• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

I don't wanna rain on anyone's parade but the difference between Marvel and Valiant is, well, the difference between Marvel and Valiant. I think the investors are setting themselves up for a huge disaster

It's all about that first movie...

If they nail it, then they may be able to hang around for a while.

If it bombs, they are done.

Truth!

Although the news said the investment doesn't lead to a say in company direction, with two major investments of that size I am sure DMG will 'strongly encourage' steps be taken to increase its investment.

DMG Entertainment wiki

DMG also contributed as a production partner for Marvel's Iron Man 3, though Disney (through Marvel) and DMG withdrew plans to apply for official co-production status in China. Despite the withdrawal, DMG's involvement resulted in inclusion of various Chinese elements such as the casting of Chinese actor Wang Xueqi and footage shot in Beijing. The companies also edited a different version of Iron Man 3 to be distributed in China. The version included a scene with actor Fan Bingbing and "bonus footage specifically for Chinese viewers".

With the money Iron Man 3 made in China, they must know what they are doing. It was DMG that came up with that approach to film scenes in the local area.

don't have any copies of the first 8 books on that list.

You don't want to know how many copies of Shadowman #8 I have.

That's why it was 12th on my list. The first 8 are the ones that don't have many stockpiles. lol

Magnus #5 – first appearance of Rai (a Rai trading card was included in Magnus #4)

Solar Man of the Atom #3 – first appearance of Toyo Harada and the Harbinger Foundation

Magnus #7 – first appearance of X-O armor (Commando class, earlier than X-O Manowar appearance)

Harbinger #1 – first appearance of the Harbinger renegades (kids): Peter, Kris, Charlene, Faith, Torque

X-O Manowar #1 – first appearance of X-O Manowar armor, first appearance of Aric of Dacia

X-O Manowar #4 – first (brief) appearance of Jack Boniface (becomes Shadowman)

Shadowman #1 – first (full) appearance of Jack Boniface (Shadowman)

Solar #10 – first appearance of Gilad Anni-Padda/Abrams (Eternal Warrior), first Geomancers

Archer & Armstrong #0* – first appearance of Archer & Armstrong (Obadiah Archer, Aram Anni-Padda)

Harbinger #10 – first appearance of H.A.R.D.Corps

Eternal Warrior #4 – first (brief) appearance of Bloodshot

Rai #0 – first (full) appearance of Bloodshot, first new Rai, VALIANT universe future revealed

Shadowman #8 – first appearance of Master Darque

Archer & Armstrong / Eternal Warrior #8 – first appearance of Ivar Anni-Padda (Timewalker)

Bloodshot #6 – first appearance of Colin King (Ninjak)

What happen to the old Valiantfans library area where you had all these details posted on every book? Did something get wiped out?

Decided to re-write all the website code last year... changed webhosting companies (also went from Windows to Linux) and decided to update the 1999 code I was using.

Unfortunately, work and home (toddler) have gotten in the way of code-writing for my hobby.

I really used to like looking at the print run numbers for each book on that site. I went back after it was redesigned and couldn't find that info. as easily. Is it still there?

Man, those titles and names bring back good memories for me, even though disaster came soon thereafter for the comic industry.

But none of that really took hold in my young brain.

I just loved comics.

Most of those titles and names (1991 and early 1992) were on my MUST HAVE list when I was younger... but I couldn't afford them. :sorry:

So, I "settled" for books like Bloodshot #6, when I really wanted Magnus #5.

I would say that most people who think the Valiant books are worthless don't have any copies of the first 8 books on that list.

So, they're right... the Valiant books they have are worthless. But there are Valiant books that aren't. lol

Perhaps, just perhaps, there's a "Rule" that describes this - about something you wanted 25 years previously, that you couldn't afford back then, that you can now? You don't say.

So, these are now Copper books?

hm

-slym

If you with the concept - as I do - that the Copper Age has a hard and defined ending date of November 18, 1992, pre-Unity Valiant falls nicely into the end of the Copper Age. So yes.

Why November 18th i.e., such an exact date ?

He means November 20th.

:whistle:

Split the baby already . . . November 19th. :sumo:lol

lol

Is that dog still attempting to hunt, but keeps bringing back plastic flamingos?

November 18, 1992: Death of Superman hits the East Coast market. Fact!

He means November 20th.

lol

Is that dog still attempting to hunt, but keeps bringing back plastic flamingos?

So it's a Left Coast / Right Coast thingee? lol

He means November 20th.

lol

Once we went over the details a number of times in that November 18th thread, I finally realized where he was coming from. In his mind, Superman 75 didn't really hit the market until it was released on the West Coast.

So I try to qualify any reference to the event by noting it started on the East Coast so there is no misunderstanding.

He means November 20th.

lol

Once we went over the details a number of times in that November 18th thread, I finally realized where he was coming from. In his mind, Superman 75 didn't really hit the market until it was released on the West Coast.

So I try to qualify any reference to the event by noting it started on the East Coast so there is no misunderstanding.

:grin: So kinda like this:

newyorkview.jpg

Another book that may be heating up is Secret Wars #1. I sold a copy (Canadian Newsstand variant) that I had been lugging around for the past two years in my convention stock for $20 within a few minutes of putting it on the table at a small one day show two weeks ago. I could not give it away before now......... lol

Most of those titles and names (1991 and early 1992) were on my MUST HAVE list when I was younger... but I couldn't afford them. :sorry:

Perhaps, just perhaps, there's a "Rule" that describes this - about something you wanted 25 years previously, that you couldn't afford back then, that you can now? You don't say.

lol

I think I got ahead of the rule by a bit... because I started buying those books when they were 5 years old.

I couldn't afford them when they were 1 and 2. :grin:

lol

I think I got ahead of the rule by a bit... because I started buying those books when they were 5 years old.

I couldn't afford them when they were 1 and 2. :grin:

I was lucky enough to have purchased almost all of the pre-Unitys off the shelf. I was lucky enough to have had a couple friends working at my regular comic shop that said "Hey, you've got to check this out"