• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Just a head's up for those of you who like getting new games day 1:

Bestbuy and Amazon are running promotions where if you pre-order 3 or more games, you get 30% off each. The offer is only good until the end of E3,

I'm a sucker for getting games I want day one, so I've pre-ordered 15 PS4 titles. :insane:

Do you have a link or something about them running the promo? I have all the stuff added in my cart and doesn't mention the 30%

Hmm...wen't to amazon.com and bestbuy.com and I don't see it. It might be Canada only.

I went to amazon.ca and I see that special right now

Same as bestbuy.ca

Sonuva. That would be a great promo. First universal healthcare, now video game discounts. When will the suffering for the US ever end?

For the past year, games have gone up from $59.99 to $69.99 here, which probably has something to do with our dollar dropping relative to the US dollar. So the promotion is good, but not as good as it might sound because we're getting 30% off of $69.99 not $59.99.

Most of the ones I saw were $59.99CA or so. Even with any currency difference, good deal. I tried but it would not let me ship to my US address. No promo for US buyers. FU Canada.

I take it you looked at Amazon.ca; they're being tricky with the promo. They're listing stuff at a "discounted" $59.99 and saying you can save "up to 30%" by pre-ordering, but what is not made clear is that they're factoring in their already "discounted" list price. In other words, it works out to the same as buying from Bestbuy.ca who lists everything at the standard $69.99 or $64.99 price, and takes 30% off that. Same deal. And at bestbuy.ca, you can pre-order as many games as you want, whereas amazon.ca is limiting it to 5.

Again, great promotion, not complaining, but you guys get the better deals and cheaper prices generally.

I may finally break down and buy a latest gen console in 2015...

http://starwars.ea.com/battlefront.html

Star Wars Battlefront may be the game that enables me to pull the trigger.

Yeah i just got done catching up on all the E3 stuff and what i took away from it was : Too be released in 2015 :taptaptap:

And by 2015 both the X1 and PS4 should have implemented all the features they touted at reveal :facepalm:

Still have plenty of unplayed/unfinished current gen games

If this is what the finale product will actually look like, color me impressed.

yeah this got a lot of people excited about the game. i love the fact the he is not playing it safe but trying to give Zelda that open world feel.

SOB! They pushed Batman back to 2015? I just got an Xbox One this weekend.

lol:pullhair:

I'm beginning to wonder if any more games are actually going to be released this year or if they're all going to be pushed back. Now granted...I'd rather have a game delayed a bit to ensure it comes out polished and working properly.

I'll get a new system eventually....but I'll likely wait until sometime next year.

Super psyched about the next-gen GTA V release. I beat it on my PS3 back when it came out, but ended up selling my PS3 (and the game) after I got the X-Bone for X-mas. Instantly missed GTA V. I don't look forward to grinding through all of the missions again, but there's just so much to do, I can't imagine not picking the game up again.

Super psyched about the next-gen GTA V release. I beat it on my PS3 back when it came out, but ended up selling my PS3 (and the game) after I got the X-Bone for X-mas. Instantly missed GTA V. I don't look forward to grinding through all of the missions again, but there's just so much to do, I can't imagine not picking the game up again.
yeah i beat it also and never when back to it but i don't mind playing are over again, especially how beautiful it looks for next-gen.

All of you X-Bone buyers made a mistake. All 7 of you.

:baiting:

I'm not so sure about that though. Sony as a company is really hurting. It would make me worried about the future.

I'd also add, XBox did a much better job with E3 than Sony. That isn't even my opinion. I read a lot of experts that said the access and amount of content that XBox had far surpassed Sony.

I'm a little pissed that they are releasing the One without the Kinect though. I'd have gladly saved $100 and not had a Kinect.

I'm not so sure about that though. Sony as a company is really hurting. It would make me worried about the future.

I'd also add, XBox did a much better job with E3 than Sony. That isn't even my opinion. I read a lot of experts that said the access and amount of content that XBox had far surpassed Sony.

I'm a little pissed that they are releasing the One without the Kinect though. I'd have gladly saved $100 and not had a Kinect.

I'm mostly kidding.

I saw both conferences, and I don't think either one stood out over the other. The PS4 is getting more exclusives I'm interested in, which is the only thing I really care about. If I see a bunch of X-Bone exclusives, I'll happily pick up the $400 bundle without Kinect. I'm just waiting for a reason.

I'm mostly kidding.

I saw both conferences, and I don't think either one stood out over the other. The PS4 is getting more exclusives I'm interested in, which is the only thing I really care about. If I see a bunch of X-Bone exclusives, I'll happily pick up the $400 bundle without Kinect. I'm just waiting for a reason.

to me the only games that have my attention for the X-Bone is sunset overdrive and halo master chief collection.

Doing a Yahoo search for "who won E3" and looking at the results...I didn't see an article favoring Microsoft. They either chose Sony or Nintendo as the winner. Having sad that....I have seen articles favoring Microsoft as coming out on top at E3 this year....but they are far from being the majority.

Games Radar

"Putting on my personal-preference hat, I’d say that Sony and Ubisoft absolutely smashed it. Of all the conferences, they were the most confident, balanced, and forward-looking. With real verve and swagger, they showed the titles that really made me sit up and pay attention-- Far Cry 4, Rainbow Six: Siege, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, LBP3--the ones that made me truly excited for the next 12 months of gaming. "

Game On

"Who do you think won E3? We would give the vote to Sony but only just."

Mistranslations for the Modern Gamer

"Because of the strength of Nintendo’s roster, I’d put them above Microsoft. As for whether they managed to beat Sony, I’m not so sure. Both showed games that I feel obligated to play. In the end, however, I’m giving this year to Sony for one simple reason: the games they showed were more inventive than the rest. I saw more innovation on Sony’s side than either competitor and that speaks well for the future of the industry as we move forward."

Poll on Game Spot Forum

"Who won E3 2014? (POLL) (590 votes)"

1st place: Nintendo (38%)

2nd place: Sony (34%)

3rd place: Microsoft (22%)

I'd have no reason to worry about the future of Playstation. Their console sales speak for themselves. They have PS Now and PS TV getting people excited. Project Morpheus is something to look forward to. Devs are favoring Playstation. And their games are only starting to come out.