• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Assassin creed is. A legit game you just need to put in a lot of hours

From a technical aspect, I agree with Hockey - the game is breathtaking in what a game is capable of presenting. However, there is a genuine disconnect from the narrative by starting off with Back Flag and Unity as the first Assassin Creed games I have ever played.

I find myself going on Wikipedia right now to see what the backstory is as I believe the developers do not have players like me in mind when creating these sequels.

Friday... I think I am picking up Halo or Titanfall.

*EDIT: Lately I have a hard time sleeping again. Tossing and turning in my bed when an idea hits me. Why wait? Get to half.com and eBay before everyone wakes up in a few hours and gets a new system to go shopping.

Picked up Titanfall for $15 Like New

Picked up Lego Batman 3 Still Sealed for $35.

Edited by Buzzetta

Get the new Call of Duty game Buzz. I got Titanfall and Dead rising but haven't played either. Stuck playing COD

Cheapest I am seeing is on Amazon partnered with Go Hastings for $39.99 + shipping.

However, I see a consistent complaint concerning multi-player and lag due to a lack of a dedicated server. Is it as bad as some are saying? My cousin has it and told me also to pick this up.

I'm still waiting for my gaming staples to be released on PS4. Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls Online, Sims (There is nothing like taking a break and watch someone else do all the housework lol ) and the Resident Evil series.

I like Evil Within, but the controls are off. With a tweak, I feel a sequel would be superior. Last of Us was a great game, WAY too short and too much emphasis on online play. While I don't mind multiplayer ( COD, looking forward to ElderScrolls online) this game just doesnt belong anywhere near it. I LOVED Resident Evil Outbreak, but when they brought it death matches, I never went into that side of the server. I'd rather have teamwork than just go out and kill other players. I wasn't ever a huge COD fan either....I dunno. I don't get that aspect of online play.

Get the new Call of Duty game Buzz. I got Titanfall and Dead rising but haven't played either. Stuck playing COD

Cheapest I am seeing is on Amazon partnered with Go Hastings for $39.99 + shipping.

However, I see a consistent complaint concerning multi-player and lag due to a lack of a dedicated server. Is it as bad as some are saying? My cousin has it and told me also to pick this up.

i haven't seen any real issue, i play during the day mostly so maybe different when more folks are online.

i'm thinking of picking up battlefield 4 and assasins creed for $25 at Newegg

Assassin creed is. A legit game you just need to put in a lot of hours

From a technical aspect, I agree with Hockey - the game is breathtaking in what a game is capable of presenting. However, there is a genuine disconnect from the narrative by starting off with Back Flag and Unity as the first Assassin Creed games I have ever played.

I find myself going on Wikipedia right now to see what the backstory is as I believe the developers do not have players like me in mind when creating these sequels.

Friday... I think I am picking up Halo or Titanfall.

*EDIT: Lately I have a hard time sleeping again. Tossing and turning in my bed when an idea hits me. Why wait? Get to half.com and eBay before everyone wakes up in a few hours and gets a new system to go shopping.

Picked up Titanfall for $15 Like New

Picked up Lego Batman 3 Still Sealed for $35.

Titanfall might be the best next gen game on the XBox One. I just picked up Dragon Age and was enjoying it.

The Halo game is fun, but it is really glitchy. I'd give it another month to let 343 sort it out. The launch was a mess. If you want it for solo, it is great. If you want to do a bit of both (like me) you'll be disappointed with the multiplayer.

Destiny is fun, but you have to be willing to grind. It also helps to have a good deal of friends to do raids. I've never done a raid because I just don't have many friends playing it on the XBox One. You can level up different ways, but the Raids are the fastest way.

I tired to do the NES emulator thing last year on my Mac with the original control pad adapted to a USB. (They sell them on Amazon). Unfortunately I could never get it to work.

I would love to play the original NES games.

Either way... I am still fooling around with Assassin's Creed Black Flag...

I have no idea what is going on. I'm in the past. Then I find out that this is Total Recall. Now I have no investment in the character since it is all a vacation dream anyway. What the?

When the original Assassins Creed came out I thought that some game developer had managed to delve into my mind and create what I would think is the perfect game. Of course the game wasn't perfect but it pretty much had every element I ever dreamed of. Awesome character in amazing open world setting, sweet kill moves and weapons, fighting, 6-8-10-20 enemies at time in realistic fashion. By the time I got to Assassins Creed 3 I was so burnt out I wouldn't pay attention to the cut scenes so I had no idea what was going on. I was a zombie just trying to complete the games.

But i'll never forget the first time I played it, scaled my first point and looked out on the city, just amazing depth in the world's they created for the series.

I totally agree on Assassins Creed. The first game was mind boggling. It was such an awesome game. Then they just kept adding more and more elements and making it really tedious. By 3 I was done. My wife got me the One with a package of two games. One was Black Flag. I went and exchanged it because I just wasn't interested.

The Playstation network's been down all day for me

Same. I'm getting error code 80710092. Nothing I do seems to fix it.

PSN was up an running fine at my brother's house this morning though.

X-Box live is also down, the last I checked this morning. My Nat is open and I am using a hardline connection. Error is on their end in that they cannot handle the traffic.

In an interesting turn of events. My brother gave me his old 360 with a 120gb hd. He heard my X-Box 360 died. lol

Just checked and came back to report the same - hackers take responsibility for shutting everything down.

... what a move on the hacker's part and I hope something heavy falls on them, like a North Korean satellite. Me? I will simply do something else with my time.

However it IS Christmas and there are a LOT of kids unwrapping an X-Box or Playstation who finally got their big gift and would like to test it out. They may not understand that while Santa gave you a new gaming system, the hackers decided you cannot use it today.

Classless and move on Christmas. Doesn't today also mark the 100th anniversary of the Christmas Armistice? People cannot give it a rest for even one day a year?

They won't catch them. It's pretty easy to set up a machine to DDoS a network, especially when they rig it to send the requests from different IP's. What surprises me is that both Microsoft and Sony knew ahead of time that Lizard Squad were going to do this. I also cannot figure out how they haven't been able to come up with a way to deter these types of attacks. And a DDoS attack is not a hack, and it's pretty annoying when people keep calling this a hack attack. It clearly isn't.

Anyone able to log in? Microsoft says it is over, but I still can't log in?

I cannot log in either.

I just got back to it and am dee-nied like Bill Nye the Science Guy.