• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

It's because, in addition to the much better cover, DC Super Stars #17 has a full length Huntress solo story that gives us her detailed origin, including the death of Catwoman. Unless I am mistaken, All-Star #69 is just a cameo. I don't have a copy handy, but I think she only appears in a panel or two. Someone else can probably confirm.

You are correct. Huntress only makes a few "shadow" appearances in All-Star #69. You can barely even tell it was her until the last page of the book.

But she has a floating head on the cover, so....

It's because, in addition to the much better cover, DC Super Stars #17 has a full length Huntress solo story that gives us her detailed origin, including the death of Catwoman. Unless I am mistaken, All-Star #69 is just a cameo. I don't have a copy handy, but I think she only appears in a panel or two. Someone else can probably confirm.

You are correct. Huntress only makes a few "shadow" appearances in All-Star #69. You can barely even tell it was her until the last page of the book.

But she has a floating head on the cover, so....

First severed head of the Huntress cover!!!

The purpose of my charts and lists is to have a handy reference to educate collectors and I also enjoy doing it for long term historical reasons - its fun to look back as time goes by knowing there was some documentation. Thats why the wizard top 10 was popular for so long and its still fun to look back at 20 yrs later.

Any collector/buyer/investor is only going to do well if they know what they are doing and keeping up on the market and can figure out trends themselves. The people who foresee a trend coming are the ones that succeed - not the ones that are the last ones to try and cash in.

I do try to make the chart as accurate as possible - its updated every 2 weeks.

I would like to see others help with contributions and corrections to the list rather than just telling me it's not perfect. thanks

http://hoknescomics.com/topcomics201504early.htm

Sounds like a great list. I can never find the website though.

This is a valid complaint. I found a comic shop on Saturday that was - to be blunt - clueless about the marketplace.

I wanted to find Terry's site because there were piles of stuff everywhere. I could NOT GET IN to the site on a phone or a tablet.

But I did OK anyways.

I just take notes on my phone everytime I see a comic trending. I have one list for every comic age.. I can sell you my lists if you want :insane:

You guys just need to be an oldschool dork like me and carry around a paper list in your wallet lol.

Whenever I walk into a new comic shop, where I'm not known, I get looked at like I probably don't collect comics and know jack about them. Bust out the list and suddenly an employee usually asks if there's any specific books I'm after. Plus, watching my TOS checklist come to nearly nothing is a very rewarding feeling......only need #52 and a couple other relatively unimportant issues (then it'll be time to revise the heck out of my list).

Or, you could just have an eidetic memory and keep it all in your head...

:whistle:

The purpose of my charts and lists is to have a handy reference to educate collectors and I also enjoy doing it for long term historical reasons - its fun to look back as time goes by knowing there was some documentation. Thats why the wizard top 10 was popular for so long and its still fun to look back at 20 yrs later.

Any collector/buyer/investor is only going to do well if they know what they are doing and keeping up on the market and can figure out trends themselves. The people who foresee a trend coming are the ones that succeed - not the ones that are the last ones to try and cash in.

I would like to see others help with contributions and corrections to the list rather than just telling me it's not perfect. thanks

This is a valid complaint. I found a comic shop on Saturday that was - to be blunt - clueless about the marketplace.

I wanted to find Terry's site because there were piles of stuff everywhere. I could NOT GET IN to the site on a phone or a tablet.

But I did OK anyways.

I just take notes on my phone everytime I see a comic trending. I have one list for every comic age.. I can sell you my lists if you want :insane:

You guys just need to be an oldschool dork like me and carry around a paper list in your wallet lol.

Whenever I walk into a new comic shop, where I'm not known, I get looked at like I probably don't collect comics and know jack about them. Bust out the list and suddenly an employee usually asks if there's any specific books I'm after. Plus, watching my TOS checklist come to nearly nothing is a very rewarding feeling......only need #52 and a couple other relatively unimportant issues (then it'll be time to revise the heck out of my list).

I think that's cheating!! But I'm not sure....I can't remember.... :grin:

But I did OK anyways.

Sounds more like Savant Syndrome :baiting:

Should we add you to THE LIST ? :jokealert:

It's funny tho, I have never brought a list to a store or convention when longbox searching. I tend to remember the multitude of variants out there and hot titles and find stuff only on memory. I just call it a " good memory" SMH

Edited by Silverdream

Just sold me 3rd copy of Silver Surfer #44 in 4 days. If you have them, list them.

:applause: (thumbs u

Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected SS44 to pull $50 in raw VF-NM. I always knew it was the first actual appearance of the gauntlet with gems, but I never thought anyone would care enough.

I am constantly amazed with this market.

That's a good thing I think (:

Sounds more like Savant Syndrome :baiting:

Should we add you to THE LIST ? :jokealert:

I have an exceptional memory, but my sister has a true photographic (by whatever definition that goes by today) and has been tested by many experts. She's smart to begin with, and in math/physics she's good and gets 80-90's, but anything memory-centric (which is pretty well anything else) she gets 100 or very close. School is a serious joke to her simply because so many disciplines are textbook/book-centric.

Pizzes me off I missed that boat by a single sibling's genetic combo, as I too could have had multiple degrees and Masters. :tonofbricks:

Just sold my 3rd copy of Silver Surfer #44 in 4 days. If you have them, list them.

Does anybody remember the boardie that asked about what comics to get at the Family Dollar store a couple years back? He took a picture of the display and SS #44 was one of the books there.

For a freaking $1.

But I did OK anyways.

This is only way to do it IMHO

Just sold my 3rd copy of Silver Surfer #44 in 4 days. If you have them, list them.

Does anybody remember the boardie that asked about what comics to get at the Family Dollar store a couple years back? He took a picture of the display and SS #44 was one of the books there.

For a freaking $1.

A couple years back? According to your sign up date you weren't around a couple years back. hm

:jokealert:

All the copies I've found were below $5. The 9.8 I sold was $2, I think.

For a freaking $1.

Was it the same boardie that was picking up ASM 361 and other issues from there? I believe I remember that...

Would love to see the pic again, or even the thread.

For a freaking $1.

A couple years back? According to your sign up date you weren't around a couple years back. hm

:jokealert:

All the copies I've found were below $5. The 9.8 I sold was $2, I think.

I bought my original copy for 90 cents...