thumbsup:

I'm still 100% on 9.8's for WD books too...never had one come back a 9.6 yet :cloud9:

In Chicago last year I did screw up on a regular copper on site submission of 100 books. Only 96 came back 9.8's, the other two were 9.6's and the other two were 9.9's. :sorry:

Jim

How embarrassing for you.