• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Helheim

1,817 posts in this topic

this book is taking nobody "by surprise"

I will bet anybody a beer this book is sold out and going for $20 by tomorrow night. :)

I drink Guinness.

So if I hit the BIN on this, you buy me a beer? :baiting:

Jon, I would always buy you a beer.

But it might be a Labatts.

Light.

I will bet anybody a beer this book is sold out and going for $20 by tomorrow night. :)

I drink Guinness.

:roflmao: He's gotcha there!!

but... I meant the, umm,... ECCC version. Yeah, that's the ticket!

I drink Guinness.

Jon, I would always buy you a beer.

But it might be a Labatts.

Light.

I know you're dissing me with this but I don't disagree. I'd settle for a Yoo-Hoo.

it going for $20, if it happened, wouldnt mean it took people by surprise.

For some perspective. Saga was going for $20 6 months after it came out. Revival was going for $10 4 months after it came out.

Anyone willing to pay $20 on this the day it drops, should keep that in mind.

My local comic shop had about 25 of each the regular and the variant. Anyone notice some small white scuff marks on the very side of the spine, not the cover of the regular version? A lot of the regular version, if not most seemed to have it. Not the variant though.

Read Helheim, action from beginning to end, pretty good stuff. One scene reminded me a bit of World of Warcraft for some reason. Not a bad thing just some dejavu'

I'd rather it didn't go for $20 instantly, gradual increase in price is the best way to go. One sold for $6.00.

It will ... sales should be pretty strong. I reckon we will get another cover too like Son's of the Gun 2nd print.

Edit: There's just no reason they won't want to pump #1 out to as many readers as possible.

like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person I didnt put this on my standing order list with my LCS over the weekend like I did with Sex and Lost Vegas, I wont be able to get there until tomorrow, so probably all gon be sold out.

On plus side I did find it online, so i ordered couple copies of regular cover and phantom variant, I just hope they actually have it in stock.

It's already sold few copies on ebay for 2-4x cover price

Just read issue #1 and I really liked it. Started out slow but after the last few pages, really want to see issue #2.

Then I made the mistake of reading Sex #1 and completely ruined that little buzz I had from Helheim....