• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,818 posts in this topic

Action Comics #1 reprints are all the rage! -

Lyria Exchange Home Page - number of watchers

Action Comics #1 '88 reprint @ $132 & 132 watchers.

Action Comics #1 '88 reprint @ $152 & 108 watchers

Action Comics #1 '88 reprint @ $102 & 60 watchers

Action Comics #1 '92 reprint @ $42 & 57 watchers (the better reprint anyways)

wow

Wow. I have at least four of the 88's. I thought they were like $20 books. Bought one last week for $1.

I just noticed that GPA doesn't even reference the 1992 reprint (it does for the 1987 and 1988 reprints). Anyone know what's up with that? (shrug)

That is COMPLETELY ridiculous.

These books are common as dirt.

Sigh. Now I must go dig mine out.

:facepalm:

What about the Post Office commemorative Action Comics 1 reprint? Any movement on that

.I sold one of these 2 weeks ago for $20.At least a 9.6

What would this get a green label if you pull off the Post office wrap?

Too bad I did not follow through with grading the three 9.4+ copies I was thinking of sending in with my July modern submission. :cry:

Do the Marvel Milestone reprints fetch top dollar like this as well?

Edited by kimik

Too bad I did not follow through with grading the three 9.4+ copies I was thinking of sending in with my July modern submission. :cry:

I dont' think the Marvel Milestone copies of Action 1 sell very well at all. In fact, I don't think anyone has ever sold one.

In 9.8 or SSed some do, they are tough to find in really high grade because that silver on the cover shows stress really badly.

I dont' think the Marvel Milestone copies of Action 1 sell very well at all. In fact, I don't think anyone has ever sold one.

Stan would still sign it.

I meant the AF #15, ASM #1, X-Men #1, etc....

well I'm pretty sure the Action #1 reprint hype is fueled by the EBAY sale of the Action 1 CGC 9.0 being sold on ebay. Due to the rarity and high value realized by THAT sale vs the relative commonness of the Marvel keys, it doesn't seem likely that Marvel Milestones and other Marvel reprints will have similar spikes in value.

well I'm pretty sure the Action #1 reprint hype is fueled by the EBAY sale of the Action 1 CGC 9.0 being sold on ebay. Due to the rarity and high value realized by THAT sale vs the relative commonness of the Marvel keys, it doesn't seem likely that Marvel Milestones and other Marvel reprints will have similar spikes in value.

Do you think that there are some bidders (on the reprints) who actually don't know the difference? hmlol

Do you think that there are some bidders (on the reprints) who actually don't know the difference? hmlol

I certainly hope so.

Perhaps, but there are many that are clearly marked "reprint" in the header that are still going for plenty.

I think it's a mistake to list them now. The spike is likely due to the sale of the real thing, and that auction is over. Another one will come up for sale at some point (not a 9.0, sure, but another copy). Get them slabbed now if they're slab-worthy so you're ready when the next real deal gets auctioned.