• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2022 at 5:56 PM, littledoom said:

Buy it or wish you had… but your loss is no big deal.. not an expensive comic. It’s a common 80s DC book that’s only been relevant for a short while. I actually bought a VF/NM copy last December for $3 at a flea market. Sold for $40 in January 

No biggie.  But I remember looking at the cover and thinking “Not for my $3” :p

On 2/8/2022 at 6:26 PM, aardvark88 said:

Mostly text pre-Super Marios Bros. 3. 1st comic app. of Donkey Kong key(?).

Amen cheers to the donkey kings of the world :cheers:

Many a quarter, many a dollar, many a time spent at the store begging for more.

On 2/8/2022 at 6:26 PM, aardvark88 said:

Mostly text pre-Super Marios Bros. 3. 1st comic app. of Donkey Kong key(?).

Yep, 32 page magazine with text about gaming, tips, game designers, etc.  6 pages of Mario and Donkey Kong comic art in Blip #1.  (Mario is a carpenter.)

https://oldgamemags.tumblr.com/post/59318055487/blip-magazine-issue-1-a-comic-about-donkey-kong

Edited by valiantman

On 12/3/2021 at 12:51 PM, divad said:

Yes, I still think there's plenty of heat in the copper market too :) There aren't many bargains out there. Justice League America #31 is finally being recognised as a key. It's Adam Hughes first published DC art. It didn't used to be even listed in Key Collector at all and now it is. It's selling for more than $8 highs though. I think KC lags behind current eBay values by a few months.

I posted about this in the Bronze thread but I'll mention it here too. Batman #366 (1983) First Appearance of Jason Todd as Robin is heating up on eBay. Consistently selling for way more than the $20 high on KC. 

On 2/10/2022 at 5:25 PM, MattrixAlien said:

Yes, I still think there's plenty of heat in the copper market too :) There aren't many bargains out there. Justice League America #31 is finally being recognised as a key. It's Adam Hughes first published DC art. It didn't used to be even listed in Key Collector at all and now it is. It's selling for more than $8 highs though. I think KC lags behind current eBay values by a few months.

I posted about this in the Bronze thread but I'll mention it here too. Batman #366 (1983) First Appearance of Jason Todd as Robin is heating up on eBay. Consistently selling for way more than the $20 high on KC. 

It's interesting that people are finally waking up to this. JLI is probably my favorite superhero title of all time, so I've been picking these up for a buck a pop for years. I'm currently re-reading the JLI Omni Vol 2, and man, it makes me really wish Adam was still using that style. I mean, what he's doing now is fine, but that classic, Dave Stevens-esque style (with a little Kevin Nowlan and Steve Rude thrown in), with the beautifully illustrated and lush line work, that's what made me a lifelong fan. At some point he was bitten by a radiactive Drew Struzan, so now everything he does has that diffused, soft, painted look. But classic Hughes with pencil and pen/brush? That's the sweet stuff.

On 2/12/2022 at 7:26 AM, F For Fake said:

It's interesting that people are finally waking up to this. JLI is probably my favorite superhero title of all time, so I've been picking these up for a buck a pop for years. I'm currently re-reading the JLI Omni Vol 2, and man, it makes me really wish Adam was still using that style. I mean, what he's doing now is fine, but that classic, Dave Stevens-esque style (with a little Kevin Nowlan and Steve Rude thrown in), with the beautifully illustrated and lush line work, that's what made me a lifelong fan. At some point he was bitten by a radiactive Drew Struzan, so now everything he does has that diffused, soft, painted look. But classic Hughes with pencil and pen/brush? That's the sweet stuff.

Completely agree! I've nearly finished collecting the complete Adam Hughes JLI/A vol 2 run. While everyone loves his covers these days, his interior pencils back then were awesome too. I've actually been reading them not just ogling the covers & it's like Seinfield meets Superheroes :) I can see why I loved it as a kid. While it's nice that Key Collector is finally including #31 as a key, it would be good if their description actually stated it is his first published DC art and one of his earliest covers.