• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

So should I get the first Dark Souls?

I've been throwing around this idea because of some of the talk in this thread and other places. I've been reading reviews and what not and I'm intrigued. At the same time, I've become a very passive gamer. I like a good challenge, but I don't want to be totally defeated either.

I love games like Fallout, Skyrim, Dragon Age, Fables, and others. I've been playing the Fable Anniversary game which I really enjoy, but the game is so slow paced. I want something that is going to captivate me and keep me interested.

So, again, should I pick it up?

With there being such a large component of the game relying on other players online, hint messages and summoning help. I'd say pick it up soon before people stop playing it if you ever intend to.

Playing Demon's Souls, the first of the three, is pretty lonely.

With there being such a large component of the game relying on other players online, hint messages and summoning help. I'd say pick it up soon before people stop playing it if you ever intend to.

Getting help is key to defeating Dark Souls 1, unless you mod your game and have unlimited health. Some bosses are nearly impossible to take down solo.

[font:Book Antiqua]Looks Amazing!

Who is the villain who shot Batman?[/font]

:applause:

His name is Arkham Knight, supposedly a new character created for the game, but a lot of people are speculating it might be someone already in the DCU retooled a bit.

Getting help is key to defeating Dark Souls 1, unless you mod your game and have unlimited health. Some bosses are nearly impossible to take down solo.

Mmm I wouldn't go that far. Most bosses, even the very difficult ones, have a weakness to exploit.

And there are NPC's that can help as well, if you aren't playing online.

The reason I am buying a next ten console. I am hoping they will have an Arkham Knight bundle for the release so I can at least save a few bucks there.

Right now I'm happily picking up great games for my PS3 for a fraction of what they sold for on release.

However...I know I'm eventually going to get a PlayStation 4...and this game is probably going to make me want it sooner than I normally would.

Would be even more tempting if they would also announce Red Dead Redemption 2 for the PS4. :cloud9:

I'm finding the COD4 campaign much more difficult than Ghosts.

I thought the campaign in Call of Duty 4 was outstanding. One of the things that disappointed me the most was how much they jumped ship on making quality campaigns following the game. I felt like they were never of the same caliber.

I'm finding the COD4 campaign much more difficult than Ghosts.

Wait, there's a campaign in COD4?!?

;)

The Infinity Ward CODs actually have good campaigns, particularly with MW2.

MW2 was the best of the modern warfares as far as campaigns go. I did like some elements of the BO2 campaign, especially with how the decisions factored into the ending. It was pretty bland otherwise though.

I'm still waiting for Activision to give us a pure COD zombie game. Even with all the powerups and upgrades, zombie mode gets pretty old after awhile.