• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,820 posts in this topic

Nope, the 266 is much harder to find than the annual, always has been.

That may be true, but it's only due to perception/demand/hoarding. There's no way there are more Annual 14s than 266s.

I think the annual may have sold more copies than issue 266.

According to Marvel Age #93, X-Men Annual #14 outsold in the direct sales market both Uncanny X-Men issues in May 1990.

And according to Marvel Age #94, Uncanny X-Men #266 was not even the best-selling issue of its own series in the direct sales market for the month of June 1990.

Interesting...

Numbers and complete sales/distributuion information would be a lot more interesting, but that is something.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SILVER-SURFER-44-1ST-APP-INFINITY-GAUNTLET-W-OW-PGS-VIVID-COLOR-MARVEL-DEC-1990-/222007915071?hash=item33b0b3f23f:g:8EEAAOSwa-dWqQfr

I bet the guy I gave one of these as a freebie to on a big purchase a few months ago is pretty happy

Is there an echo in here... :frustrated:

I was responding to your post?

And yes, the guy is pretty happy, but he spent almost $400 with me, so I'm not upset. It was about a $35 book at the time.

Nope, the 266 is much harder to find than the annual, always has been. 10 years ago, a raw 9.2/9.4 266 would sell the same day you put it out at $50, before the whisper of a movie. I'd price it at $100, discount to $90 if you must, or $80 if the buyer is buying full-priced drek along with it.

Wound up getting $100 (free s/h) from another buyer 10 minutes later when the original person rejected my counter.

This one doesn't seem to be showing any signs of slowing down:

Silver Surfer #44

Once a book is outed, it's old news. Period. :sumo:

Yea, already sold mine. Of course, I'm pretty sure this was outed over a year ago when it was going for about $15-20.

I sold a ratty VG+ copy for $25 last year and was shocked.

Ive said this before, but if you have been sitting on books for years and you are older its time to cash out. These prices wont last, but its better to go out on top then keep waiting for the very top.

Nice to see NM #87 in 9.8 settling into the $500 range now.

Wouldn't be surprised if it catches up to 98 in the next few months.

No way.

meh... maybe not. Might just be wishful thinking but the book is legitimately more difficult to find so the fact that Deadpool is more popular (the demand side of the equation) may be offset by the fact that the supply isn't as readily available.

The book is now selling for around $200 for "nice" raw copies. And most of the ones I've seen selling for that do not look like 9.8 candidates judging by the crappy pics on ebay. That's a lot of scratch for what looks like 9.2/9.4 books. For comparison, 98's are more in the $300 range for "nice" copies (shrug)

Fact is, Cable is kind of a boring character.

I can never imagine my 4 year old sleeping with a plush Cable doll, but he loves his baby Deadpool doll, as he calls him.

Edited by the blob