• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

I'd also add, XBox did a much better job with E3 than Sony. That isn't even my opinion. I read a lot of experts that said the access and amount of content that XBox had far surpassed Sony.

Doing a Yahoo search for "who won E3" and looking at the results...I didn't see an article favoring Microsoft. They either chose Sony or Nintendo as the winner. Having sad that....I have seen articles favoring Microsoft as coming out on top at E3 this year....but they are far from being the majority.

Games Radar

"Putting on my personal-preference hat, I’d say that Sony and Ubisoft absolutely smashed it. Of all the conferences, they were the most confident, balanced, and forward-looking. With real verve and swagger, they showed the titles that really made me sit up and pay attention-- Far Cry 4, Rainbow Six: Siege, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, LBP3--the ones that made me truly excited for the next 12 months of gaming. "

Game On

"Who do you think won E3? We would give the vote to Sony but only just."

Mistranslations for the Modern Gamer

"Because of the strength of Nintendo’s roster, I’d put them above Microsoft. As for whether they managed to beat Sony, I’m not so sure. Both showed games that I feel obligated to play. In the end, however, I’m giving this year to Sony for one simple reason: the games they showed were more inventive than the rest. I saw more innovation on Sony’s side than either competitor and that speaks well for the future of the industry as we move forward."

Poll on Game Spot Forum

"Who won E3 2014? (POLL) (590 votes)"

1st place: Nintendo (38%)

2nd place: Sony (34%)

3rd place: Microsoft (22%)

Interesting… Maybe I'm wrong then… Although 590 votes isn't a lot…

I'd also heard Nintendo's showing was pretty poor, but again I only heard that though.

Did anyone see the Destiny footage? I wasn't all that impressed and I'm a bit disappointed.

To be honest, I don't really think there was a clear winner this year. Opinions seem to vary based on what type of games an individual is interested in.

I'm more of a PS guy...although I do own a PS3 and an Xbox 360....but I think the game I was most intrigued about (other than games like the new Batman) was Inside for the Xbox One.

There's always so much of the same (shooters, etc.), that different games like that always seem to pique my interest.

And I think that poll was just something that one of the members on their forum started. It wasn't like an official Game Spot poll or anything.

I also didn't watch the Nintendo footage, so I'm not really sure why some people are rating it so high.

To be honest, I don't really think there was a clear winner this year. Opinions seem to vary based on what type of games an individual is interested in.

I'm more of a PS guy...although I do own a PS3 and an Xbox 360....but I think the game I was most intrigued about (other than games like the new Batman) was Inside for the Xbox One.

There's always so much of the same (shooters, etc.), that different games like that always seem to pique my interest.

And I think that poll was just something that one of the members on their forum started. It wasn't like an official Game Spot poll or anything.

I also didn't watch the Nintendo footage, so I'm not really sure why some people are rating it so high.

I owned both an XBox 360 and PS3. I played and used my XBox a lot more, but the games that blew me away were on the PS3.

I imagine sometime soon I'll pick up a PS4. It will probably be well timed with a new Unchartered game or even The Last of Us 2. It will most likely be around the time of The Last of Us- I thought Unchartered 3 was sort of a let down compared to 2. The Last of Us was incredible though.

I owned both an XBox 360 and PS3. I played and used my XBox a lot more, but the games that blew me away were on the PS3.

I imagine sometime soon I'll pick up a PS4. It will probably be well timed with a new Unchartered game or even The Last of Us 2. It will most likely be around the time of The Last of Us- I thought Unchartered 3 was sort of a let down compared to 2. The Last of Us was incredible though.

TLOU is a masterpiece.

TLOU is a masterpiece.

When I sold my PS3, the only game I had left was The Last of Us. I had a hard time parting with it.

It was truly incredible. I even enjoyed the multiplayer.

TLOU is a masterpiece.

When I sold my PS3, the only game I had left was The Last of Us. I had a hard time parting with it.

I'm looking forward to the "remastered edition" for the PS4 next month. It has the DLC prologue on it, and upgraded visuals. A nice excuse to play it again. :cloud9:

TLOU is a masterpiece.

I'm not a fan of multiplayers, but in that game, I was just hooked. That game is literally a MASTERPIECE.

TLOU is a masterpiece.

I'm looking forward to the "remastered edition" for the PS4 next month. It has the DLC prologue on it, and upgraded visuals. A nice excuse to play it again. :cloud9:

I'm extremely excited as well. TLOU is probably the only game I'd consider buying again

i just started to play infinite crisis on PC is any body else playing this game.

I have been trying to get into Infinite Crisis. The controls feel "sluggish" compared to DOTA 2. I am not to crazy about the UI either.

Edited by blazeops

TLOU is a masterpiece.

+1

Anyone played Watchdogs yet? I didn't like it at first, but it is growing on me. I think the varied amount of things to do make it a lot of fun. The hacking added on make it different enough from GTA. It is sort of cool how you can hide and take out all the bad guys if you wait.

It doesn't do anything exceptionally well, but it does everything which make it fun.

I was going through some stuff in the garage and came across this ad, from a comic I guess. It's a game that my kids and I played with fervency back in the Super Nintendo days. I still have the game but playing it is a long quest and too slow for family get togethers. The ad reminds me of those times :cloud9:

Flashbackad_zps4d0a75c5.jpg

Edited by Senormac

Guys, I can not recommend 'Shovel Knight' enough. I found this review online, so I thought I'd share to try and convince some of you to buy this asap!

My only real complaint is it's too short, but overall a great game.