• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Where do you guys store all these books??

Im having hard time keeping up with silver-bronze lot purchases alone..

I come across tons of drek in multiples but I always pass on those as I refuse to pay for a storage unit.. Both my house AND work are filled up already and I gotta be very conservative with big purchases

If I'd tell you how many pre unity Valiants I came across in the past year alone and walked out on...

When I lived in Manhattan I had a storage room that bled me every month as I only kept my better stuff and recent acquisitions in my apartment, but one of the joys of buying (if you can call the bank owning half of it "buying") a 7 bedroom wreck in brooklyn (other than all those home repairs and my mortgage payment every month) is that my wife allows me to have a room for comics. for now. although we are considering renting it out to foreign college students and making a mint, in which case i will need to move my comics to a smaller room and maybe get rid of half of them. cutting down from like 25,000 or so. frankly, i have no idea how many i have. and i have never bought a collection. indeed, turned down 8-10 longies when one of my shops shut down and he just wanted to get rid of drek. of course, that was 5 years ago and some of that drek is probably now $25 books.

I come across tons of drek in multiples but I always pass on those as I refuse to pay for a storage unit.. Both my house AND work are filled up already and I gotta be very conservative with big purchases

If I'd tell you how many pre unity Valiants I came across in the past year alone and walked out on...

Every closet in the house, short boxes in the attic, and the garage is full of longboxes - it's a surprise that I'm still married . . . :grin:

Btw, just noticed, my 36,000th post! :acclaim:

When I lived in Manhattan I had a storage room that bled me every month as I only kept my better stuff and recent acquisitions in my apartment, but one of the joys of buying (if you can call the bank owning half of it "buying") a 7 bedroom wreck in brooklyn (other than all those home repairs and my mortgage payment every month) is that my wife allows me to have a room for comics. for now. although we are considering renting it out to foreign college students and making a mint, in which case i will need to move my comics to a smaller room and maybe get rid of half of them. cutting down from like 25,000 or so. frankly, i have no idea how many i have. and i have never bought a collection. indeed, turned down 8-10 longies when one of my shops shut down and he just wanted to get rid of drek. of course, that was 5 years ago and some of that drek is probably now $25 books.

Im saving my shekels to move down south in 2-3 years and buy a big enough house to accommodate my collection, heck with the money Ill spend on a house here I could prolly purchase 2 units and use the second just for books and my other stuff (mainly vintage audio production gear)..I really have no business here anymore and its trivial for me to pay so much taxes a year for something I can do as comfortably anywhere else for ALOT cheaper. Sorry to take this post off topic.

Six of my X-Men #244 auctions ended tonight. Realized prices ended at $37.00, $39.00, $42.50, $48.00, $51.00 and $52.00. :banana:

Six more auctions end Tuesday night and the last 9 end Thursday night.

Six of my X-Men #244 auctions ended tonight. Realized prices ended at $37.00, $39.00, $42.50, $48.00, $51.00 and $52.00. :banana:

It's like you found a few grand at the bottom of your sock drawer...

Sweet. I picked up 5 NM/NM+ copies and 2 VF/NM copies at the Dayton comic con for $7 a piece.

The "main" part of my comic collection is in lateral file cabinets in my office (3 4-drawer, 2 2-drawer) along with a standard 4-drawer file cabinet and a 2-drawer. More are stored in about 15 4-drawer file cabinets. The rest have to go in about 50-60 long boxes and 20-25 short boxes because I ran out of file cabinet room. :insane:

I am meeting with a guy this afternoon with the hope of buying 2-3 more lateral file cabinets. I LOVE those for comics storage and hate having to keep some in the standard file cabinets. As I obtain more lateral file cabinets I'm selling off the standard ones.

Do you use legal size upright cabinets? You can get two rows across in one of those. Just wondering what your preference is to the lateral.

The "main" part of my comic collection is in lateral file cabinets in my office (3 4-drawer, 2 2-drawer) along with a standard 4-drawer file cabinet and a 2-drawer. More are stored in about 15 4-drawer file cabinets. The rest have to go in about 50-60 long boxes and 20-25 short boxes because I ran out of file cabinet room. :insane:

I am meeting with a guy this afternoon with the hope of buying 2-3 more lateral file cabinets. I LOVE those for comics storage and hate having to keep some in the standard file cabinets. As I obtain more lateral file cabinets I'm selling off the standard ones.

Do you use legal size upright cabinets? You can get two rows across in one of those. Just wondering what your preference is to the lateral.

I've thought about buying some legal size cabinets but my preference is still the lateral file cabinets. You can get 5 columns of comics in a 42" wide and 4 columns in a 36" wide lateral file cabinet. Regular width file cabinets don't work very well for 2 reasons:

1) If you center your column you have a lot of unused space on each side

2). If you center your column and DO choose to put some extra books sideways on each side of the column, you take a chance on some of those side books catching on the frame or track as you pull each drawer out. It's happened to me a few times but never again with the lateral file cabinets.

By the way, I did work out a deal yesterday and I have 2 4-drawer and 2 2-drawer lateral file cabinets being delivered either this afternoon or tomorrow. :cool:

You guys and your fancy cabinets. My comics are all bagged and boarded and stored in my "long boxes". I use boxes that baby wipes come in :) they are just the right size for the comics width and you can hold about a hundred in there. Best of all, costs you nothing extra.

You guys and your fancy cabinets. My comics are all bagged and boarded and stored in my "long boxes". I use boxes that baby wipes come in :) they are just the right size for the comics width and you can hold about a hundred in there. Best of all, costs you nothing extra.

I have one diaper box and one laundry detergent box that both seem to work perfectly as well.

What happens when you run out of babies?

Valiant fans have got to be loving this - Magnus Robot Fighter #0 9.6 with 22 watchers grabs the number 5 spot on Lyria's modern most watched graded comics.

I don't think Magnus #0 has been this hot since the early Wizard days. :whee:

Hopefully there will be a bidding war towards the end of the auction, the current bid with a day and 6 hours left isn't very strong. Not disagreeing, just saying. :foryou:

I have one diaper box and one laundry detergent box that both seem to work perfectly as well.

I hear tomato boxes work well, and some of the better stuff gets stored in them.

:whistle:

-slym

I hear tomato boxes work well, and some of the better stuff gets stored in them.

:whistle:

-slym

Some of my " working boxes " . HD cardboard, absolutely great

for light lifting for my bad back, and they have handle holes on

each end. I must have 500 of these in the warehouse. Flip them

inside out, add hot glue gun, and I've been leaving the factory

folds for a top instead of making a box lid.

workingboxes1.jpg

workingboxes2.jpg