• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

If the rumor of a Dawn of Justice teaser during the Super Bowl prove true, I'd guess you won't be able to find an affordable copy of DKR #1 by the time the game is over. Not many of them up there now anyway.

I paid $65 at my comic store earlier last year, I sent it in to be slabbed, came back 9.8 :) I'll sell it when the movie gets closer, I really think this will be a thousand dollar book eventually.

If the rumor of a Dawn of Justice teaser during the Super Bowl prove true, I'd guess you won't be able to find an affordable copy of DKR #1 by the time the game is over. Not many of them up there now anyway.

I paid $65 at my comic store earlier last year, I sent it in to be slabbed, came back 9.8 :) I'll sell it when the movie gets closer, I really think this will be a thousand dollar book eventually.

Looks like eventually may be now....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Dark-Knight-Returns-1-CGC-9-8-SS-Denny-ONeill-/141550511497?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20f5116589

since the fight happens in issue #4, will that issue see any movement, or will collectors only care about issue number 1 of the series as is usually the case?

People do not understand what the marketplace in the late 90s was like - eBay was an arbitrage dream. You could buy books at shows and flip them almost instantly for 100-300% profit easily. And, conversely, you could do the same by buying something on eBay and moving it at a show.

eBay in the late 1990s was the wild wild west. It was awesome and scary at the same time. The end came from CGC and just volume. Hard to be the frontier when everyone moved in.

It was arbitrage heaven. I remember the late 90's and even early 2000's being a time when you could not only do as you've stated but you could buy collections using ebay and remarket them a couple of weeks later for very great returns. T

Don't even get me started on buying DVDs from Columbia House and selling them on Ebay and clocking fat stacks '99-'02. HTF DVDs, Criterion collection discs, etc. It was easy money.

So True. I made a lot of money off out of print dvds like Salo and Last of the Dogmen.

Awesome flick I watch at least once a year if I can.

It's a very underrated flick and it's out of print!

90 Day is $184.00, up from a 2014 avg of $151.00.

Nothing dramatic, but healthy.

sweet, 1 and 4 are the stars, while 2 and 3 are afterthoughts.. will be fun to watch. :)

Edited by thedude

Broad and generalized statements are only "incorrect" when presented as absolutes or applied to individual cases without consideration of specific facts and individuality. Or when they're complete B.S. not based on reality, obviously.

I like this.

Yea, after three pages of people basically saying the original statement was incorrect he wants to back away from it.

*****Read into this statement as in 2015 , we now have a new generation of collectors who want to collect/pay good money for the books they had as kids.*****

What do you think happened to the books they had as kids? They probably still have them.

Most of the people who don't still have the comics they had as kids in the 80s and 90s probably no longer care about comics.

sweet, 1 and 4 are the stars, while 2 and 3 are afterthoughts.. will be fun to watch. :)

Don't sleep on 2 either. 1st Carrie Kelley as Robin.

They're all going up . . . up . . .up! One needs to have the complete set. :grin:

Don't sleep on 2 either. 1st Carrie Kelley as Robin.

They're all going up . . . up . . .up! One needs to have the complete set. :grin:

Wish i still had my complete set. Really need to buy one.

Hard to find a 9.8 in any SS, however, no matter the issue.

Do you mean from DKR #1 through #4? Or "any SS" (copper age) book?

It's definitely true for DKR.

4,600 copies graded, only 100 are SS (any grade, half are #1) and only 28 are SS 9.8 (11 are #1).