• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Here is my latest top 200 chart of the current hottest modern and copper comics

So, share something here (without a promotional link). :foryou:

No can do, Bubba. :grin:

This is pretty useful, all things considered.

Isn't most of this information garnered from these exact threads? Maybe a couple other internet forums?

Isn't most of this information garnered from these exact threads? Maybe a couple other internet forums?

Indeed, I myself could also be a comics historian considering the "research" I put in. I would just have to publish my buy list... :sorry:

Let's be honest, most of us use multiple resources to get our information and there's a lot of people who are reporting the same things at the same times. It's one of the very reasons why I hate it when I see people on any boards claiming that they were the first to report on some speculative book. It's frustrating when one doesn't get proper credit but it's part of the spec game.

Let's be honest, most of us use multiple resources to get our information and there's a lot of people who are reporting the same things at the same times. It's one of the very reasons why I hate it when I see people on any boards claiming that they were the first to report on some speculative book. It's frustrating when one doesn't get proper credit but it's part of the spec game.

(thumbs u

I'll take the middle ground. I don't think Mr Hoknes is doing Pulitzer worthy investigative work, but, conveinience wise, I certainly don't mind reading an aggregate of the information out there. 2c

(thumbs u

I'll take the middle ground. I don't think Mr Hoknes is doing Pulitzer worthy investigative work, but, conveinience wise, I certainly don't mind reading an aggregate of the information out there. 2c

I find it useful and check it out, too. The danger is lots of it goes un-updated for months--and newcomers might think that info is still up to date...and some of it is very not.

(thumbs u

I find it useful and check it out, too. The danger is lots of it goes un-updated for months--and newcomers might think that info is still up to date...and some of it is very not.

if you're trying to win the flip game, but you're not keeping up to date with current trends and/or you're using JUST THAT SITE for your flip info, you're going to lose the flip game either way.

Its a nice quick tool, he's not claiming to break news, and doesn't appear to be obviously trying to profit on that site from selling the same books he says are hot.

On the plus side, people who are just getting into the game and don't do their proper research will read the list and buy up our dead stock of books that were once hot but now are not

if you're trying to win the flip game, but you're not keeping up to date with current trends and/or you're using JUST THAT SITE for your flip info, you're going to lose the flip game either way.

Its a nice quick tool, he's not claiming to break news, and doesn't appear to be obviously trying to profit on that site from selling the same books he says are hot.

Try drilling down to the various pages on the site - clearly you haven't. :grin: It's a schmockery, I say, a schmockery! lol

Try drilling down to the various pages on the site - clearly you haven't. :grin: It's a schmockery, I say, a schmockery! lol

I'm not about the drillin. I just clicked the link, read my fill, made some mental notes, and went back to reading NL West Box scores errr.... I mean work.

(thumbs u

I don't remember exactly what the issue was, but in the description of one of the book on the list was a clear indication that it hadn't been reviewed in a while, like mention of an upcoming reprint for books that came out months ago.

The purpose of my charts and lists is to have a handy reference to educate collectors and I also enjoy doing it for long term historical reasons - its fun to look back as time goes by knowing there was some documentation. Thats why the wizard top 10 was popular for so long and its still fun to look back at 20 yrs later.

Any collector/buyer/investor is only going to do well if they know what they are doing and keeping up on the market and can figure out trends themselves. The people who foresee a trend coming are the ones that succeed - not the ones that are the last ones to try and cash in.

I do try to make the chart as accurate as possible - its updated every 2 weeks.

I would like to see others help with contributions and corrections to the list rather than just telling me it's not perfect. thanks

http://hoknescomics.com/topcomics201504early.htm

The purpose of my charts and lists is to have a handy reference to educate collectors and I also enjoy doing it for long term historical reasons - its fun to look back as time goes by knowing there was some documentation. Thats why the wizard top 10 was popular for so long and its still fun to look back at 20 yrs later.

Any collector/buyer/investor is only going to do well if they know what they are doing and keeping up on the market and can figure out trends themselves. The people who foresee a trend coming are the ones that succeed - not the ones that are the last ones to try and cash in.

I would like to see others help with contributions and corrections to the list rather than just telling me it's not perfect. thanks

What's your pay rate for editors?

What's your pay rate for editors?

Ha!