• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Saw this in Comics General - go to the site watchcount.com, input the item # in the search, and click the link in the "Sold for" section of the results. The redirected eBay page still shows the Best Offer price taken.

Thank you. :)

I'm not sure why ebay wants to make their market less efficient. What difference does it make to them whether BO sale prices are public?

I always thought it was to prevent buyers from using the information as leverage in negotiations for future Best Offer listings with that seller.

I'm not sure why ebay wants to make their market less efficient. What difference does it make to them whether BO sale prices are public?

I always thought it was to prevent buyers from using the information as leverage in negotiations for future Best Offer listings with that seller.

I think that's it exactly. It also gives an illusion of higher prices attained.

Is there a way to tell the difference between a 1st and 2nd print of Batman #436 just from the front / back covers? Obviously I don't have the book in hand to check.

Thanks in advance

Is there a way to tell the difference between a 1st and 2nd print of Batman #436 just from the front / back covers? Obviously I don't have the book in hand to check.

Thanks in advance

Yup, I took your exact question and put it in Google. Has to do with the DC logo.

Thanks in advance

Yup, I took your exact question and put it in Google. Has to do with the DC logo.

Got it, thanks! :)

Hmmmm, I know a lot of the Batman books in that era just have a different phrase or artwork in the UPC box to denote 2nd and later printings. But, by looking at eBay listings that state 2nd print for that book, I can't say that that is the case for this issue.

Might be a case in which the book has to be in hand to check the indicia.

Thanks in advance

Got it, thanks! :)

Oh snap, you're right! The 2nd print has a green DC logo, the first has a blue. How did I miss that?!?

doh!