• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Six of my X-Men #244 auctions ended tonight. Realized prices ended at $37.00, $39.00, $42.50, $48.00, $51.00 and $52.00. :banana:

Six more auctions end Tuesday night and the last 9 end Thursday night.

It's like you found a few grand at the bottom of your sock drawer...

Between the 6 auctions that ended Sunday night and the 6 auctions that ended last night, I'm averaging about $45 per book so far. And I still have 9 more auctions ending tomorrow (Thursday) night. (thumbs u

I've noticed so far it's not 12 different buyers. One guy on Sunday night bought 3 copies and another guy bought 2 copies. Then last night just one guy picked up 5 of the 6.

Of course not. Most of these price increases are flippers flipping to flippers. Just like the antique furniture market. The key is not to be holding the bag when the music stops.

I continue to be amazed at the price increases. I have not memorized circulation data, but it seems as though there would be no way for demand to exceed supply sufficient to drive these books up, but it keeps happening. This is a pretty crazy time.

Yeah. X-Men 244 was one of the first comics I ever bought back in 1989 or 90.. It came in a pre-pack of leftovers at Woolworths, along with Hulk 344 and Air Raiders # 4.

Always thought X-Men 248 was the more deserving book. And today, I'd pick X-Men 256 over either of them for speculation potential.

x-men 256 high grade copies sure dried up fast after the psylocke announcement.

Did they or did you just list some that you are trying to hype?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2055119.m570.l1313.TR6.TRC0.A0.H0.XUNCANNY+X-MEN+256.TRS0&_nkw=UNCANNY+X-MEN+256&_sacat=0

???

Don't own any of this book, but always on the look out. I sure don't see anymore 9.8...do you?

I'm sure there are some 9.8's in there.

I've been looking for the "right" #357 9.8 for me for years.

It's been a really tough book for me to find.

I know there are varying opinions on his 1st appearance, but I personally have decided #357 is the one.

Try to find the 9.8 Canadian Newsstand Variant. It is much tougher than the regular one...... (thumbs u

cgcBatman357BbCDN_zps0641e6df.jpg

It is funny, and sad, looking at the action on eBay last night for this book - I sold my last 9.6 for $150 a month ago but they are well over $200 now.

Edited by kimik

Batman #357 is a Jason Todd cameo. Three whole panels, he doesn't speak and it's from a distance.

There's a better book for his first appearance.

BATMAN #368?

mm

Batman #357 is a Jason Todd cameo. Three whole panels, he doesn't speak and it's from a distance.

BATMAN #368?

mm

Oh, no, he'd had many full appearances before then.

I'd have to go through them again, but I'm leaning to Tec #525.

BATMAN #368?

mm

Oh, no, he'd had many full appearances before then.

I'd have to go through them again, but I'm leaning to Tec #525.

Batman #368 passes on the Robin mantle to Jason(Man would I love to own that page). I also think it is the first Jason Todd cover appearance.

I'll just repost this:

1. The first appearance of Killer Croc is technically in Tec 523. However he only appears in a few panels and is obscured by his trench coat and fedora. He is addressed by the name Croc. So technically his first appearance is here but its a "cameo".

2. He has a larger appearance in Batman 357 but is again hidden by his coat and hat. This book is widely accepted as his first full appearance though as its the real beginning of his story arc. Not seen much throughout the book though. Some argue its just another cameo, which is perfectly fine.

3. In Tec 524, Croc appears throughout the book, and his face is revealed for the first time. If I were going to favor a book over Batman 357 as his first meaningful appearance, it would be this and not Batman 358.

4. Batman 358 is his first cover appearance and is lately being sold as his true first full appearance on eBay, as he "reveals" himself on the first page and calls himself Killer Croc. Pretty sure most people that are using this sales tactic haven't actually read the relevant issues though, as this is in no way a first appearance outside of a first cover appearance.

Are there any other issues in this arc besides: DETECTIVE #'s 523-524-525-526 and

BATMAN #'s 357-358 & 359?

mm

I continue to be amazed at the price increases. I have not memorized circulation data, but it seems as though there would be no way for demand to exceed supply sufficient to drive these books up, but it keeps happening. This is a pretty crazy time.

One tends to always underestimate demand, as it is not as quantifiable as supply. :grin:

One tends to always underestimate demand, as it is not as quantifiable as supply. :grin:

While I would guess that is likely true, I have a strong belief that there is a a huge percentage of flippers flipping to come bet flippers flipping to hard core speculators, flipping to movie hype speculators etc.

I wouldnt be surprised if majority of the so called speculators are just doing it wrong. Its easy for a person who has too much emotional stock invested in a book to detach from its inflated price sidetracking him from his former intentions of just buying it to flip

While I would guess that is likely true, I have a strong belief that there is a a huge percentage of flippers flipping to come bet flippers flipping to hard core speculators, flipping to movie hype speculators etc.

seanfingh - Even when I don't understand his posts, I agree with them.

That wasn't my most cogent thought, was it? Run it through the Babelfish English to Greek translator, and then back again, and see if that helps.

It worked! It translates to, "Everything divad says is true." :baiting: