• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Anyone playing Shadow of Mordor? I tried it for about a week and though it looked great I just couldn't get past the horrible controller layout and took it back. Still enjoying Dark Souls 2 immensely however.

I too am playing DS2 and bought the three DLCs. And am proud to say that I just finally beat the Fume Knight after dying to him about a hundred times!! Now if I can just beat Sir Alonne ill be all set!

Playing The Last of Us, and it has to be one of the toughest games I have played.

Not even talking about the gameplay, but more the situations the characters go through. I finished the game today, and parts of the story almost had me in tears.

I am not usually emotionally attached to anything on the TV, but there are moments in that game that you just cannot ignore. And I think playing the character involves you a bit more.

Truly an epic experience.

Playing The Last of Us, and it has to be one of the toughest games I have played.

Not even talking about the gameplay, but more the situations the characters go through. I finished the game today, and parts of the story almost had me in tears.

I am not usually emotionally attached to anything on the TV, but there are moments in that game that you just cannot ignore. And I think playing the character involves you a bit more.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. Some moments in that game are just truly brutal. But that's why I personally feel that Naughty Dog is the best video game developer. The story they tell can emotionally get to you. Something that not very many developers could pull off

Something we finally agree on. However, I liked it better on the PS4.

:baiting:

So Shadow of Mordor went back to Game Stop, picked up Call of Duty AW, played that, meh... Now I am on to Dragon Age Inquisition, everyone tells me if I liked Skyrim then this is going to be great so I am hopeful.

I'm sort of with you on Shadow. I loved it for a couple of hours, then I lost interest.

I'll probably pick up Dragon Age soon. I actually liked DA2 a lot despite what others said about the game. My only issue was the achievement that didn't pop for me- I'd have 'em all if it did.

Let us know what you think.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. Some moments in that game are just truly brutal. But that's why I personally feel that Naughty Dog is the best video game developer. The story they tell can emotionally get to you. Something that not very many developers could pull off

+1

They also made a fun game to play though. A lot of recent games are either story heavy or gameplay heavy. Naughty Dog has done a nice job balancing the two. I even really enjoyed the multiplayer in The Last of Us.

When the second comes out, I'll be buying a PS4.

+1

They also made a fun game to play though. A lot of recent games are either story heavy or gameplay heavy. Naughty Dog has done a nice job balancing the two. I even really enjoyed the multiplayer in The Last of Us.

Are you not at all planning to play Uncharted 4?

+1

Honestly no not really. I wasn't that impressed with 3 for some reason. 2 was mind blowing and I loved the heck out of it. 3 just seemed so over the top. It was like everything bad that could ever would happen happened.

If reviews are positive, then I will. Like I said, 2 was incredible.

Honestly no not really. I wasn't that impressed with 3 for some reason. 2 was mind blowing and I loved the heck out of it. 3 just seemed so over the top. It was like everything bad that could ever would happen happened.

If reviews are positive, then I will. Like I said, 2 was incredible.

I enjoyed Uncharted 3, except for the sequence where you're walking alone through the desert, which was a drag.