• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,812 posts in this topic

On 1/25/2022 at 7:53 PM, DiamondCityComics said:

Talk about killing the value of a book fast.  Not sure what his thoughts were unless he's happy with $10-20 a book.  If he played it right he could have made much more in my opinion.

Ok the link didn't work but some guy threw 50+ copies of Fist of Khonshu 2 up at a starting bid of 9.99 each.

maybe he has a case or two?

On 1/25/2022 at 7:53 PM, DiamondCityComics said:

Talk about killing the value of a book fast.  Not sure what his thoughts were unless he's happy with $10-20 a book.  If he played it right he could have made much more in my opinion.

Ok the link didn't work but some guy threw 50+ copies of Fist of Khonshu 2 up at a starting bid of 9.99 each.

53D25630-37D1-4D55-82DB-2A2B14F393F1.gif.97a8e5597c1ccf6db7b5768839ffd1d9.gif

All newsstand....

C512DC7E-DDBF-4203-8C7B-1D7266904D7B.jpeg

On 1/25/2022 at 8:01 PM, Bird said:

And with this book, why not carpet bomb the market?  How long have they been collecting dust? How long will they be worth anything? If the internet wants to give you $10+ a copy....take its money.

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 1/25/2022 at 5:53 PM, DiamondCityComics said:

Wow, you weren't exaggerating. This guy just needs two slices of bread...

giphy.gif

On 1/25/2022 at 6:32 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

And with this book, why not carpet bomb the market?  How long have they been collecting dust? How long will they be worth anything? If the internet wants to give you $10+ a copy....take its money.

LOL! Yeah there's a point there.

throwing-money-away.gif

On 1/25/2022 at 8:01 PM, Bird said:

I hope many long boxes and it continues.  That means not having to read any "wiped off of ebay" posts in this thread for Fist of Khonshu 2  :)

Selling one every 7-10 days would have netted more per book but on mid/upper-mid grade the interest will wane first leaving many unsold. By unloading as many as possible while iron is hot is the best move if it's a large amount of mid/upper-mid grade copies. 

Bottom line if non high grade copies in bulk a very smart move, if its a handful or 2 then probably much less smart. The more copies the seller holds, the better the strategy.

P.S. The shipping charge is insane for a raw 2 figure book.  $21.19 + Tax (for most) , the shipping cost will be more than the value of the book in mid grade  by time spring ends.  I never will understand buying a comic when it's at it hottest. Based on what I see many collect that way.  While there is no wrong way to collect it seem less than fiscally sound to me.

Edited by MAR1979

On 1/25/2022 at 10:34 PM, MAR1979 said:

P.S. The shipping charge is insane for a raw 2 figure book.  $21.19 + Tax (for most) ,

I noticed that as well, a way to hedge his bets I guess.

On 1/25/2022 at 10:34 PM, MAR1979 said:

P.S. The shipping charge is insane for a raw 2 figure book.  $21.19 + Tax (for most) , the shipping cost will be more than the value of the book in mid grade  by time spring ends.  I never will understand buying a comic when it's at it hottest. Based on what I see many collect that way.  While there is no wrong way to collect it seem less than fiscally sound to me.

The guy that posted the photo is in Canada. My auction shows $6.99 ship

On 1/28/2022 at 8:08 AM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I’m not sure if this is a fluke or not but my eBay auctions for Elektra Assassin #3-8 CGC 9.8 just sold for over $1600.  This is much more than the $600 I was expecting.

Elektra is in her own DD series.. so she’s kinda hot. Don’t know how that carries over/translates to her vtg back issues but it’s something 2 consider 

On 1/28/2022 at 11:08 AM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I’m not sure if this is a fluke or not but my eBay auctions for Elektra Assassin #3-8 CGC 9.8 just sold for over $1600.  This is much more than the $600 I was expecting.

Thats astounding and well done.  I always loved the books and the covers, and the fact that these books were squarebound made it easier to end up with 9.8s.

On 1/28/2022 at 7:02 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

Thats astounding and well done.  I always loved the books and the covers, and the fact that these books were squarebound made it easier to end up with 9.8s.

That's a mean streak and a spicy meatball.

On 1/28/2022 at 8:02 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

I also love these covers, but the books aren’t squarebound. I imagine they are harder to find in 9.8 given that they are modestly valued and 35 years old.

On 12/23/2021 at 11:38 AM, ThothAmon said:

First Rocketeer. Guess it’s worthy of a bag after all these years.

image.jpg

The back cover of Starslayer 2  is my favorite Stevens Rocketeer piece.  When I pull mine out to display in my home office I keep the back facing front.  I'd really like to send my slab to CGC for them them have the front of the book be the back of the slab!

Edited by MAR1979