• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Wizard World St. Louis March 22-24, 2013

119 posts in this topic

I have been busy the last several months buying several small and a couple of large collections. Mostly 60's and 70's with some 40's and 50's sprinkled in. Grades are all over the place.

Not very much in ways of Silver age #1's except low grade JLA and Sgt Fury as well as DD 1, Iron Man 1 and Surfer 1. A lot of Bronze #1's and keys with TOD 1, Werewolf 1, Iron Fist 1 & 14, Marvel Premiere 15, Swamp Thing 1, X-men 94, Forever People 1, GL 40, 59, 76 etc.

When going through my regular inventory boxes you will see low and high grades mixed in.

I have picked up collections from IL, KY, PA and TN in last 6 months. I will have 30 long boxes that have never seen a comic show (by me anyway). I have sold at a couple small mid-west 1 day shows this year but that was to blow out some $1 comics as well as some stale picked over inventory.

Some of my best bargains are my $3 and $5 comic boxes which have a lot of 10 & 12 cent comics. I will have 12 new boxes of this type stuff.

I will be at booths 521 and 523. Look for the Leroy Harper Comics banner. Troy Neely (local St Louisian) will have part of the end cap with me and will have his own wall display. He usually has a good looking set of wall books.

Stop by and say hello.

Thanks for reading.

Leroy

Looking forward to seeing you Leroy! Sounds like you have some good stuff!

When going to a show I know which boxes to go through by asking Chuck which ones he's already been in, then beating him to the ones he's not looked through yet.

:eek:

I have been busy the last several months buying several small and a couple of large collections. Mostly 60's and 70's with some 40's and 50's sprinkled in. Grades are all over the place.

Not very much in ways of Silver age #1's except low grade JLA and Sgt Fury as well as DD 1, Iron Man 1 and Surfer 1. A lot of Bronze #1's and keys with TOD 1, Werewolf 1, Iron Fist 1 & 14, Marvel Premiere 15, Swamp Thing 1, X-men 94, Forever People 1, GL 40, 59, 76 etc.

When going through my regular inventory boxes you will see low and high grades mixed in.

I have picked up collections from IL, KY, PA and TN in last 6 months. I will have 30 long boxes that have never seen a comic show (by me anyway). I have sold at a couple small mid-west 1 day shows this year but that was to blow out some $1 comics as well as some stale picked over inventory.

Some of my best bargains are my $3 and $5 comic boxes which have a lot of 10 & 12 cent comics. I will have 12 new boxes of this type stuff.

I will be at booths 521 and 523. Look for the Leroy Harper Comics banner. Troy Neely (local St Louisian) will have part of the end cap with me and will have his own wall display. He usually has a good looking set of wall books.

Stop by and say hello.

Thanks for reading.

Leroy

Looking forward to seeing you Leroy! Sounds like you have some good stuff!

When going to a show I know which boxes to go through by asking Chuck which ones he's already been in, then beating him to the ones he's not looked through yet.

lol Leroy always has good stuff!

Less than 4 days to go :banana:

Booth #347

Where were you all headed when we passed you on the interstate?

It was just me in the van. I was heading to Atlanta to visit my gdsons and gddaughters. Now I'm in east st. Louis about 20 minutes from the show already.

Jeff

Don't stop in East St Louis!

Drive!

Drive!

:ohnoez: I'm in the car!! I don't know where I'm going, but I'm out!!

I don't think I'm exactly in east st. Louis though. hm

No street lights in East StL. They've all been shot out.

Seriously man. I did some home inspections on repo houses there. The worst place I ever had to go. I was sure my cracka arse was gettin capped.

Its ok. I am sure Jeff is packing heat.

I am in my hotel across from the con. I gave all potential thugs some kit kat and twix bars and they seemed cool with that.

Since we had never had any kind of con near the size of this, I was skeptical of the turnout, but I have to say that the crowd was much larger than I had anticipated. May have had something to do with some of the schools being out on Spring Break, I don't know. Picked up a stack of vg-fineish ASM's from Leroy Harper Comics, and had a fine experience in doing so. Great prices and accomodating service at the booth. Highly recommended. Looking forward to heading back in the AM.

Since we had never had any kind of con near the size of this, I was skeptical of the turnout, but I have to say that the crowd was much larger than I had anticipated. May have had something to do with some of the schools being out on Spring Break, I don't know. Picked up a stack of vg-fineish ASM's from Leroy Harper Comics, and had a fine experience in doing so. Great prices and accomodating service at the booth. Highly recommended. Looking forward to heading back in the AM.

:blush:

Thanks for the kind words. We had a great day. Looks like a big winter storm coming late tonight.

Leroy

I cut my trip short to St. Louis and left the show yesterday @ 6pm to head back to the KC. Good thing I did, I hit rain about half way home, snow rain mix about 30 miles from home and almost white out conditions a mile from home. This morning woke up to 7.5 inches of snow.

Even I had to cut my trip short, Ireally enjoyed the show. I got to see JJ and Dre, and meeting TROY and MENACE. Looked at some great books at Harley's booth and Dale Roberts booth.

I hope everyone that is still there is able to get out tonight/tomorrow! I left my thoughts in another thread about the con but I was very excited to pick up two SA books I had been looking for for a long time in high grade (9.2-9.4). I am more of a modern collector so there was not alot being shown for my tastes but my golden age Nedor beater collection gained about 15 books!

:cool: Cool Show picked up lots of Comics, I got my only Double Cover of the Show from Leroy Haper a Avengers Issue and he gave me a great deal on it and a 30 cent Amazing Spider-Man Variant. Was hoping to run into DiceX at the show and say hi but maybe another time, I did get to finally see Stan Lee and the Fonz though. :)

:( Got up this morning and the Snow was coming down hard and the News was calling for 6 to 10 inches so I got the Flock out of there about 8:30 am. the roads were a mess but we finally got out ahead of it and got back to TN. Just wondering anyone who stayed how much snow did St. Louis get today? :gossip:

Glad you like the double cover and good to see you. It has been a while.

We left the show at 5:50 pm and drove straight home 165 miles and got in at 9:10 so it wasn't as bad our way on the road.

I really enjoyed the show and hope to set-up next year.

Focused on Planet Con now.

St Louis news said 13 inches total, but it is still coming down right now.

Official total in downtown StL was 15.4".

We only had about 8" where I live, so we got off lucky.

Absolutely nothing left on any of the roads by noon today.

:cool: Cool Show picked up lots of Comics, I got my only Double Cover of the Show from Leroy Haper a Avengers Issue and he gave me a great deal on it and a 30 cent Amazing Spider-Man Variant. Was hoping to run into DiceX at the show and say hi but maybe another time, I did get to finally see Stan Lee and the Fonz though. :)

:( Got up this morning and the Snow was coming down hard and the News was calling for 6 to 10 inches so I got the Flock out of there about 8:30 am. the roads were a mess but we finally got out ahead of it and got back to TN. Just wondering anyone who stayed how much snow did St. Louis get today? :gossip:

I wish I'd known you were coming. We could have hooked up.

There were several boardies that I didn't get a chance to meet. :(