• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skywald, Eerie Publications, Stanley Magazines oh my!

483 posts in this topic

I love both THE LOST BOYS and ROTLD!

In fact, I got ROTLD the first day it came out on DVD. Very sentimental. Saw it at the theaters what feels like only yesterday, but guess it was long ago, huh!? I actually convinced the local college radio DJ to play 45 Graves "Party Time" on the air several times back in the day. Love that soundtrack, and also have the LP. Haha, I shoulda ordered some of those "Uneeda Medical Supply" shirts that were advertised on the inserts! ROTLD has a comic connection in that William Stout was production designer. He also improvised that "Weird" or "Weird Trips" comic book that makes a cameo. Love his audio commentary on the DVD!

Just got the LOST BOYS special 2 disk DVD, well worth it! (well, actually a gift from my girlfriend, hehe) One disk dedicated to just special features. Gotta love it. Both movies have so many great one liners. Well, sorry OT but I guess it's no surprise horror mag fans are into these movies.

headbang.gif

throw in re-anmiator, The Changeling & fright Night & you have my 5 favorite 80's horror flicks! thumbsup2.gif

Wow...the Changeling. I need to re-see that movie. I saw it when I was younger (lol...I'm not that old currently)...but I remember it giving me major chills. I'm not even sure if I watched it all?

On my to do list for this weekend!

Weird December 1968. What makes this issue so "weird"? You have male bondage. As stated before Shiver's copy of Shock V2 #2 was the only other time that I have seen male bondage besides some of that Timely Captain America and similiar stuff (bucky and the little dudes being strapped up). Man this dude is really being used for parts. I like how the red eyes have been seamed into the background wall right above the shoulders of the damsel in distress.

589234-Weird_Dec_1968.jpg

589234-Weird_Dec_1968.jpg.160ec7c46977f0ff461e91f8cf8d4b66.jpg

Yes that cover is up there with the Weird Dec. 1969 Meatgrinder cover, maybe 2 notches below.

This Weird April 1968 cover rocks too. Not in the gruesome way, but more as you stated earlier Shiver in the "sexually deviant" manner. Check out the lingerie that is exposed at the ladies hip from a tear in her skirt. YOWZAH! gossip.gif

589627-Weird_April_1968.jpg

589627-Weird_April_1968.jpg.b4ab5b7d16acc72abcab703f4f3e6c92.jpg

Check these badboys out. Published under M.F. Enterprises which actually has the same building address as Eerie Publications. Must have been a spin off or another branch of Eerie Pub.

These are pretty darn cool. Many of the Great West books had boo-boo covers, but there were some real keepers in there.

590176-Great_West_Oct_1968.jpg

590176-Great_West_Dec_1968.jpg

590176-Great_West_Dec_1968.jpg.f5f095c0c864157b55fc0fd130f6d14b.jpg

"M.F. Publishing" probably stands for Myron Fass. Fass was a pre-code artist, and I believe Eerie Pubs was his brainchild. confused-smiley-013.gif

You continue to impress me with your extensive knowledge about this genre Keith! Glad to have you around man. That sounds like you probably are right.

-bounty

"M.F. Publishing" probably stands for Myron Fass. Fass was a pre-code artist, and I believe Eerie Pubs was his brainchild. confused-smiley-013.gif

You continue to impress me with your extensive knowledge about this genre Keith! Glad to have you around man. That sounds like you probably are right.

-bounty

Thanks! thumbsup2.gif The nicest thing anybody has said to me all day!

I read somewhere that Myron Fass was somewhat eccentric. He also published gun mags (and a bazillion other mags on various exploitative subjects), and carried guns around the office. He would use them to intimidate "problem" co-workers from what I've heard. I think he eventually quit the publishing game after supposedly making millions, and retired to Florida where he changed his name and ran a gun shop.

I'll add in that I received your issues of Horror Comics Review and thought they were a blast! Enjoyed the articles and reviews very much, will be reading ish. # 4 tonight.

Hey, they might even be posted up in this very thread one day. idea.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

I'll add in that I received your issues of Horror Comics Review and thought they were a blast! Enjoyed the articles and reviews very much, will be reading ish. # 4 tonight.

Hey, they might even be posted up in this very thread one day. idea.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Hey, thanks!!! cloud9.gif

It makes me feel like all the "toil" is worthwhile when I find out other fans are enjoying the 'zines! Glad you like 'em!!! thumbsup2.gif

-bounty

OK, here's your chance to return the favor and enlighten me with some knowledge that I'm sure you have.

Question: I just bought a Psycho 1974 Fall-Special. Thing is, there is no issue number listed. My Overstreet checklist says it ought to be # 22, and my usually more reliable Trashfiend checklist makes no reference to a '74 Fall Special. So: is Overstreet right?

OK, here's your chance to return the favor and enlighten me with some knowledge that I'm sure you have.

Question: I just bought a Psycho 1974 Fall-Special. Thing is, there is no issue number listed. My Overstreet checklist says it ought to be # 22, and my usually more reliable Trashfiend checklist makes no reference to a '74 Fall Special. So: is Overstreet right?

Well Here's the deal. There is no Issue #22. You are correct with the '74 Fall Special. Since the '74 Fall Special came out between issue #21 and #23 it is considered #22 by many. Its really how you look at it. Because there is no actual numbered #22 issue. I say its #22. For the Nightmare 1975 Winter Special is the same considered to be Nightmare #23 (or the last issue)

-bounty