• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Man, those titles and names bring back good memories for me, even though disaster came soon thereafter for the comic industry.

But none of that really took hold in my young brain.

I just loved comics.

Most of those titles and names (1991 and early 1992) were on my MUST HAVE list when I was younger... but I couldn't afford them. :sorry:

So, I "settled" for books like Bloodshot #6, when I really wanted Magnus #5.

I would say that most people who think the Valiant books are worthless don't have any copies of the first 8 books on that list.

So, they're right... the Valiant books they have are worthless. But there are Valiant books that aren't. lol

A & A were always my favorite, and I never got the gold version of zero.... I wanted that soooo bad.

I couldn't find one locally.

I'm pretty sure I have still never seen a gold version of the 1992 books locally (in a shop). hm

Valiant books that have already heated up on eBay (specifically those with first appearances):

Magnus #5 – first appearance of Rai (a Rai trading card was included in Magnus #4)

Solar Man of the Atom #3 – first appearance of Toyo Harada and the Harbinger Foundation

Magnus #7 – first appearance of X-O armor (Commando class, earlier than X-O Manowar appearance)

Harbinger #1 – first appearance of the Harbinger renegades (kids): Peter, Kris, Charlene, Faith, Torque

X-O Manowar #1 – first appearance of X-O Manowar armor, first appearance of Aric of Dacia

X-O Manowar #4 – first (brief) appearance of Jack Boniface (becomes Shadowman)

Shadowman #1 – first (full) appearance of Jack Boniface (Shadowman)

Solar #10 – first appearance of Gilad Anni-Padda/Abrams (Eternal Warrior), first Geomancers

Archer & Armstrong #0* – first appearance of Archer & Armstrong (Obadiah Archer, Aram Anni-Padda)

Harbinger #10 – first appearance of H.A.R.D.Corps

Eternal Warrior #4 – first (brief) appearance of Bloodshot

Rai #0 – first (full) appearance of Bloodshot, first new Rai, VALIANT universe future revealed

Shadowman #8 – first appearance of Master Darque

Archer & Armstrong / Eternal Warrior #8 – first appearance of Ivar Anni-Padda (Timewalker)

Bloodshot #6 – first appearance of Colin King (Ninjak)

Shadowman Vol. 1 #16 (1st Doctor Mirage) - I always enjoyed that short series.

X-O Manowar Vol. 1 #19 (1st cameo of Armorines)

X-O Manowar Vol. 1 #25 (1st full Armorines)

Bloodshot Vol. 1 #7 (1st Ninjak in costume)

I hope all these characters show up one day in movies if they are done right.

Edited by Bosco685

A & A were always my favorite, and I never got the gold version of zero.... I wanted that soooo bad.

Do you need me to send it to someone locally and then have them surprise you?

(:

X-O Manowar Vol. 1 #25 (1st Armorines)

Those just missed the cut for a "one page" printout. (thumbs u

I believe there are Armorines in X-O #19.

X-O Manowar Vol. 1 #25 (1st Armorines)

Those just missed the cut for a "one page" printout. (thumbs u

I believe there are Armorines in X-O #19.

I learned that on your Valiantfans site a few years back. I think a few characters appear in #19, then #23, and then it all comes together in #25. Let me go take a look.

What happen to the old Valiantfans library area where you had all these details posted on every book? Did something get wiped out?

What happen to the old Valiantfans library area where you had all these details posted on every book? Did something get wiped out?

Decided to re-write all the website code last year... changed webhosting companies (also went from Windows to Linux) and decided to update the 1999 code I was using.

Unfortunately, work and home (toddler) have gotten in the way of code-writing for my hobby.

Decided to re-write all the website code last year... changed webhosting companies (also went from Windows to Linux) and decided to update the 1999 code I was using.

Unfortunately, work and home (toddler) have gotten in the way of code-writing for my hobby.

Thanks Greg for all the hard work to keep the dream alive.

:foryou:

(worship)

So, these are now Copper books?

hm

-slym

I think it makes more sense to call the original Valiant Copper and the new universe Modern. Actually I think comics needs an age between the two as well, as "Modern" is really a few different things mashed together, I think. I'd probably start the in-between age at Heroes Reborn and start Modern around the time of New 52, the launch of VEI, and Marvel Now.

hm

-slym

Dude! Quit trying to steer the conversation!

sorry, I couldn't resist. A nozzle posted that towards me, so I figure I'd carry on the flame.

hm

I think it makes more sense to call the original Valiant Copper and the new universe Modern. Actually I think comics needs an age between the two as well, as "Modern" is really a few different things mashed together, I think. I'd probably start the in-between age at Heroes Reborn and start Modern around the time of New 52, the launch of VEI, and Marvel Now.

"Chromium Age"... I keep saying it, hoping it will stick...

:lol:

-slym

don't have any copies of the first 8 books on that list.

You don't want to know how many copies of Shadowman #8 I have.

I hope that book takes off. It'll make up for me giving away my New Mutants #98s for so little.

:cloud9:

In conjunction with this new partnership, DMG has made an eight-figure (USD) series C round of equity investment into Valiant, which the company will use to further its efforts in international publishing, film, television, licensing and beyond.

DMG has dedicated an additional nine-figures (USD) of film financing capital toward the production of theatrical films and television programs based on Valiant's library of iconic superhero characters, including the currently-in-development Shadowman, Bloodshot and Archer & Armstrong. No specific numbers have been disclosed, although the agreement is likely the largest film financing deal for a comic book publisher since the formation of Marvel Studios in 2005.

Doesn't this mean even more than the nine-figure seed money has been provided to Valiant?

It is a two-part investment.

Valiant Gets Funding to Develop Marvel-Style Valiant Comics Movie Universe

DMG has put eight figures worth of funding into Valiant “to further its efforts in international publishing, film, television, licensing and beyond.” But that’s not all. The press release announcing the deal also trumpets an additional nine-figure investment towards development of film and TV projects featuring Valiant characters such as Bloodshot, Shadowman, and Archer & Armstrong. The goal of the partnership between Valiant and DMG is significant, and they’re not hiding it, as the announcement proclaims the creation of the “largest independent superhero universe.”

So it is much larger than originally thought.

:whee:

Do you need me to send it to someone locally and then have them surprise you?

(:

Yes.

I will provide the address. lol

:baiting: