• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Just a head's up for those of you who like getting new games day 1:

Bestbuy and Amazon are running promotions where if you pre-order 3 or more games, you get 30% off each. The offer is only good until the end of E3,

I'm a sucker for getting games I want day one, so I've pre-ordered 15 PS4 titles. :insane:

Bestbuy and Amazon are running promotions where if you pre-order 3 or more games, you get 30% off each. The offer is only good until the end of E3,

I'm a sucker for getting games I want day one, so I've pre-ordered 15 PS4 titles. :insane:

wow 15 games and which ones

It's not as crazy as it sounds since some of them won't be out until well into 2015, but I figured I'd lock them in at a lower price since I get a kick out of day 1 purchases. Here's the list, all PS4:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

The Last of Us Remastered

The Evil Within

The Order 1886

Dragon Age Inquisition

Far Cry 4

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Batman: Arkham Knight

Final Fantasy XV

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

BloodBorne

Mortal Kombat X

Metro: Redux

Mass Effect 4

Mirror's Edge 2

I tried to add Uncharted 4 and The Rise of Tomb Raider as well, but Best Buy's system wouldn't let me do it because the credit card I'm using expires mid-2015 and the tentative dates they put for Uncharted and Tomb Raider are the end of 2015. I'll try getting those on Amazon for the same discount.

It's not as crazy as it sounds since some of them won't be out until well into 2015, but I figured I'd lock them in at a lower price since I get a kick out of day 1 purchases. Here's the list, all PS4:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

The Last of Us Remastered

The Evil Within

The Order 1886

Dragon Age Inquisition

Far Cry 4

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Batman: Arkham Knight

Final Fantasy XV

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

BloodBorne

Mortal Kombat X

Metro: Redux

Mass Effect 4

Mirror's Edge 2

I tried to add Uncharted 4 and The Rise of Tomb Raider as well, but Best Buy's system wouldn't let me do it because the credit card I'm using expires mid-2015 and the tentative dates they put for Uncharted and Tomb Raider are the end of 2015. I'll try getting those on Amazon for the same discount.

wow

Do you have a link or something about them running the promo? I have all the stuff added in my cart and doesn't mention the 30%

Do you have a link or something about them running the promo? I have all the stuff added in my cart and doesn't mention the 30%

Hmm...wen't to amazon.com and bestbuy.com and I don't see it. It might be Canada only.

Hmm...wen't to amazon.com and bestbuy.com and I don't see it. It might be Canada only.

I went to amazon.ca and I see that special right now

Same as bestbuy.ca

Same as bestbuy.ca

Sonuva. That would be a great promo. First universal healthcare, now video game discounts. When will the suffering for the US ever end?

Same as bestbuy.ca

Sonuva. That would be a great promo. First universal healthcare, now video game discounts. When will the suffering for the US ever end?

For the past year, games have gone up from $59.99 to $69.99 here, which probably has something to do with our dollar dropping relative to the US dollar. So the promotion is good, but not as good as it might sound because we're getting 30% off of $69.99 not $59.99.

Same as bestbuy.ca

For the past year, games have gone up from $59.99 to $69.99 here, which probably has something to do with our dollar dropping relative to the US dollar. So the promotion is good, but not as good as it might sound because we're getting 30% off of $69.99 not $59.99.

Most of the ones I saw were $59.99CA or so. Even with any currency difference, good deal. I tried but it would not let me ship to my US address. No promo for US buyers. FU Canada.