• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,818 posts in this topic

Looks like the NM87 shiller is at it again on eBay. Apologies for being redundant with this, but the shill is obviously looking to inflate the price. With the traffic this site gets, I figured it'd be helpful to buyers and counterproductive to the shiller to point out manipulation when it's present.
Lame

Looks like the NM87 shiller is at it again on eBay. Apologies for being redundant with this, but the shill is obviously looking to inflate the price. With the traffic this site gets, I figured it'd be helpful to buyers and counterproductive to the shiller to point out manipulation when it's present.

I'm sure Longbox will be able to sort it out

That'd reveal one of their sources, though.

Ah yes, how dare someone hit the eBay/MCS BIN price... Ruining it for everyone to purely inflate the price! :roflmao:

lol

Ah yes, how dare someone hit the eBay/MCS BIN price... Ruining it for everyone to purely inflate the price! :roflmao:

Are you saying that somebody trying to manipulate prices and screwing with people who are trying to sell their items isn't any kind of problem?

:o:ohnoez:

Darkhawk #1 CGC 9.8 @ $100 & 1 bid finally made the top ten list on Lyria as Most Expensive Graded Copper Comic on eBay today.

:headbang:

I sold mine a couple months ago for $115 off of E-Bay and people seem to get $125 or so on the boards. $100 would be low from what I've seen.

Smart move unloading a third appearance.

Are you saying that somebody trying to manipulate prices and screwing with people who are trying to sell their items isn't any kind of problem?

How do you know it's just 1 person? Maybe people actually want the book bad enough to pay a premium for it

How do you know it's just 1 person? Maybe people actually want the book bad enough to pay a premium for it

I've had four nonpaying buyers. A couple of the usernames are the same that hit the BIN for MCS and did not pay. Conan at MCS confirmed this and has also reported the NM87 NPB sales to GPA. Before bringing it to light, I confirmed that other sellers were experiencing the same problem, as to rule out it being an isolated incident.

Every few days, somebody will set up a new eBay account(s) with a fake AOL email address and pick off all the NM87 9.8s in a row. I've contacted eBay three times, and I've been told repeatedly there is nothing they can do.

Darkhawk #1 CGC 9.8 @ $100 & 1 bid finally made the top ten list on Lyria as Most Expensive Graded Copper Comic on eBay today.

I sold mine a couple months ago for $115 off of E-Bay and people seem to get $125 or so on the boards. $100 would be low from what I've seen.

While the darkhawk preview is very arguable. Darkhawk # 1 will always be the book to own for him.

For anyone who collected during the time Darkhawk # 1 hit the stands, if they come back, and only buy one book, it will be Darkhawk # 1 hands down. It is like pure nostalgia on that book. It was one of the first " new" solo characters in the early 90's, and durning that speculation bubble, it was huge. He was going to be the new Wolverine. I think $100 is very sustainable. Sadly I only have my original two copies, both only in VF, and don't want to put up the $ for a 9.8 personally.

While the darkhawk preview is very arguable. Darkhawk # 1 will always be the book to own for him.

For anyone who collected during the time Darkhawk # 1 hit the stands, if they come back, and only buy one book, it will be Darkhawk # 1 hands down. It is like pure nostalgia on that book. It was one of the first " new" solo characters in the early 90's, and durning that speculation bubble, it was huge. He was going to be the new Wolverine. I think $100 is very sustainable. Sadly I only have my original two copies, both only in VF, and don't want to put up the $ for a 9.8 personally.

You are correct. Collector's will always want issue 1 over the Marvel Age comic and the Marvel Requirer comic.

You are correct. Collector's will always want issue 1 over the Marvel Age comic and the Marvel Requirer comic.

Been a while since I've looked through it, but I'm pretty sure Darkhawk isn't even in the Marvel Age preview story, just on the cover

Been a while since I've looked through it, but I'm pretty sure Darkhawk isn't even in the Marvel Age preview story, just on the cover

Ok so the Marvel Age comic is his second appearance and second cover appearance.

Edited by MrWeen

I really like your placement of the word comic. I guess you could argue Marvel Age is a comic... at least comic format in size/staples. A preview comic if you may.

The Requirer however, is a comic shop news letter that is not comic sized, is not stapled. It is more like a newspaper. Calling this a comic just sounds desperate.

I really like your placement of the word comic. I guess you could argue Marvel Age is a comic... at least comic format in size/staples. A preview comic if you may.

The Requirer however, is a comic shop news letter that is not comic sized, is not stapled. It is more like a newspaper. Calling this a comic just sounds desperate.

Its a multi page story on Darkhawk and the character is on the cover. What more do you want? I disagree with Ween a lot, but I agree with him in this case.

I have no problem selling Marvel Age 97 in NM for around $20-25 raw. How much does DK 1 sell for in NM? $2-5 is the current amount. I think the market here is speaking a language some just fail to comprehend or just choose to ignore it.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Calling the Requirer a comic may technically be wrong but I fail to see how it's desperate? I will tell you this though, I travel up and down the east coast hunting for comics and I see a lot of Darkhawk 1s in the trenches but hardly any Marvel Age 97s. At the very least it's a Darkhawk key. I'll tell ya what I'm desperate for, one of those comic newsprint publications by Marvel that just happens to be the first Darkhawk cover and appearance. I have never seen one.