• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

I always liked Jubilee, not necessarily because of small movie cameo's the character could add some real value to this next movie depending how she is portrayed.

I never liked Jubilee and always thought she was a completely unnecessary character. Kinda like Kitty Pryde

I always liked Jubilee, not necessarily because of small movie cameo's the character could add some real value to this next movie depending how she is portrayed.

I never liked Jubilee and always thought she was a completely unnecessary character. Kinda like Kitty Pryde

They're in the same vein for sure. Sometimes you need a character around to A) appeal to somewhat younger readers (and older pervs), B) keeps things lighter, or act as a foil/humanity reminder for more intense characters, C) provide a damsel in distress without seeming misogynistic, D) be able to tell the story of growth and/or seeing the same characters/stories through a fresh set of eyes (specifically Jewish or Asian eyes).

While I really liked the story in X-Men 244 itself, she grated on me after about a dozen issues. Like a low-rent, proto-hipster Asian Kitty Pryde.

Always preferred Kitty Pryde's relationship to Wolverine, and Dazzler's character and powers, to those of Jubilee's.

Also, hasn't she already been in at least two (if not three) of the films?

Or is this a Kitty Pryde situation, where we're supposed to ignore the cameos in X-Men & X2 because she actually figured in two full scenes in X-3 & Days of Future Past?

I'd take X-Factor 6 or 24 over another dozen copies of 244 any day.

Jubilee confirmed for X-Men Apocalypse.

Stupid lemmings.

lol

Average of 2-4 sales a day for months....then 39 sales in the last 6 hours.

lol

Stupid lemmings.

And they say the market isn't going to crash...

Buying 25 year old books isn't what crashed the market. Just ask the guy I bought a case of Superman 75 3rd prints from a few months back.

No, buying 25 year old books wasn't what crashed the market. It was buying new books that did it.

What will crash the market this time...?

hm

Buying those same books, which are now 25 years old....

It's the cirrrrrrcle of liiiiiffffffe....

The same thought went through my mind but I was too lazy and inarticulate to post it. Having said that, I hope the market never crashes again and book prices keep going up, at least for the duration of my life (which makes me think of Homer talking to God - "You'll find out when you die" - "Ahh, I can't wait that long." - "You can't wait six months?" - "No, tell me now.") I'd prefer to regret not buying a BA 12 9.8 when I had the chance than try to house my family in a pile of long boxes.

Stupid lemmings.

lol

lol

Stupid lemmings.

Buying 25 year old books isn't what crashed the market. Just ask the guy I bought a case of Superman 75 3rd prints from a few months back.

No, buying 25 year old books wasn't what crashed the market. It was buying new books that did it.

hm

The same thought went through my mind but I was too lazy and inarticulate to post it. Having said that, I hope the market never crashes again and book prices keep going up, at least for the duration of my life (which makes me think of Homer talking to God - "You'll find out when you die" - "Ahh, I can't wait that long." - "You can't wait six months?" - "No, tell me now.") I'd prefer to regret not buying a BA 12 9.8 when I had the chance than try to house my family in a pile of long boxes.

Long boxes make awesome forts.

Just make sure you put the new ones on the bottom. You don't want to be killed by a box-a-lanche.

( lol The stupid board code kept changing the "lanche" to "lance", no matter how many times I fixed it. lol Stupid over-nannied board code. )

Stupid lemmings.

lol

lol

Stupid lemmings.

hm

Buying new books wasn't the problem (if you're referring to customers). It was retailers buying books that consumers weren't then purchasing. Also companies soliciting books that they weren't then shipping, tying up retailer money.

Stupid lemmings.

lol

lol

Stupid lemmings.

hm

Buying new books wasn't the problem (if you're referring to customers). It was retailers buying books that consumers weren't then purchasing. Also companies soliciting books that they weren't then shipping, tying up retailer money.

Is that an invitation to debate the history of the 90's Comic Book Crash...?

I'm game!

:D

Stupid lemmings.

lol

lol

Stupid lemmings.

hm

Maybe, maybe not. We are trying to apply the same formula to a different situation and still get the same answer. Head over to the Valiant thread where people have talked about just throwing away lots of books. Also, head to any quarter bin, pretty much guaranteed there will be some early Image and post-Unity Valiants in there. Well taken car of, of course. :baiting:

I think we have all seen high grade books that we didn't think had value sell for a nice price to people who wanted their childhood memories back.

Stupid lemmings.

lol

lol

Stupid lemmings.

hm

Maybe, maybe not. We are trying to apply the same formula to a different situation and still get the same answer.

No, those are just casual answers, not in-depth analyses.

Yep will see x-men 244 benefit from this

:whistle:

X-Men24462copies.jpg

All 9.4's :baiting:

:cry:

In reality, I've only submitted 3 of these to CGC. One 9.8, one 9.6 and one 9.4 - no pressing.

I would think now is the best time to unload that truck so to speak.

I agree with you completely. You'll see a batch of these on eBay shortly. (thumbs u