• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Wow. First Valiant, now Robotech?! Time to pull out my brick of Macross 1's.

Its gonna be a GOOD year ;)

I might be wrong about this but wont Sony be unable to adapt the Macross portion of Robotech because of the rights held by Harmony Gold?

"Frank Agrama of Harmony Gold, which is the original intellectual property rights holder, will executive produce with Michael Gordon and Jehan Agrama. Leonard B. Rosman and Christy Duran will serve as co-producers."

"The deal on behalf of Harmony Gold and the producers was negotiated by Ralph P Brescia of Bloom Hergott, together with Leonard B. Rosman, Esq. of the Law Offices of Leonard B. Rosman and Christy Duran, Esq. of Harmony Gold."

Wow. First Valiant, now Robotech?! Time to pull out my brick of Macross 1's.

Its gonna be a GOOD year ;)

I might be wrong about this but wont Sony be unable to adapt the Macross portion of Robotech because of the rights held by Harmony Gold?

"Frank Agrama of Harmony Gold, which is the original intellectual property rights holder, will executive produce with Michael Gordon and Jehan Agrama. Leonard B. Rosman and Christy Duran will serve as co-producers."

"The deal on behalf of Harmony Gold and the producers was negotiated by Ralph P Brescia of Bloom Hergott, together with Leonard B. Rosman, Esq. of the Law Offices of Leonard B. Rosman and Christy Duran, Esq. of Harmony Gold."

Where did you get this info? Thanks by the way it is appreciated.

I bought a nm copy for $30 cdn on the phone two days ago...

I think that's the current going rate?

There isn't a going rate established, yet.

All copper key and/or movie related books are like this.

You did alright at $30 for a NM copy.

As an aside, you can always get $20-$30 for key copper books in mid grade, if you know how to present and market your books.

I have gotten $25 for copies of Legends # 3 in VG/FN and $30 for Legends 1 in FN/VF, at shows in the past month.For books that sell for $150-$300 in 9.8, $30 or so for a decent/presentable copy is reasonable, for a collector.

So yeah, that said, I am not surprised to see a FN- X-Men 244 sell at $27 (plus shipping).

I have gotten $25 for copies of Legends # 3 in VG/FN and $30 for Legends 1 in FN/VF, at shows in the past month.

Okay, I haven't been in the forums for a while, but what.....?

I bought a whole bunch of those from the junk bins just because I like Byrne and they were dirt cheap, so now you're saying I'm sitting on a goldmine?

Hard to believe, I had to go searching in my garage and pull out a bunch of that Suicide Squad stuff because its worth bucks now. Also pulled out some Firestorm stuff as well. Never thought these would be worth anything.

Edited by Rip

I have gotten $25 for copies of Legends # 3 in VG/FN and $30 for Legends 1 in FN/VF, at shows in the past month.

I bought a whole bunch of those from the junk bins just because I like Byrne and they were dirt cheap, so now you're saying I'm sitting on a goldmine?

Yup. Driven by the upcoming Suicide Squad movie.

Wasn't this book a pick back in your comicinvestor days, Vince? :grin:

Yup. Driven by the upcoming Suicide Squad movie.

Wasn't this book a pick back in your comicinvestor days, Vince? :grin:

Im sorry but at that price is ridiculous. Even at a show where books are overpriced that's insane when the going market is no where near that. :screwy:

It's the new investment strategy.

Buy books...

Hold for 25 years...

Make a fortune!

I've made 2 fairly large (quantity of books) purchases over the last 10 years. The first was about 7-8 years ago when Mike Forrester (flatrock02, who passed away a couple of years ago) and I bought out a shop in Chicago. There were a bunch of short boxes in there full of Copper Age Marvel and DC comics along with some older books. There were anywhere from 10 to 70 copies each of books like Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8, ASM between issues 260 and 297 and Uncanny X-Men between issues 197 and 257. A lot of those books are just now coming to fruition - X-Men 244, X-Men 221, X-Men 213 and so on.

The 2nd big purchase was for about 10,000 mostly Copper and Modern Age books here in Oklahoma about 3 years ago. This collection also contained big quantities of multiples and is also just now starting to pay off with certain books - X-Force #19 is just one example I can think of.

So sometimes, you just have to take the dive and be patient. For me, it's starting to pay off in the long run. :cloud9:

Buy books...

Hold for 25 years...

Make a fortune!

I've made 2 fairly large (quantity of books) purchases over the last 10 years. The first was about 7-8 years ago when Mike Forrester (flatrock02, who passed away a couple of years ago)

Talk about a punch in the gut at 2 AM.

I had no idea.

:(

I bought all his X-Men #240s and #205s maybe 4 years ago. I still have 'em, every single one (except maybe one #205.)

Where do you guys store all these books??

Im having hard time keeping up with silver-bronze lot purchases alone..

I come across tons of drek in multiples but I always pass on those as I refuse to pay for a storage unit.. Both my house AND work are filled up already and I gotta be very conservative with big purchases

If I'd tell you how many pre unity Valiants I came across in the past year alone and walked out on...

Where do you guys store all these books??

Im having hard time keeping up with silver-bronze lot purchases alone..

I come across tons of drek in multiples but I always pass on those as I refuse to pay for a storage unit.. Both my house AND work are filled up already and I gotta be very conservative with big purchases

If I'd tell you how many pre unity Valiants I came across in the past year alone and walked out on...

The "main" part of my comic collection is in lateral file cabinets in my office (3 4-drawer, 2 2-drawer) along with a standard 4-drawer file cabinet and a 2-drawer. More are stored in about 15 4-drawer file cabinets. The rest have to go in about 50-60 long boxes and 20-25 short boxes because I ran out of file cabinet room. :insane:

I am meeting with a guy this afternoon with the hope of buying 2-3 more lateral file cabinets. I LOVE those for comics storage and hate having to keep some in the standard file cabinets. As I obtain more lateral file cabinets I'm selling off the standard ones.

Buy books...

Hold for 25 years...

Make a fortune!

I've made 2 fairly large (quantity of books) purchases over the last 10 years. The first was about 7-8 years ago when Mike Forrester (flatrock02, who passed away a couple of years ago)

Talk about a punch in the gut at 2 AM.

I had no idea.

:(

I bought all his X-Men #240s and #205s maybe 4 years ago. I still have 'em, every single one (except maybe one #205.)

Mike passed away in Nov. 2012 due to complications from a tumor they found in one of his lungs (I believe I got that right). He WAS a heavy smoker - as soon as he put one out he'd start another one. Sharon (skypinkblu) ran a fundraiser thread here on the chatboards shortly thereafter.

He was a hard worker though. He had a regular job at a tooling manufacturing company in Rockford, Illinois and also had a couple of side businesses (machine repair and comics of course). How he found time for all of that AND his family I'll never know. I'm sure he didn't sleep much.

He and I met at an auction in Northern Illinois about 11-12 years ago when we were bidding against each other on some comics. He introduced himself after the bidding stopped and we became Comic Collecting Cohorts after that. I included Mike in that Chicago find because there was so much and because we were good friends. I knew he would appreciate being included. :)

I still send his daughter Mackenzie Scooby-Doo comics when I can find them. Just picked one up the other day. I think she's like 12 or 13 now. Hopefully, I can keep doing this until I'm no longer here.