• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Yeah I'm Watching that, too.

Why are we Watching this, again?

Because we want it to show up on Lyria and catch on like wild fire so we can all dump them on the after market? hm

lol

Actually, I think the original idea was to see if we can convince people a comic is hot by all following it. It was an experiment.

Because we want it to show up on Lyria and catch on like wild fire so we can all dump them on the after market? hm

lol

Actually, I think the original idea was to see if we can convince people a comic is hot by all following it. It was an experiment.

Why is is not showing up on Lyria when it has 70+ watchers?

lol

Because I'm specifically blocking the eBay category "Modern->Other" from the search results. Usually all sorts of non comic related stuff gets posted in that category so it's just easier to block it. But I've removed the block for your convenience. (thumbs u

lol

Because I'm specifically blocking the eBay category "Modern->Other" from the search results. Usually all sorts of non comic related stuff gets posted in that category so it's just easier to block it. But I've removed the block for your convenience. (thumbs u

So it's the second most watched comic on Lyria, that's nuts. :insane:

lol

So it's the second most watched comic, that's nuts:

15516773630_7f9c6049c9_c.jpg

That's because WE'RE all nuts. :insane:

Hopefully the MCS sale is legit, but I doubt it is. Some skulduggery and malfeasance is going on.

Malfeasance MOST foul!!

Indeed. It looks like GPA has been scrubbed of most, if not all, of the bogus sales.

lol

Well, no. It was really just for a goof. I don't think anyone actually expects that anyone believes that there will be any increased demand for this book.

lol

Well, no. It was really just for a goof. I don't think anyone actually expects that anyone believes that there will be any increased demand for this book.

(thumbs u

I thought there was a thread for this book but I can't find it.

ASM #301 9.8 did it again :o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-spider-man-301-cgc-9-8-off-white-to-white-pages-/141450933324?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20ef21f44c

This book is super interesting. At first there were very few copies available. Price is high. Then a big sale in 2008 (along with the mainstreaming of pressing) brings out many copies. 2-3 years later the price completely tanks. Then, starting in 2012, the price cranks up again. It is a very interesting sales analysis for a non-key book.

GPA summary (Year, # of sales recorded, price)

2006 (1) $689

2007 (1) $970

2008 (2) $495, $1320

2009 (21) $203-$1001

2010 (18) $125-$500

2011 (5) $99-$241

2012 (5) $250-$320

2013 (5) $400-$875

2014 (7) $592-$1283

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-spider-man-301-cgc-9-8-off-white-to-white-pages-/141450933324?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20ef21f44c

This book is super interesting. At first there were very few copies available. Price is high. Then a big sale in 2008 (along with the mainstreaming of pressing) brings out many copies. 2-3 years later the price completely tanks. Then, starting in 2012, the price cranks up again. It is a very interesting sales analysis for a non-key book.

2006 (1) $689

2007 (1) $970

2008 (2) $495, $1320

2009 (21) $203-$1001

2010 (18) $125-$500

2011 (5) $99-$241

2012 (5) $250-$320

2013 (5) $400-$875

2014 (7) $592-$1283

I was in the trenches with Copper books for all these years, plain and simple - the economy tanked. The Economy recovered at the same time collecting Copper became one of the cool things to do. Maybe it was just new blood. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

2006 (1) $689

2007 (1) $970

2008 (2) $495, $1320

2009 (21) $203-$1001

2010 (18) $125-$500

2011 (5) $99-$241

2012 (5) $250-$320

2013 (5) $400-$875

2014 (7) $592-$1283

I was in the trenches with Copper books for all these years, plain and simple - the economy tanked. The Economy recovered at the same time collecting Copper became one of the cool things to do. Maybe it was just new blood. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Tom, I have no doubt that played a part in it. I had some High Bronze in a 2009 C-Link auction, and several of them would have been GPA lows by a factor of 60-70%. Now that was a tank-fest.

But there is ABSOLUTELY NO QUESTION in my mind that the boom in supply was a large part of it as well.

What I find interesting is that other monster boom books (Transformers 1, GI Joe 21 etc.) have not had the second rise that this book has.