• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Building a Wall Unit for CGC slabs.

124 posts in this topic

Just about ready for paint. I had to touch up the last few nail heads and dents. A little light sanding will finish it off. I'll wipe everything down with a tack cloth and start painting later. That's as far as I am.

I'm also going to put some type of felt bumpers on he corners to keep the unit from scratching the walls, and sticking.

I need to go and get the mounting screws also. I'll be back later with the finished product.

wallunitforcomics024.jpg

I trace the outline of the backing and remove the shelves. I used my 6 foot level clamped down as a guide for my cordless saw. A veneer blade is a must for cutting thin stock like this.

But first I scored the line with a sharp utility knife. Made several passes. This reduces the amount of splintering to almost zero, and this thin krap likes to splinter.

wallunitforcomics018.jpg

Nice trick (the level w/the quick clamps)- hadn't thought of that.

I trace the outline of the backing and remove the shelves. I used my 6 foot level clamped down as a guide for my cordless saw. A veneer blade is a must for cutting thin stock like this.

But first I scored the line with a sharp utility knife. Made several passes. This reduces the amount of splintering to almost zero, and this thin krap likes to splinter.

wallunitforcomics018.jpg

Nice trick (the level w/the quick clamps)- hadn't thought of that.

Works good for ripping a board when you don't have a table saw, too.