• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Anybody play street fighter 4 online? Don't know if it was talked about earlier
I've played quite a bit, SFIV/SSFIV/SSFIVAE 300+ hours or so :ohnoez:

What's your question?

PlayStation Flash Sale knocks 28 PS3 and PS Vita games down to $1

July 11, 2014

Brace yourself, PlayStation fans. All weekend long, you’ll be able to nab as many as 28 different PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, and PlayStation Vita games for just $0.99, Sony confirms. It’s a diverse lineup of new-ish releases (The Cave, Thomas Was Alone), old favorites (Syphon Filter 1-3, Dino Crisis 1-2), and bizarre deep cuts (Malicious).

You don’t need to be a PlayStation Plus member or anything like that. Just head to your PlayStation Store of choice and you’ll find each of the games listed marked down to a $1. The sale is active right now, and it runs until Monday, July 14 at 12pm PT. Get these games while the getting’s good.

View the full list of discounted games right here.

Here is the link to the 99 cent Flash Sale in the Playstation Store.

You're welcome. (thumbs u

I'll be getting the two Dino Crisis games as well. I'm not familiar at all with many of the games on the list...but some of the screen shots do look pretty cool in the PlayStation store. Since they're so cheap, I'm also considering and will probably get Papa & Yo, The Cave, Machinarium, and Tekken 2,

Does anyone else have any suggestions from the list? For those that don't want to click on the links....here is the list of PlayStation games on sale this weekend only for 99 cents...along with the prices they are normally listed for.

99cent_PSsale.jpg

July 11, 2014

Brace yourself, PlayStation fans. All weekend long, you’ll be able to nab as many as 28 different PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, and PlayStation Vita games for just $0.99, Sony confirms. It’s a diverse lineup of new-ish releases (The Cave, Thomas Was Alone), old favorites (Syphon Filter 1-3, Dino Crisis 1-2), and bizarre deep cuts (Malicious).

You don’t need to be a PlayStation Plus member or anything like that. Just head to your PlayStation Store of choice and you’ll find each of the games listed marked down to a $1. The sale is active right now, and it runs until Monday, July 14 at 12pm PT. Get these games while the getting’s good.

[font:Book Antiqua]Thank you for the tip, I buy this 3:

Papa & Yo, The Cave & Machinarium.[/font]

(thumbs u

[font:Book Antiqua]

Recommendation:

Last week I finish Journey,

This is a great and beautiful game...

5 Stars, try and enjoy...[/font]

(thumbs u

Journey-Title-Logo_zps77c449c8.jpg

5stars_zps87b2255d.jpg

is on my list of games to play

July 11, 2014

(thumbs u

Thanks.as well. (thumbs u

btw Dino Crisis is awesome!

Anyone going to be playing the Destiny beta? I'm excited to check it out. I thought the E3 footage was kind of bland, but what they showed us a year or so ago looked incredible.
i still need to preorder it

Anyone going to be playing the Destiny beta? I'm excited to check it out. I thought the E3 footage was kind of bland, but what they showed us a year or so ago looked incredible.
i still need to preorder it

Do it soon if you have a Playstation. The Beta starts soon and is longer on the playstation. I believe it is the 17th.

July 11, 2014

(thumbs u

Thanks.as well. (thumbs u

btw Dino Crisis is awesome!

No problem. I ended up getting:

• Machinarium
  • The Cave
  • Papo & Yo
  • Tekken® 2
  • Dino Crisis
  • Dino Crisis 2

Regular Price: $52.94

Total Price I Paid: $5.94

:cloud9:

[font:Book Antiqua]Recommendation:

Last week I finish Journey,

This is a great and beautiful game...

5 Stars, try and enjoy...[/font]

(thumbs u

is on my list of games to play

I got the Journey Collectors Edition (with Journey, Flower, and flOw) on sale at Amazon a while back but haven't played it yet. Thanks for your impression of the game, MagnusX. I'll have to try and get to it pretty soon.

One chart shows the wild fluctuation in game console prices over the years

By Jacob Siegal

When we try to justify the price we pay for a game console, we rarely think back past the last generation. At just $400, the PlayStation 4 is a steal compared to its $600 predecessor, yet Microsoft has received plenty of flak for launching the Xbox One at $500. What’s interesting is that when we step back just a few generations further, prices suddenly plummet to $300 or less.

Several months ago, a Reddit user put together a chart which shows how much every home console would cost after the price has been adjusted for inflation. Surprisingly, even with nearly 40 years between today and the release of the Atari 2600, the PS4 and Xbox One are still two of the more expensive consoles ever to hit the market. Of course, they can’t compete with the ludicrously priced NeoGeo or 3DO, but our tolerance for expensive electronics has clearly grown over the past few decades.

One of the most obvious explanations for our newfound willingness to put up with higher prices would be the enhanced functionality of the modern gaming console. The PS4, Xbox One and Wii U all are very capable Netflix machines, and the former two consoles have dozens of additional apps for watching sports, downloading movies and streaming live gameplay sessions to Twitch.

console_prices.jpg