• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Let's be honest, most of us use multiple resources to get our information and there's a lot of people who are reporting the same things at the same times. It's one of the very reasons why I hate it when I see people on any boards claiming that they were the first to report on some speculative book. It's frustrating when one doesn't get proper credit but it's part of the spec game.

(thumbs u

I'll take the middle ground. I don't think Mr Hoknes is doing Pulitzer worthy investigative work, but, conveinience wise, I certainly don't mind reading an aggregate of the information out there. 2c

I find it useful and check it out, too. The danger is lots of it goes un-updated for months--and newcomers might think that info is still up to date...and some of it is very not.

if you're trying to win the flip game, but you're not keeping up to date with current trends and/or you're using JUST THAT SITE for your flip info, you're going to lose the flip game either way.

Its a nice quick tool, he's not claiming to break news, and doesn't appear to be obviously trying to profit on that site from selling the same books he says are hot.

.....also almost every book he has listed as hot, he owns.. recently a lot of them he is trying to sell for way less than his site lists their HOT prices at.. he does do some work and i check it out from time to time . he definitely does not update with current price info on previously listed books , he just adds new ones.

The purpose of my charts and lists is to have a handy reference to educate collectors and I also enjoy doing it for long term historical reasons - its fun to look back as time goes by knowing there was some documentation. Thats why the wizard top 10 was popular for so long and its still fun to look back at 20 yrs later.

Any collector/buyer/investor is only going to do well if they know what they are doing and keeping up on the market and can figure out trends themselves. The people who foresee a trend coming are the ones that succeed - not the ones that are the last ones to try and cash in.

I do try to make the chart as accurate as possible - its updated every 2 weeks.

I would like to see others help with contributions and corrections to the list rather than just telling me it's not perfect. thanks

http://hoknescomics.com/topcomics201504early.htm

Sounds like a great list. I can never find the website though.

The purpose of my charts and lists is to have a handy reference to educate collectors and I also enjoy doing it for long term historical reasons - its fun to look back as time goes by knowing there was some documentation. Thats why the wizard top 10 was popular for so long and its still fun to look back at 20 yrs later.

Any collector/buyer/investor is only going to do well if they know what they are doing and keeping up on the market and can figure out trends themselves. The people who foresee a trend coming are the ones that succeed - not the ones that are the last ones to try and cash in.

I would like to see others help with contributions and corrections to the list rather than just telling me it's not perfect. thanks

What's your pay rate for editors?

Good thing we have a comic book financial guru around here,otherwise I wouldn't have a clue what to do with these things. lol

This is a valid complaint. I found a comic shop on Saturday that was - to be blunt - clueless about the marketplace.

I wanted to find Terry's site because there were piles of stuff everywhere. I could NOT GET IN to the site on a phone or a tablet.

But I did OK anyways.

Hey Terry, I like and appreciate your efforts and Im all for having more people like yourself take initiative, research and tell us about their findings. But I think your attitude comes across as a little stand-offish, I think that any person that contributes to an internet forum/social media and the likes, has to get off their high horse and that will make them more "acceptable". You dont need to be friendly to share your info, but thats probably why some people perceive that as a tad offensive. just my thoughts :foryou:

This is a valid complaint. I found a comic shop on Saturday that was - to be blunt - clueless about the marketplace.

I wanted to find Terry's site because there were piles of stuff everywhere. I could NOT GET IN to the site on a phone or a tablet.

But I did OK anyways.

I just take notes on my phone everytime I see a comic trending. I have one list for every comic age.. I can sell you my lists if you want :insane:

But I did OK anyways.

You were really looking for it? Ha

But I did OK anyways.

Dan did you call the guru on the phone? I can't imagine going into a hostel situation like that without the guru's knowledge. :eyeroll:

But I did OK anyways.

I just take notes on my phone everytime I see a comic trending. I have one list for every comic age.. I can sell you my lists if you want :insane:

You guys just need to be an oldschool dork like me and carry around a paper list in your wallet lol.

Whenever I walk into a new comic shop, where I'm not known, I get looked at like I probably don't collect comics and know jack about them. Bust out the list and suddenly an employee usually asks if there's any specific books I'm after. Plus, watching my TOS checklist come to nearly nothing is a very rewarding feeling......only need #52 and a couple other relatively unimportant issues (then it'll be time to revise the heck out of my list).

more lists never hurt anyone. well, maybe they did, but i don't think this one does. thanks for the effort.

Can anyone explain why DC Super Stars 17 sells for more than All Star 69? Census numbers in 9.6 and 9.4 would favor All Star in terms of fewer available. Came out the same week I believe and CGC actually lists All Star as the 1st appearance yet it sells for less than DC SS (shrug)

Can anyone explain why DC Super Stars 17 sells for more than All Star 69? Census numbers in 9.6 and 9.4 would favor All Star in terms of fewer available. Came out the same week I believe and CGC actually lists All Star as the 1st appearance yet it sells for less than DC SS (shrug)

I would reckon that in this case its all about the cover.. DCSS17 promoted Huntress to boss status right off the gate with that one

Likely because the Huntress is more prominent on the cover in DCSS #17. (shrug)

It's because, in addition to the much better cover, DC Super Stars #17 has a full length Huntress solo story that gives us her detailed origin, including the death of Catwoman. Unless I am mistaken, All-Star #69 is just a cameo. I don't have a copy handy, but I think she only appears in a panel or two. Someone else can probably confirm.

Edited by Crimebuster

But I did OK anyways.

You guys just need to be an oldschool dork like me and carry around a paper list in your wallet lol.

Whenever I walk into a new comic shop, where I'm not known, I get looked at like I probably don't collect comics and know jack about them. Bust out the list and suddenly an employee usually asks if there's any specific books I'm after. Plus, watching my TOS checklist come to nearly nothing is a very rewarding feeling......only need #52 and a couple other relatively unimportant issues (then it'll be time to revise the heck out of my list).

I used to keep a paper list folded up in my wallet, for many, many years. Now I've got an excel sheet that I can access on my iPhone via Dropbox. It's a life/wallet saver.

But I did OK anyways.

Yep, paper lists FTW, haha!

more lists never hurt anyone. well, maybe they did, but i don't think this one does. thanks for the effort.

I agree. I enjoy reading it.

It's because, in addition to the much better cover, DC Super Stars #17 has a full length Huntress solo story that gives us her detailed origin, including the death of Catwoman. Unless I am mistaken, All-Star #69 is just a cameo. I don't have a copy handy, but I think she only appears in a panel or two. Someone else can probably confirm.

This is it.

This is it.

It has also been tougher for me to find in high grade than the AS #69 due to the cover color scheme.

You are correct. Huntress only makes a few "shadow" appearances in All-Star #69. You can barely even tell it was her until the last page of the book.