• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,817 posts in this topic

So... Inhumans #11?!

korath-thak?

Eh, no thanks

Yeah I over priced two copies on ebay at $40 each on thursday.

yesterday both copies sold...

Not calling you out as maybe I missed them, but I just looked at the completed listings on ebay to see if these are hot and I don't see any being sold at $40 each. I see a complete set just sold for $75.00 a #11 sold for .99 , $5.12, and $6.99 lately.

I think I mean't to say $30. Sorry.

EDIT: still dollar books

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141239338037?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

Edited by Jimmy Linguiniii

Exactally, people underestimate the value of turnover. The most successful business models don't require you to milk every nickel out of every book you sell. Most dealers buy a collection and make their output back several fold off the keys, anything after that is gravy.

I have started doing the opposite - keep the keys, make money back from commons at the spring or fall con season (depending on when you buy the books) and then selling the remainder to LCSs. My goal is to get funds back within 6 months while retaining the best books/keys as they continue to increase in value. I used to take the sell the keys and try to max out profits from the rest approach, but since keys/high demand books outpace other books in value growth it does not make sense.

This works well with auction lots from Heritage, Clink or other venues also.

I have tried to take this approach as a collector because I agree that sitting on keys is much better than sitting on long boxes of drek. If I had more access and time to hunt down collections, I would look more towards turnover.

This isn't so much a business model as an ecological strategy. It's called "r Selection" vs. "K Selection", but don't get me started . . . ;)

Just read up on that with wikipedia, really interesting, but makes me wonder how that applies to a question of economics? I mean, I can see how you'd look at it in parallel, but turning books for dollars versus propagating genes.

Anyhow, getting OT, I suppose. "P

Exactally, people underestimate the value of turnover. The most successful business models don't require you to milk every nickel out of every book you sell. Most dealers buy a collection and make their output back several fold off the keys, anything after that is gravy.

I have started doing the opposite - keep the keys, make money back from commons at the spring or fall con season (depending on when you buy the books) and then selling the remainder to LCSs. My goal is to get funds back within 6 months while retaining the best books/keys as they continue to increase in value. I used to take the sell the keys and try to max out profits from the rest approach, but since keys/high demand books outpace other books in value growth it does not make sense.

This works well with auction lots from Heritage, Clink or other venues also.

I have tried to take this approach as a collector because I agree that sitting on keys is much better than sitting on long boxes of drek. If I had more access and time to hunt down collections, I would look more towards turnover.

This isn't so much a business model as an ecological strategy. It's called "r Selection" vs. "K Selection", but don't get me started . . . ;)

That's an excellent analogy and a heuristic that can be very enlightening in this context. Rats and whales each have their place and, like this hobby, the ecosystem is healthiest when both thrive.

Ah, a fellow biologist! :applause:

So... Inhumans #11?!

korath-thak?

Eh, no thanks

Yeah I over priced two copies on ebay at $40 each on thursday.

yesterday both copies sold...

Not calling you out as maybe I missed them, but I just looked at the completed listings on ebay to see if these are hot and I don't see any being sold at $40 each. I see a complete set just sold for $75.00 a #11 sold for .99 , $5.12, and $6.99 lately.

I think I mean't to say $30. Sorry.

EDIT: still dollar books

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141239338037?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

I wouldn't mind owning a 35 cent price variant for this comic!

Ween just found my 5 copies I stashed away of marvel age 25 because of you!

It sells for $15 now! lol thanks buddy

Awesome! I just wish the Official Handbook Marvel Universe Deluxe Ed 11 was on the radar of collectors. Mignola's RR is on the back cover and inside! Considering how few appearances he had prior to 08 you would think they would sell well but like his She-Hulk appearances people just don't seem to know ( or care :grin:)

I have to believe anyone buying that book isn't aware of the content on the interior pages.

Mignola drawing RR on a cover and a preview of the limited series makes it a good buy especially if you collect Mignola or Rocket Raccoon.

Awesome! I just wish the Official Handbook Marvel Universe Deluxe Ed 11 was on the radar of collectors. Mignola's RR is on the back cover and inside! Considering how few appearances he had prior to 08 you would think they would sell well but like his She-Hulk appearances people just don't seem to know ( or care :grin:)

Looks like Byrne to me? hm (and mighty small at that . . . )

146169.jpg.acdbd489536fc64633eea636fa9ee548.jpg

I have to believe anyone buying that book isn't aware of the content on the interior pages.

Mignola drawing RR on a cover and a preview of the limited series makes it a good buy especially if you collect Mignola or Rocket Raccoon.

??? Looks like Carl Potts (signed) to me. (shrug)

146171.jpg.fc5c78bbd542a467837f68566e5e3b33.jpg

Awesome! I just wish the Official Handbook Marvel Universe Deluxe Ed 11 was on the radar of collectors. Mignola's Byrne's RR is on the back cover and inside! Considering how few appearances he had prior to 08 you would think they would sell well but like his She-Hulk appearances people just don't seem to know ( or care :grin:)

Looks like Byrne to me? hm (and mighty small at that . . . )

Aren't raccoons small? hm ( and I corrected myself . . . )

Well that's the last time I post about Mike Mignola. Here's an actual Mignola cover.

859295_zps6598feea.jpg

Well that's the last time I post about Mike Mignola. Here's an actual Mignola cover.

859295_zps6598feea.jpg

Well, not really. lol

Mignola might have done the inking or the colors, but no way he did the pencils. That cover looks nothing like his art. Likely Rick Leonardi.

I doubt it's anything to go by but the new Guardians Movie toy line includes a Nova figure as well as a space looking Iron Man... They make all the time in toy form that's not in the movie... But I thought this could be a sign.

Scroll down.

I saw it. Still doesn't look like his art.

sometimes artists draw a bit out of their style. Even if I had a distinctive style, and someone said, draw in the style of ARTIST XX, and threw a bunch of cash at me, I'd certainly do my best to accommodate.

Scroll down.

I saw it. Still doesn't look like his art.

sometimes artists draw a bit out of their style. Even if I had a distinctive style, and someone said, draw in the style of ARTIST XX, and threw a bunch of cash at me, I'd certainly do my best to accommodate.

Plus, the "colorist/painter/whatever he did to it" looks to have overpowered Mignola's art style a bit.