• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

I think that I asked for "Dave stevens" books in most of the Christmas boards stuff for years or since I joined.

They used to be common....

I don't think that I ever got much of it, which isn't the point, :makepoint:

The point is!! That we're to say our interests and I go for all grade price and etc. ranges, with "Dave stevens being the 'lower' echelon" lol:roflmao:

I guess either that is why I never got them, too dear to their heart, or wasn't deemed worthy. As of now it is probably safe to say THAT I need some newer suitable options as to not put anyone out :shy: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Nice. It is about time that the Dave Stevens books started popping across the board. 

Based on what was in the last collection I bought, I hope Richard Corben's Fantagor follows suit as I have a log box or two lol 

On 2/2/2024 at 5:55 PM, pmpknface said:

Fyi, there is a cool movie about Dave on amazon prime.

That's true too, many posted having watched it in the Dave Stevens thread. Not many new acquisitions posted in that thread as of late or in a while, and yet when they were, it was the rarities.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 2/3/2024 at 4:08 PM, littledoom said:

that came out a long while ago though

Came out a over a year ago but being on demand people watch when they can / want. Best theory I got.

What's yours?

On 2/4/2024 at 9:10 AM, ygogolak said:

Came out a over a year ago but being on demand people watch when they can / want. Best theory I got.

What's yours?

I have no theory.. but that's a pretty good explanation. I didn't see it right away until it came out on Tubi for free. Sometimes over the years I'll randomly listen to a band and  tell myself I should buy on a shirt on ebay so I can represent and show how much I like them

I see a lot of action on Dave Stevens books over on Instagram with a lot of new interest and first-timers being introduced to his work from the documentary. A lot of IG accounts that post sales results and price spiking content has zoned in and featured a ton of Dave stuff.

The market definitely feels alive with people posting/sharing all new highs on raws and slabs. 

Watching the Rocketeer in theaters is one of my favorite movie memories and experiences. 

On 2/6/2024 at 2:57 AM, pabstbluerobot said:

The market definitely feels alive with people posting/sharing all new highs on raws and slabs.

That man could draw.  Some very impressive results on eBay  

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1311&_nkw=dave+stevens&_sacat=0&_odkw=fantastic+four+199&_osacat=0&_sop=16&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

Think I’ve got most.  Time to dig em up and get them graded. 

On 2/6/2024 at 2:23 AM, godzilla43 said:

Does anyone has a Seduction of the Innocent 1 2-D Edition? Is it really limited to 100 copies? :whatthe:

Do you have a photo? I've never heard of this edition

On 2/6/2024 at 5:27 AM, ThothAmon said:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1311&_nkw=dave+stevens&_sacat=0&_odkw=fantastic+four+199&_osacat=0&_sop=16&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

Wow, those prices are crazy...time for me to dust off the Dave Stevens box and get those on E-bay...

On 2/6/2024 at 6:27 AM, ThothAmon said:

One of my OO copies that I submitted just over a year ago.  Shortly after receiving it back, I got it reholdered to fix the splotchiness issue on the front cover.  I need to take a new pic!

:cloud9:

IMG_20220905_205804.thumb.jpg.75cb4863796753435f7fedba89afa27b.jpg

I think when I got it back there was a recorded sale around then for about $800.  That link to the ebay results shows a recent sale about 50% higher!

Edited by Warlord

On 2/8/2024 at 2:42 AM, Brock said:

Eclipse Comics published all of its 3-D comics in very limited editions, typically about 100 copies, for the small portion of the population that is physically unable to see 3-D images. If I recall correctly, Eclipse editor cat yronwoode suffered form this condition, so they made a point of offering these by mail order.

These are all extremely rare. The Miracleman 2-D edition is well known within Miracleman circle, and can costs thousands. Others are less well known, but believe me, the Stevens collectors have been watching for these for years now...

Thanks for the info. 

On 2/6/2024 at 8:23 PM, godzilla43 said:

Also in Want List 13 people have added that to their collection in past six months (shrug)

Sometimes I write without even thinking what I am writing. What is so strange about that people are adding hard to find stuff in their WANT LIST :D  Somehow my brain interpreted want list -> collection. Bad brain.

I have 3 of the 2D comics from Eclipse.2 are Hamster books.Can't remember what the other is.Don't even know which box it's in.Oddly enough,they were all supposed to be signed and numbered but 2 of mine arn't signed which makes me think they were picked up after the flood.