• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Some books I have seen climbing lately looking at overall sales. Some are movie hype while others are just good stories people want to read or look for higher grades.

Omega Men 3

Thor 321

ASM 229-230

PP 107-110

Labyrinth 1 or Set 1-3

SS 23,48 & 49

ASM Annual 22

Green Arrow Mini Set 1-4

Howard the Duck 33

Flash 323-24

Superman Annual 11

Superman Annual # 11 is hands down my fave Superman story ever!

Some books I have seen climbing lately looking at overall sales. Some are movie hype while others are just good stories people want to read or look for higher grades.

Omega Men 3

Thor 321

ASM 229-230

PP 107-110

Labyrinth 1 or Set 1-3

SS 23,48 & 49

ASM Annual 22

Green Arrow Mini Set 1-4

Howard the Duck 33

Flash 323-24

Superman Annual 11

Superman Annual # 11 is hands down my fave Superman story ever!

Burn!

Is Adventures of Superman 466 going to be the new flavour of the month? hm

More like the flavor of last week lol

Was it? Seems people selling it for $30 on ebay.

Maybe they're asking $30, what they're actually getting is closer to $10

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&ghostText=&_sop=1&_nkw=Adventures+of+Superman+466&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Omega Men 3

Thor 321

ASM 229-230

PP 107-110

Labyrinth 1 or Set 1-3

SS 23,48 & 49

ASM Annual 22

Green Arrow Mini Set 1-4

Howard the Duck 33

Flash 323-24

Superman Annual 11

PP 107-110....that's Spectacular Spider-Man 107-110?

There was just a major investment made into Valiant, including a 9-figure investment to develop movies and television shows. First appearances might see an uptick soon.

Was thinking the same thing myself when I saw that announcement.

There was just a major investment made into Valiant, including a 9-figure investment to develop movies and television shows. First appearances might see an uptick soon.

Was thinking the same thing myself when I saw that announcement.

I just saw the news.

There were three movie deals in the pipeline already, though not very far along (Shadowman, Archer & Armstrong, Bloodshot). So these should all get moved up rather quickly.

Valiant's ARCHER & ARMSTRONG Movie In Development

J. Michael Straczynski Talks Shadowman Film

Bloodshot Movie Confirmed at Special Edition: NYC, Series Returns in October

Omega Men 3

Thor 321

ASM 229-230

PP 107-110

Labyrinth 1 or Set 1-3

SS 23,48 & 49

ASM Annual 22

Green Arrow Mini Set 1-4

Howard the Duck 33

Flash 323-24

Superman Annual 11

Thanks for the list!

Thor 321 was hot for a little because people were thinking that Freya in that story was going to be the woman Thor, when in fact it was no relation to the Freyja mentioned in Thor #1.

I would swap that with Thor 390 though.

Howard the Duck #33 looks like the error version sells pretty well. Regular cover around $5.

I'm RICH!

:whee:

:shy:

I'm RICH!

:whee:

lol Join the club. Get behind me in the Yacht line bud...

9-figure investment?

So, basically, one movie?

Do you actually think they are going to invest one time if with any early go-around projects they double or triple their money?

They are going to push this for all they can until making money from the venture doesn't happen.

9-figure investment?

Do you actually think they are going to invest one time if with any early go-around projects they double or triple their money?

They are going to push this for all they can until making money from the venture doesn't happen.

It's just perspective. "9-figure investment" sounds much more impressive before you realize how much is necessary for just one project.

9-figure investment?

It's just perspective. "9-figure investment" sounds much more impressive before you realize how much is necessary for just one project.

I agree with you movie productions are a very expensive business that also comes with risks. But if you look at this from the realisitic perspective 'it takes money to make money' the picture become more clear.

DMG CEO Dan Mintz said that "taking a stake in the last independent massive comic universe is a strategic investment for DMG that will produce movies and TV that are both appealing and relevant to a global audience."

DMG Entertainment provided major seed money that is meant to attract more investment into Valiant through this news. Now they get access to films and TV shows based on an entire comic book universe that they then can introduce to the Chinese market (what all these studios are banging on the door trying to figure out the best approach). But they also don't have to take on 100% of the burden by being the only investor.

If Valiant's business model of tightly controlling the comic books and movie versions of its characters seems to borrow from Marvel's way of doing things, that's no accident. Former Marvel chief executive Peter Cuneo is the current chairman of the company and has gone on the record with his intent to transform the publisher into "Marvel 2.0." Marvel's current movie success, it might be worth mentioning, started with its own nine-figure funding in 2005.

There will be more money coming in from other companies wanting to take advantage of this new Chinese market access, and the assumption this is going to be another successful movie universe to financially benefit from.

In conjunction with this new partnership, DMG has made an eight-figure (USD) series C round of equity investment into Valiant, which the company will use to further its efforts in international publishing, film, television, licensing and beyond.

DMG has dedicated an additional nine-figures (USD) of film financing capital toward the production of theatrical films and television programs based on Valiant's library of iconic superhero characters, including the currently-in-development Shadowman, Bloodshot and Archer & Armstrong. No specific numbers have been disclosed, although the agreement is likely the largest film financing deal for a comic book publisher since the formation of Marvel Studios in 2005.

Doesn't this mean even more than the nine-figure seed money has been provided to Valiant?

Valiant books that have already heated up on eBay (specifically those with first appearances):

Magnus #5 – first appearance of Rai (a Rai trading card was included in Magnus #4)

Solar Man of the Atom #3 – first appearance of Toyo Harada and the Harbinger Foundation

Magnus #7 – first appearance of X-O armor (Commando class, earlier than X-O Manowar appearance)

Harbinger #1 – first appearance of the Harbinger renegades (kids): Peter, Kris, Charlene, Faith, Torque

X-O Manowar #1 – first appearance of X-O Manowar armor, first appearance of Aric of Dacia

X-O Manowar #4 – first (brief) appearance of Jack Boniface (becomes Shadowman)

Shadowman #1 – first (full) appearance of Jack Boniface (Shadowman)

Solar #10 – first appearance of Gilad Anni-Padda/Abrams (Eternal Warrior), first Geomancers

Archer & Armstrong #0* – first appearance of Archer & Armstrong (Obadiah Archer, Aram Anni-Padda)

Harbinger #10 – first appearance of H.A.R.D.Corps

Eternal Warrior #4 – first (brief) appearance of Bloodshot

Rai #0 – first (full) appearance of Bloodshot, first new Rai, VALIANT universe future revealed

Shadowman #8 – first appearance of Master Darque

Archer & Armstrong / Eternal Warrior #8 – first appearance of Ivar Anni-Padda (Timewalker)

Bloodshot #6 – first appearance of Colin King (Ninjak)