• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

I smell maybe shilling...and that price is ridiculous. I would have happily, gladly thrown a copy at both those bidders for $50.

But are your copies "GEM" VF/NM?

SUPER DUPER GEM 8.5.

The absolute best examples of 8.5s there are! Among 8.5s, they are the 10.0s of 8.5s! :ohnoez:

I'd like to see "Gem" added to all eBay auctions, like the obnoxious "HOT! HTF! LQQK! CGC Ready! CGC it!"

Nostalgia? To get the bad taste of the One More Day story out of our mouths?

Still trying to get the bad taste of Secret Wars II out of my mouth.

Never forget the awkwardness...

SPIDERMANBEYONDerpooping.jpg

I'd like to know how he got that skintight white suit off with no zipper, and not even an access flap.

hm

I'd like to know how he got that skintight white suit off with no zipper, and not even an access flap.

hm

And I hope Petey had some air freshener in the joint. Can you imagine the smell...?

:sick:

Just picked up a Brave and the Bold #200 at my LCS. Appears to be about a 9.0, too. Not bad for not even having been boarded.

Is it a canadian price variant?

it's all about canadian price variant / newstands for Brave and the Bold #200 First Katana

Just curious, but I don't see that at all.

Just picked up a Brave and the Bold #200 at my LCS. Appears to be about a 9.0, too. Not bad for not even having been boarded.

it's all about canadian price variant / newstands for Brave and the Bold #200 First Katana

How many newstand / Canadian Price variants are there on ebay of that particular comic?

One. Sure its way over-priced, but try finding a NM copy.

Edited by Jimmy Linguini

How many newstand / Canadian Price variants are there on ebay of that particular comic?

Better question, how many people want to buy it? Very niche, so ask whatever you want. A crazy collector might pay.

I guess I misunderstood your use of the phrase, "It's all about . . . " That must be a Canadian way of speaking. :baiting:

back to greed and speculation...

so as i was pulling my stack of books out of the dollar box at one of my local shops there was a nice Moon Knight 55. I figured it's probably worth $5 now and even if it wasn't, I'd buy it for nostalgia if nothing else. I was going to pull it out and remind the shop owner "remember when this was a $20 book?"... but he wasn't there, just the guy who was 9 in 1994.

ANYWAY...criminey, I look it up and it's apparently much more than a $20 book nowadays. Go figure. It's not like SPLATT has done anything recently. Have to say though, I do like the cover, he outMcFarlaned McFarlaine.

back to greed and speculation...

so as i was pulling my stack of books out of the dollar box at one of my local shops there was a nice Moon Knight 55. I figured it's probably worth $5 now and even if it wasn't, I'd buy it for nostalgia if nothing else. I was going to pull it out and remind the shop owner "remember when this was a $20 book?"... but he wasn't there, just the guy who was 9 in 1994.

ANYWAY...criminey, I look it up and it's apparently much more than a $20 book nowadays. Go figure. It's not like SPLATT has done anything recently. Have to say though, I do like the cover, he outMcFarlaned McFarlaine.

That depends on how you look at it. I think McFarlane had some really decent layout design that added to the overall effect, and that I don't recall seeing in Platt's art.

What did Platt do other than 4 issues of Moon Knight? I remember he did some work at Image on Prophet, but I can't recall him doing any kind of lengthy run. Being the Moon Knight run is over 20 years old now I can see how it might appeal to those who wanted it years ago, but long term I see no future for Platt's body of work.

What did Platt do other than 4 issues of Moon Knight? I remember he did some work at Image on Prophet, but I can't recall him doing any kind of lengthy run. Being the Moon Knight run is over 20 years old now I can see how it might appeal to those who wanted it years ago, but long term I see no future for Platt's body of work.

He went into movies after Soul Saga. In 2012, he went the freelance route in comics and did some covers for Marvel.