• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

To me this was one of those books that hit a plateau of around $150 or so, but would creep up into the $175 range every once in a while.  Then ASM 252 started being a $200-225-250 book.  And then this happened yesterday:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-TEAM-UP-141-CGC-9-8-WP-5-84-Venom-Spider-man-Black-Costume-Amazing-252-/112417345926?hash=item1a2c989186:g:eksAAOSws5pZJL1t

1 hour ago, bluehorseshoe said:

To me this was one of those books that hit a plateau of around $150 or so, but would creep up into the $175 range every once in a while.  Then ASM 252 started being a $200-225-250 book.  And then this happened yesterday:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-TEAM-UP-141-CGC-9-8-WP-5-84-Venom-Spider-man-Black-Costume-Amazing-252-/112417345926?hash=item1a2c989186:g:eksAAOSws5pZJL1t

Yea, I noticed the past couple months that book has been on the rise. Not sure if it's Venom related or what. It is a tough book to find in 9.8. At least I have had a tough time.
9.8 - 201

9.6 - 245

9.4 - 156

Lots of graded copies out there to be pulling that price.

8 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Yea, I noticed the past couple months that book has been on the rise. Not sure if it's Venom related or what. It is a tough book to find in 9.8. At least I have had a tough time.
9.8 - 201

9.6 - 245

9.4 - 156

Lots of graded copies out there to be pulling that price.

I'm sure Venom mania factors into it to some degree, but I also had a more difficult time finding a MTU 141, much more so than finding an ASM 252.  I think this is just a Copper book that is sort of on everyone's radar, but you can live without it, and then all of a sudden its not a lower level book price-wise anymore.

4 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

I'm sure Venom mania factors into it to some degree, but I also had a more difficult time finding a MTU 141, much more so than finding an ASM 252.  I think this is just a Copper book that is sort of on everyone's radar, but you can live without it, and then all of a sudden its not a lower level book price-wise anymore.

Yep, because who was buying Marvel Team-Up by ish 141??? NoBody.:sumo:

15 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

I think you hit the nail on the head. Secret Wars 8 seems easier to find than ASM even.

On 5/15/2017 at 2:27 PM, AGGIEZ said:

If I hit a 9.8 on first try, that doesn't mean my book is worth less than someone that hit it after 30+ rejects.

Obviously I am talking about the entire market a whole, as "one guy" cannot exist in a vacuum when selling readily-available CGC comics - it's one big pool.

On 6/1/2017 at 9:38 AM, ygogolak said:

I think you hit the nail on the head. Secret Wars 8 seems easier to find than ASM even.

This ended today:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122523741120?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

One more auction for a MTU 141 9.8 going on right now, already over 3 bills with 2 days to go.  Not a good sign its going to get cheap again.

1 hour ago, chrisco37 said:

Yeah, it's a bit crazy.  Back in Feb, I sold a raw copy for $20 at a show.  The guy was thrilled.  

I'm sure, since he just flipped it for $100 profit. lol